Author Topic: Incase you guys haven't noticed........Dre's beats have fallen the fuck off  (Read 916 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Incase you guys haven't noticed........Dre's beats have fallen the fuck off
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2005, 11:52:58 AM »
oh my goodness!!  U niggaz are crazy!!  Dre is 100 x better than any of these producers (even Quik).  If Quik's production was so bomb, like all of u say it is, his music would be getting bumped right now and it's not.  He's an excellent producer, don't get me wrong but he can't touch Dre and he'll tell you that himself that Dre's the man and all the rest need to get to his level.  He also says when Dre speaks, all of them listen and take advice. 

With that said, everytime Dre brings an album out, it's straight fire.  Stop comparing his work to 50's latest album, if you look, he did what, like one or two songs on there and the remix that Dre did is the most played song right now!  I hate the fucc out of 50 but Dre laced that nigga w/ a heater...

All you niggaz need to go bacc in history until now before you talk about anybody being better than Dre, this nigga making straight hits and if his production fell off so much, why are we still fiending for more Dre production/albums??  Ask me that question and why isn't the other producer's you guys mentioned not selling?

Well you have to break it down and look at what you are comparing. Most people who know music, as far as musicianship and music theory goes, know that DJ Quik is more talented than Dre is. He can do many things as far as complexity goes that Dre has never done before. Dre's name has been bigger than Quik's name because of the time he's been in the game, and because Dre has worked with many more artists that are appealing to the whole country than Quik. You can never judge music by what people seem to like, because many people aren't exposed to the same thing.

It also boils down to a producer versus beatmaker argument. There are some producers who make great beats, but as far as the songs and albums go, they aren't always classic. There are some producers who's music itself may not always be amazing, but the way that the songs and albums come together make it classic. This is what happens with Dre and Quik. Dre has re-invented his sound a lot of times, and whenever he does, people follow that style. Quik hasn't changed the game nearly as many times as Dre. At the same time, Quik can be seen as much more creative as Dre, for various reasons such as the fact his music changes up a lot more, has a lot more goin on in the beats, and is just musically superior.

Overall...I feel Dre does make better beats for people who like rap, but for people who like R&B, Jazz, Funk, and Rap, Quik is much better. So Dre is obviously going to be seen as a better and bigger producer by most people who like rap because of this. Dre also makes better albums than Quik as far as the overall product of the album, but musicwise, nah. If you bought the instrumental versions of Chronic 2001 and Rhythmalism before you heard the whole album with the rapping and all else, it would be a no-brainer that Rhythmalism had better instrumentals on it. But the songs on Chronic 01 made it better.
listen to R-Tistic man, he knows his shit

he's 100% correct on that shit

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2005, 11:53:04 AM »
Theres too much Dre and Quik dickriding.

WestCoasta

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2005, 11:54:22 AM »
Theres too much Dre and Quik dickriding.
I'll give you that

but also with good reason

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2005, 12:00:51 PM »
I'm guessing that Dre is keeping all the beats that he thinks would make good material for Detox and just giving out shit to other artists.

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2005, 12:32:03 PM »
oh my goodness!!  U niggaz are crazy!!  Dre is 100 x better than any of these producers (even Quik).  If Quik's production was so bomb, like all of u say it is, his music would be getting bumped right now and it's not.  He's an excellent producer, don't get me wrong but he can't touch Dre and he'll tell you that himself that Dre's the man and all the rest need to get to his level.  He also says when Dre speaks, all of them listen and take advice. 

With that said, everytime Dre brings an album out, it's straight fire.  Stop comparing his work to 50's latest album, if you look, he did what, like one or two songs on there and the remix that Dre did is the most played song right now!  I hate the fucc out of 50 but Dre laced that nigga w/ a heater...

All you niggaz need to go bacc in history until now before you talk about anybody being better than Dre, this nigga making straight hits and if his production fell off so much, why are we still fiending for more Dre production/albums??  Ask me that question and why isn't the other producer's you guys mentioned not selling?

Well you have to break it down and look at what you are comparing. Most people who know music, as far as musicianship and music theory goes, know that DJ Quik is more talented than Dre is. He can do many things as far as complexity goes that Dre has never done before. Dre's name has been bigger than Quik's name because of the time he's been in the game, and because Dre has worked with many more artists that are appealing to the whole country than Quik. You can never judge music by what people seem to like, because many people aren't exposed to the same thing.

It also boils down to a producer versus beatmaker argument. There are some producers who make great beats, but as far as the songs and albums go, they aren't always classic. There are some producers who's music itself may not always be amazing, but the way that the songs and albums come together make it classic. This is what happens with Dre and Quik. Dre has re-invented his sound a lot of times, and whenever he does, people follow that style. Quik hasn't changed the game nearly as many times as Dre. At the same time, Quik can be seen as much more creative as Dre, for various reasons such as the fact his music changes up a lot more, has a lot more goin on in the beats, and is just musically superior.

Overall...I feel Dre does make better beats for people who like rap, but for people who like R&B, Jazz, Funk, and Rap, Quik is much better. So Dre is obviously going to be seen as a better and bigger producer by most people who like rap because of this. Dre also makes better albums than Quik as far as the overall product of the album, but musicwise, nah. If you bought the instrumental versions of Chronic 2001 and Rhythmalism before you heard the whole album with the rapping and all else, it would be a no-brainer that Rhythmalism had better instrumentals on it. But the songs on Chronic 01 made it better.

That's just your opinion.....To me, Quik music is pretty boring and doesn't grab a crowd like Dre's and that's what people are looking for.  You can throw any instrument on a song, doesn't matter how creative you are if people are not feeling the sound.  To me, Dre is in a class by himself and shouldn't be compared to any of these producers (east or west).  I'm from LA just like you and I don't see people out here looking for Quik's music like they are for Dre.  You said Dre worked w/ artist that's appealing to the whole country?  Who?  Majority of the artist he worked w/ are the ones HE created, not the industry.  You think 50, Eminem, Game or even Snoop would've been successfull as they are w/o Dre?  There's no way you could say "Yes" w/ that one.  I think people around here hate on Dre and when his albums drop, the same people talking about Quik's production is better will be on Dre's dicc. 

westkoastanostra

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2005, 01:22:26 PM »
can't we all just agree that their both on the same level.....even-steven....

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2005, 04:14:19 PM »
this thread has nothing to do with quik

why niggas/euro-white-boys always bring in quik when Dre is talked about?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2005, 05:28:39 PM »
dr dre>>>>>dj quik
quik aint even that good, hes alrite to listen to sometimes tho

Paul

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2005, 09:51:27 AM »
dr dre>>>>>dj quik

:o
funkyfreshintheflesh

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2005, 10:12:36 AM »
dr dre>>>>>dj quik

Dres beats are mostly the same though, hes uses the same sounds and heavy bass in almost every track. Quik puts the funk in his music, almost every beat uses a different combination of instruments and has its own signiture sound. Dre makes better beats, but less of them. How many times you bumped, Inside Out? Or a battlecat beat? Their just something you can groove too. I really don't think you can compare Quik and Dre, since their styles are alot different, and they work with different artists. Compareing Quik to Fred, or Storch to Dre is easy, but Quik and Dre are both better at their own things.

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2005, 06:44:57 PM »
wtf...

Bomb-A®

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2005, 07:25:19 PM »
i loved Rainman, Encore and Outta Control (both versions), so i disagree

peace

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2005, 01:40:49 PM »
Now before you start cussing me out for saying ANYTHING negative about Dre just listen.  I'm not syaing the new beats he puts out(GRODT soundtrack, Massacre, Encore...) are wack as fuck, but they are NOTHING when compared to the shit he was dropping 4-5 years ago.  His beats on Top Dogg, Mashell mathers LP, Last Meal, and Restless shit on anything he's being putting out the last couple years.  I won't even begin to compare his beats these days to Chronic, Doggystyle, and Chronic 2001

and know we're supposed to think that when Detox drops he's going to suddenly drop the most amzing beats ever made?  I'm sure it'll be dope but it just won't touch his past shit

ture story

I agree.the nigga have been doing some slaw ass shit lately.its like he lost alot of his rawness,and is just being lazy.(both DOC,and Em has said this about dre)....this brotha has went from chronic,doggystyle,to (if i was a rich girl)with his beats.....but he still one of the best,respect to dre...............................but that (out of control beat is bumpen)cant hate.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2005, 01:44:50 PM »
Your on a westcoast forum, most people here got into music during the g-funk era. Most people here HATE ALL of todays music unless it's some underground westcoast artist thats still doing the same shyt. Maybe some of you need to realise that the beats Dre is doing nowadays are HOT to the new generation.

That said I'm sure Detox will still be enjoyable to everyone who ever loved hiphop music, I got faith  8)
a homie,they sleeping on that "dare iz a dark side"huh!classic....been getting crunk to that the past 3days.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.