Author Topic: NBA all star Nick Van Exel launches Hip-Hop Label  (Read 126 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
NBA all star Nick Van Exel launches Hip-Hop Label
« on: April 11, 2002, 03:25:16 PM »

NBA All star and former Los Angeles Laker, Nick Van Exel is preparing to enter the music biz with two releases: Raprock Records/Films and the release of one of the most anticipated hip hop films, Hip-Hop Story: Tha Movie / Soundtrack.

Snoop Dogg, Tupac Shakur, DMX, Notorious B.I.G., Xzibit and Method Man are just a few of the Hip Hop Stars featured in Hip Hop Story: Tha Movie / Soundtrack.

Chronicling the trials, tribulations and triumphs of hip hop in the aftermath of Tupac Shakur, Notorious B.I.G. and the late Eazy E, the project features some of the biggest names in hip-hop including Shaquille O’Neal, Ice Cube, P-Diddy, Warren G and Cash Money Millionaires.

Hip-Hop Story: Tha Movie / Soundtrack is set to be released nationwide to video retailers on DVD/VHS on May 28th.
Rapper, co-CEO and executive producer, Smoot will also be making is musical debut with the release of his debut album entitled, S.M.O.O.T. on the Raprock label.
Hip-Hop Story: Tha Movie / Soundtrack, is an unprecedented delivery of dynamic performances, dazzling audio and visual entertainment along with in-depth artists interviews. An insider’s peak is provided into the life and times of the biggest players in the hip-hop industry.

"I’ve learned from basketball that strategy is everything. Therefore, I wanted to take a different approach with the launching of my company", says Van Exel. "Instead of just putting a new artist out there, we wanted to create the proper environment for his release".

"Raprock Records has been in the making for several years now," explains Smoot, co-CEO of Raprock Records. "We’ve had a well-executed plan to impact the market in a certain way, [and] with the release of Hip-Hop Story: Tha Movie / Soundtrack, we’re positioning our label as a long term winner in the hip hop game".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: NBA all star Nick Van Exel launches Hip-Hop La
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2002, 04:10:16 PM »
tight but that won't last much in my opignion
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Antonio

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 09:44:33 PM »
tight but that won't last much in my opignion

Still.... Nick is tha man! I miss him at the Lakers! LOL!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 09:47:34 PM »
van exel played for cincy so i got love, but personally i think hes a whiney ass baby. his shit'll go unnoticed