Author Topic: Foot-Long 'Snoop Doggs' Coming To Grocery Stores  (Read 378 times)

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
Foot-Long 'Snoop Doggs' Coming To Grocery Stores
« on: November 09, 2005, 03:13:36 PM »

Some rappers slow down after scoring platinum plaques, major movie roles and their own fashion line.

Not Snoop Dogg.

Snoop has proven he can spread himself thin and still win. But like comic book superheroes, super rapper Snoop has a sidekick to help him out: his entrepreneurial 26-year-old brother, Bing Worthington. Together, their endeavors include Snoop Dogg Clothing, Cadillac Snoop DeVilles, Snoop Dogg skateboards and now, foot-long frankfurters.

You guessed it: Snoop Doggs.

Worthington came to Beantown on Wednesday to seal the hot dog deal with Boston-based Platinum One Media. His partners, Jeff Earp and Franco Petrucci, said they plan to have the made-in-Massaschusetts product in stores by January. And, yes, they hope to push Snoop Doggs at Fenway next season.

Lounging downstairs at the Wyndham Hotel, still on what he calls “L.A. time,” Worthington explained the attraction of a fast-food venture.

“There aren’t any celebrity hot dogs out there,” he said. “Who’s the competition? Ball Park?”

Even though Snoop Doggs will be little more than juicy franks dressed in hip-hop marketing, Worthington promises they’ll have his brother’s flavor.

“Everyone I’ve said it to has laughed,” he said. “Imagine a long, skinny hot dog just like Snoop.”

All of Worthington’s business decisions reflect the Big Dogg’s style. Case in point is the Snoop Dogg Board Co., which Worthington came up with after hearing Snoop tracks played repeatedly at last year’s X Games.

“I knew there had to be a skateboarding market for Snoop,” Worthington said. “But when you ride the board we want you to feel the Snoop in it, so we’re gonna have spinners on there.”

Worthington has no end of schemes he wants to pitch. Among them are hip-hop trading cards, model replicas of pimped-out celebrity rides, and his newest as of yesterday: a much-needed player’s club in downtown Boston.

Worthington earned the right to expand Snoop’s empire after proving himself to his brother. Even after Snoop went platinum with “Doggystyle” in 1993, Worthington insisted he buy his own car and pay his own dues. After what he describes as “a lot of falls,” Worthington finally learned to develop and carry out ideas that impress Big Snoop.

“Being a little brother I had to prove that I’m not just a little brother,” he said. “I had to get out there and hustle and bring Snoop the whole package wrapped up.”

High-profile contacts came in handy. For researching skateboards, Worthington went straight to Tony Hawk. For hot dogs, he linked with Platinum One’s Jeff Earp, the former owner of Joe & Nemo’s in Downtown Crossing.

Still, even with hot dogs, extreme sports and merchandising on the brain, Worthington makes time for the original family business. Along with partner-in-rhyme H.I.T., he’s a member of the hip-hop duo Lifestyle. Their debut album, “Lubrication,” drops in January, right around the time Snoop Doggs will arrive on grocery store shelves.

Like his big brother, Worthington pledges to leave no opportunities untapped.
    “Snoop takes advantage of everything,” Bing said. “This rap money isn’t long. Just ask MC Hammer.”

Source
http://theedge.bostonherald.com/foodNews/view.bg?articleid=111024

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Re: Foot-Long 'Snoop Doggs' Coming To Grocery Stores
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 03:16:14 PM »
“Everyone I’ve said it to has laughed,” he said. “Imagine a long, skinny hot dog just like Snoop.”
^LMAO!!!!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 03:19:30 PM »
This is stupid as fuck.

“Snoop takes advantage of everything,” Bing said. “This rap money isn’t long. Just ask MC Hammer.”

::)
Right, if he doesn't do this he's going broke.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 03:21:35 PM »
Wow. He'll put his name on anything these days.

O well, imma still buy 'em. ;D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 05:16:22 PM by Dat Nigga Ted aka Eri-Jordan »

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 03:26:19 PM »
You've got to be kidding me :-\

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 05:07:31 PM »
LOL

kingwell

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 05:56:06 PM »
lol, nice article.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 05:58:08 PM »
They could atleast find another name than "Snoop Dogg" , speaking of Snoop , DPGC are currently shootin the video for "REAL SOON" Im surprise they went with this as the first single

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 07:20:27 PM »
imma buy those hot dogs, i love hot dogs,easy to make and cheap to buy  8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 07:23:43 PM »
imma buy those hot dogs, i love hot dogs,easy to make and cheap to buy 8)
"Let's Roll" whose in your second sig?

dray

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 09:08:45 PM »
 snoop will jump at any opportunity to make money. i heard this on the radio and i just thought it was just plain stupid.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 07:31:31 AM »
This is genius.  Wait till Snoop starts rapping about how women all around the country are buying his dick in stores. 

I'm serious, I think it'll sell well, funny stuff. 

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 09:20:28 AM »
LOL hell yeah it will sell! Snoop will become a pioneer in the "rap-food" game! Haha.. i can imagine if some rapper will start to sell some snacks too, how about "Too Short Nutts" ?  :D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

ABN

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 09:27:05 AM »
if you aint gonna pay for all the shit he does in life you really shouldn´t complain about how he chooses to feed his loved ones(no pun intended). he might not need the money right now but in a year or 2 Snoop might struggle to go gold/platinum and then he´s gotta be able to keep up with his lifestyle and that´s a lifestyle that costs a lot of money so whatever. it´s easy to call someone a sell out but i know that every single person on Dubcc would jump on something like this in a second but since it´s Snoop we´ll just go ahead and call him a sell out ::) fuck that, Snoop´s doin his damn thing and i would do the same if i was in shoes so whatever.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 11:52:02 AM »
^^^^Agree.