Author Topic: Incase you guys haven't noticed........Dre's beats have fallen the fuck off  (Read 939 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Incase you guys haven't noticed........Dre's beats have fallen the fuck off
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 08:36:11 PM »
agreed, he's one of the best ever but he gets way too much credit

Quik, Battlecat and Fredwreck make better beats anyways IMO.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 11:24:10 PM »
Well "How we do" was a very big song, and "In da club" is arguably one of the biggest rap songs in history as far as the # of times it was played and just how much of an impact it had.

I see what you are sayin though...we don't hear too much from Dre, and when we do, it's usually never anything that has us in "wow". I have heard more beats from Quik, Timbo, and Rick Rock in the last few years that just had me wilin out than from Dre. But I do think he is savin his best for Detox, because they said In da club was a Detox beat.

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 11:32:55 PM »
I have heard more beats from Quik, Timbo, and Rick Rock in the last few years that just had me wilin out than from Dre.

maybe not Fred, but I'd say Battlecat yeah

DJ Quik COMPLETELY blows Dre away, no competion musically, no way I don't care how much u try to argue

all Quik's beats have more talent thrown into them and all of em sound personal

DJ Quik >>> Dr. Dre   any day
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 11:34:45 PM by w3$t c04$t »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 11:37:07 PM »
I have heard more beats from Quik, Timbo, and Rick Rock in the last few years that just had me wilin out than from Dre.

DJ Quik COMPLETELY blows Dre away, no competion musically, no way I don't care how much u try to argue

DJ Quik >>> Dr. Dre   any day
ANYDAY?!?!
So your saying Dre's Albums are not as good as Quik's production wise?
Is that what your saying? Because please tell me if that is what your saying.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 11:39:54 PM »
I'd say Quik is the better producer, but Dre really knows how to bring out the best in his artists. The best thing about all of Quiks friends albums, are the beats. Ppl like 50, Game, Xzibit, always sound great on a Dre beat.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 11:48:38 PM »
ATM Quik is the better producer by far. More innovative and diverse beats. Dre seems like he's goin through the motions.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 12:28:02 AM »
But I do think he is savin his best for Detox, because they said In da club was a Detox beat.

na they said in da club was a beat for d12  but they turned it down.

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 12:41:50 AM »

DJ Quik >>> Dr. Dre any day
ANYDAY?!?!
So your saying Dre's Albums are not as good as Quik's production wise?
Is that what your saying? Because please tell me if that is what your saying.
that's exactly what I'm saying, Ted.

Quik is the better producer by far. More innovative and diverse beats. Dre seems like he's goin through the motions.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 12:47:01 AM by w3$t c04$t »

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 02:03:20 AM »
Dre's not really on an amazing level right now, but that's most likely because he's putting time in Detox at the moment. Anything that's good enough to be heard, but just doesn't fit Detox vibe or quality wise, could be used for other artists. That's all we're hearing these days... There won't be any mindblowing Dre beats released until Detox drops, you can take that for granted. It doesn't necessarily mean Dre fell off... He's just saving the amazing beats up right now.

When you're talking about the general vibe to the beats... Nowadays, Dre makes modern beats. You can't blame the man for not sticking to the same old shit for years and years... He's only trying to be innovative and refreshing to the music industry. I don't expect anything less than 2001's quality for Detox.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 02:14:55 AM »
i agree 100% and i said that before in other posts....dres beats these days are nothin compared to the heat he produced in 99/00 ...and that was 5 years ago

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 03:06:28 AM »
dre beats are boring these days. i dont listen to his stuff anymore. hopefully the 3rd album will have the same heat he dropped 5 years back.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 05:28:16 AM »
Dre's not really on an amazing level right now, but that's most likely because he's putting time in Detox at the moment. Anything that's good enough to be heard, but just doesn't fit Detox vibe or quality wise, could be used for other artists. That's all we're hearing these days... There won't be any mindblowing Dre beats released until Detox drops, you can take that for granted. It doesn't necessarily mean Dre fell off... He's just saving the amazing beats up right now.

When you're talking about the general vibe to the beats... Nowadays, Dre makes modern beats. You can't blame the man for not sticking to the same old shit for years and years... He's only trying to be innovative and refreshing to the music industry. I don't expect anything less than 2001's quality for Detox.

The Predator

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 06:31:15 AM »
What i miss is Dre producing full albums.

I thought he would of laced most GRODT, DOCUMENTARY etc...

He needs a new sound, the one he been playing since 2001 is flamed out now

Bt maybe he's savng his beats for EVE's album..

mauzip

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 06:40:38 AM »

Bt maybe he's savng his beats for EVE's album..

Let's hope not. No disrespect to Eve, but Aftermath has much and much better rappers under contract.

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 07:02:20 AM »
oh my goodness!!  U niggaz are crazy!!  Dre is 100 x better than any of these producers (even Quik).  If Quik's production was so bomb, like all of u say it is, his music would be getting bumped right now and it's not.  He's an excellent producer, don't get me wrong but he can't touch Dre and he'll tell you that himself that Dre's the man and all the rest need to get to his level.  He also says when Dre speaks, all of them listen and take advice. 

With that said, everytime Dre brings an album out, it's straight fire.  Stop comparing his work to 50's latest album, if you look, he did what, like one or two songs on there and the remix that Dre did is the most played song right now!  I hate the fucc out of 50 but Dre laced that nigga w/ a heater...

All you niggaz need to go bacc in history until now before you talk about anybody being better than Dre, this nigga making straight hits and if his production fell off so much, why are we still fiending for more Dre production/albums??  Ask me that question and why isn't the other producer's you guys mentioned not selling?