Author Topic: Incase you guys haven't noticed........Dre's beats have fallen the fuck off  (Read 920 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Now before you start cussing me out for saying ANYTHING negative about Dre just listen.  I'm not syaing the new beats he puts out(GRODT soundtrack, Massacre, Encore...) are wack as fuck, but they are NOTHING when compared to the shit he was dropping 4-5 years ago.  His beats on Top Dogg, Mashell mathers LP, Last Meal, and Restless shit on anything he's being putting out the last couple years.  I won't even begin to compare his beats these days to Chronic, Doggystyle, and Chronic 2001

and know we're supposed to think that when Detox drops he's going to suddenly drop the most amzing beats ever made?  I'm sure it'll be dope but it just won't touch his past shit

ture story

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 03:30:47 PM by Quik is the Name »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

mauzip

I agree.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
People said he had fell off before 2001. Dre isn't going to change his style before Detox so I'm not expecting any of his current beats to blow me away and yes they are pretty weak but I don't think Dre is going to give his best beats to 50 Cent anyway.

jeromechickenbone

I think some of it is that he had a lot of generic sounding beats that he kept giving people, and they started to sound the same.  However, i will say that his beats on Obie Trice's album were fuckin sick.  I think those were def some of Dre's better beats in the last few years.

BJV

Your on a westcoast forum, most people here got into music during the g-funk era. Most people here HATE ALL of todays music unless it's some underground westcoast artist thats still doing the same shyt. Maybe some of you need to realise that the beats Dre is doing nowadays are HOT to the new generation.

That said I'm sure Detox will still be enjoyable to everyone who ever loved hiphop music, I got faith  8)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I disagree. His beats on 2001 where classic, but get very old quick, and are all very similar. Saying that, Dre still does have his own sound. But beats like In da club, higher, Outta control, are classics. His songs on the masscare (besides outta control), encore, and GRODT soundtrack were very weak, actually, almost unlisenable. His beats are getting less consistant, but he still can make huge hits.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
remember his shit on SSLP before chronic 2001 dropped?  he was dropping absolute ass beats.  it goes in cycles, i wouldn't worry about it at all.  when dre puts his effort into something it comes off amazing, so whatever.

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
well dre style has changed because he is not working with the same players on the marshal mathers LP it was dr.dre and mel man producing the tracks dr.dre does not really work with mel man now, he works more with mike elizondo is a co producer and scott storch and mark batson. Camara kambon who helped alot on 2001 doesnt really work with him much thats why his beats sound a little diffrent now i mean on detox im pretty sure all those people will be back but as of right now its just dre and elizondo and storch thats why the beats sound diffrent from past ones cause mel man aint on em.

Hittman2001

Mel man is gone...thats why  ;)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I can't really complain too much about Dre's beats lately. Sure, he's dropped a few in the last year that shouldn't be considered his best work, but he ain't slipping, imo. It's just that period of time where he's not tryna release anything mind blowing. Why would be release his dopest beats now, when Detox is supposed to drop within the next 12 months?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Incase you guys haven't noticed........Dre's beats have fallen the fuck off
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 05:38:38 PM »
I'm guessing that Dre is keeping all the beats that he thinks would make good material for Detox and just giving out shit to other artists.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 05:42:26 PM »
true...kinda

a lot of those beats are good but the artist just ruined em. like "Gunz Come Out" or "Big Weenie". both great beats but Eminem & 50 came weak on them (listen to how Papoose ripped the "Gunz Come Out" beat).

but even dre's weak beats are 2 steps ahead of most producers best tracks
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 06:03:38 PM »
Dre really ain't trying to hard on a lot of his beats.
As for detox, you know its gonna have crazy beats because everytime (okay, both times) Dre came out with an album it been fire. When he is focused, can nobody stop him.

WestCoasta

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 06:07:42 PM »
agreed, he's one of the best ever but he gets way too much credit

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!