Author Topic: How did Nature get a beat and verse from Dre?  (Read 628 times)

mauzip

Re: How did Nature get a beat and verse from Dre?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 04:39:17 PM »
damn, forgot about that

I bet you didn't even know ;D

reeyotch

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 06:01:55 PM »
How did the firms album sell anyways?
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

ABN

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 06:13:42 PM »
How did the firms album sell anyways?
last time i checked it had sold about 1.4 million.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 07:12:01 PM »
Everybody seemed to be dissapointed with it for whatever reasons. I never heard it all the way through, but I have probably heard most of the songs from it. Phone tap is still one of the sickest beats to date, and I didn't even like it when it came out.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 08:20:02 PM »
firm album was pretty dope imo, i mean, had a handfull of hootttt ass tracks, no more no less.

Tha Crip

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 09:08:03 PM »
there was kind of alotta dre beats that didnt make the album....shoulda totally been produced by Dre,

- "Time"
- "Firm vs State"
- "Fistfull of Dollaz" 
- "Creep"
- "4 In The Mornin"

think theres more....they also shoulda put "Nas Is Comin" on there, i dunno why that song got hate, i thought it was hot.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Okka

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 01:16:51 AM »
"Phone Tap" is fuckin dope...

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 01:54:20 AM »
what i wanna know is how the firm formed and hooked up with dre

Nas and Dre already worked together before the firm project on 2 songs.

the first was the song "nas is coming" on nas's second album and the other was West Coast/East Coast Killaz on the Aftermath album...

I did start writing a huge article (calling something like "the firm flop") about this for dubcnn but i havent been near it for ages.

outside the nas connection most of the firm people collab'd on each others albums (outside nature who replaced cormega).

cormega was pushed out of the situation because he wasnt managed by steve stoute like everyone else.. and wouldnt sign to him... so nature was put in as a replacement. earlier firm promo stuff doesnt include nature but cormega.

one track with cormega was "Affirmative Action" on nas's second album .. i'm sure theres another. but dont have my notes to hand..

basically the firm was a calculated 'fake' supergroup forced together by steve stoute.. they figured a bunch of 'stars' plus dre and trackmasters production would be huge.. they got it wrong.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:19:20 AM by Overseer »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 05:35:12 AM »
what i wanna know is how the firm formed and hooked up with dre

Nas and Dre already worked together before the firm project on 2 songs.

the first was the song "nas is coming" on nas's second album and the other was West Coast/East Coast Killaz on the Aftermath album...

I did start writing a huge article (calling something like "the firm flop") about this for dubcnn but i havent been near it for ages.

outside the nas connection most of the firm people collab'd on each others albums (outside nature who replaced cormega).

cormega was pushed out of the situation because he wasnt managed by steve stoute like everyone else.. and wouldnt sign to him... so nature was put in as a replacement. earlier firm promo stuff doesnt include nature but cormega.

one track with cormega was "Affirmative Action" on nas's second album .. i'm sure theres another. but dont have my notes to hand..

basically the firm was a calculated 'fake' supergroup forced together by steve stoute.. they figured a bunch of 'stars' plus dre and trackmasters production would be huge.. they got it wrong.

Just thought I'd add that Dre met Nas at the Murder Was The Case video shoot.

Mygla

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005, 08:48:34 AM »
it did go platinum... so calling it a flop is kinda wrong... even tho they should have done better with those names...

Visionary

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2005, 05:43:47 PM »
The track with Canibus gave me hope that he'd collab with more people e.g. Nas & Dre...sadly no

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 04:04:54 AM »
the canibus track is amazin one of the best on the album second to all dre tracks!

there was kind of alotta dre beats that didnt make the album....shoulda totally been produced by Dre,

- "Time"
- "Firm vs State"
- "Fistfull of Dollaz"
- "Creep"
- "4 In The Mornin"

think theres more....they also shoulda put "Nas Is Comin" on there, i dunno why that song got hate, i thought it was hot.

You Missed off Everyday thing dogg!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2005, 04:10:11 AM »
it did go platinum... so calling it a flop is kinda wrong... even tho they should have done better with those names...
dre called it a flop on 2001