Author Topic: TONIGHT! Game 1 - Clippers vs. Lakers  (Read 465 times)

acbaylove

Re: TONIGHT! Game 1 - Clippers vs. Lakers
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 07:26:15 PM »
Let's put it like that: if they loose tonight a lot of fans will start to be pessimistic about the team and Mitch's project, and they'll have to see Clipper fans dissing them, again. Kwame is struggling to do Samaki Walker's numbers and he was supposed to be our "impact" player, Odom is not making the difference like he was supposed to do after a first disappointing season in L.A., McKie is not even playing and we signed him to make him our veteran starting PG, and the bench looks short. Only Parker is a great surprise. But me, being a Laker fan, i'm very worried about the team right now. If the team itself loose confidence i can see a lot of problems coming in the next games. Kwame can start feeling frustrate. He moved to L.A. to play like a "beast", but he's failing. Odom could move back to the PF spot. Kobe can be disappointed cause he's in his prime and he doesn't have a decent team surrounding him. I'm pessimistic. Obviously this is just a game. 1 out of 82. It's not a big deal. But with the Clippers ranking #1 in the West and with the Lakers with a negative record the media will destroy them, so the pressure will be really really high.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 07:28:49 PM »
Let's put it like that: if they loose tonight a lot of fans will start to be pessimistic about the team and Mitch's project, and they'll have to see Clipper fans dissing them, again. Kwame is struggling to do Samaki Walker's numbers and he was supposed to be our "impact" player, Odom is not making the difference like he was supposed to do after a first disappointing season in L.A., McKie is not even playing and we signed him to make him our veteran starting PG, and the bench looks short. Only Parker is a great surprise. But me, being a Laker fan, i'm very worried about the team right now. If the team itself loose confidence i can see a lot of problems coming in the next games. Kwame can start feeling frustrate. He moved to L.A. to play like a "beast", but he's failing. Odom could move back to the PF spot. Kobe can be disappointed cause he's in his prime and he doesn't have a decent team surrounding him. I'm pessimistic. Obviously this is just a game. 1 out of 82. It's not a big deal. But with the Clippers ranking #1 in the West and with the Lakers with a negative record the media will destroy them, so the pressure will be really really high.

yeah, and their win percentage this year will still be higher then last years lol. so theyve improved!  ;D

smoke1ne

• 'G'
  • LOL
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 11:11:28 PM »
this game was a dissapointment dont know who to blame the refs or kobe for his choice of shots he took at times he didn need to 35 shots for 36 pts wow thas awfull and kwame strained his hamstring tonight so hell be out for some games im sure which makes our frontcourt even thinner mitch we need some offensssive punch off the bench playboy as much as i hate to say this but make some calls and hitup sprewell if hes willin to take whats left of the mle which is 2.5 mill
http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=15899 (link)   shits real easy.. you just click the name of the offer you wanna do... do what the instructions say.. and then hit submit...

you can make about 80$ without doing any cc offers!!!! no bullshit

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 01:14:43 AM »

yeah, and their win percentage this year will still be higher then last years lol. so theyve improved!  ;D

Like i predicted in my wildest nightmare, Lakers are in the last place of the Pacific Division, virtually out of the Playoffs. While Clippers ranks #1 in the Western Conference. I dunno if something is really changed from the past season. Maybe the record. Not the position. I'm really disappointed.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 01:49:15 AM »
Try to look at the bright side.. Kwame is out for a couple of games.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 02:06:04 AM »
Try to look at the bright side.. Kwame is out for a couple of games.

Trust me, it's not a bright side at all, since our bench player sucks more than him, if possible. :-X

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2005, 01:19:19 AM »

Like i predicted in my wildest nightmare, Lakers are in the last place of the Pacific Division, virtually out of the Playoffs. While Clippers ranks #1 in the Western Conference. I dunno if something is really changed from the past season. Maybe the record. Not the position. I'm really disappointed.

9 games into the season man, calm down...if you guys are in last at the All Star break...then you should be pissed...but wait 15-20 games  before you worry. Denver hasnt looked good....but they will be a playoff team. Detroit has looked amazing...but theyll come down to Earth a little.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2005, 01:30:43 AM »

9 games into the season man, calm down...if you guys are in last at the All Star break...then you should be pissed...but wait 15-20 games  before you worry. Denver hasnt looked good....but they will be a playoff team. Detroit has looked amazing...but theyll come down to Earth a little.

damn, just now saw the score to the Detroit/Dallas game....shit! Dallas brought they ass down to Earth real fast. 37 point win?! Dallas looks prety good so far, already beat SA and Detroit. Too bad they dont ever seem to know how to win in the playoffs lol

wcsoldier

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2005, 06:00:28 AM »
Even if there are just 9 games played and I'm a huge Lakers fan, I start to be very pessimistic too like Antonio. I mean let's be realistic, if Kobe hasn't 30+ with a decent shoots% (between 45-50) , we haven't a chance to win against a 50%+ winning team. Phil needs to change something. I mean Odom isn't a success as a initiator of the triangle offense. I know it asks time but we haven't it. Odom needs to post up as a small forward. As a initiator, he's on the top of the arc and shoot the 3 (really bad). Our passing game is pretty weak so it's ; give the ball to Kobe and let's see. Plus I don't want to talk about Brown ....

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005, 02:58:04 PM »
Man i ain't crazy, trust me. And i wasn't crazy this summer. This team looks like the past season one.

WestCoasta

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 04:03:03 PM »
This team looks like the past season one.
that's exactly what I thought when they displayed the same traits in their first loss of the year, I knew they were similar

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 12:03:25 PM »
LMAO@The biggest Laker hater, ToNe, being less pessimistic about the Lakers than the Laker fans on this board...The Lakers are off to a slow start, nothing has gelled, the offense hasn't been applied properly, half of our players are either playing injured or out hurt...The only thing I see good in this whole slump right now is that Kwame is gunna have time to watch from the sideline and get himself mentally ready to play like he was meant to when he returns. I think Kwame needed the break...I honestly believe that come all-star break, the Lakers will be a whole new team under Phil's TOTAL CONTROL, which he seems to lack right now...If the Lakers don't make the playoffs, ban me.

acbaylove

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 06:41:27 PM »
LMAO@The biggest Laker hater, ToNe, being less pessimistic about the Lakers than the Laker fans on this board...

I predicted a 5-8 record at the end of November. We have a 4-6 record right now and we gotta face San Antonio, New Jersey and Seattle. I wasnt wrong AT ALL. You WAS HELLA WRONG predicting 9+ wins. So shut up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 09:13:05 PM »
LMAO@The biggest Laker hater, ToNe, being less pessimistic about the Lakers than the Laker fans on this board...

I predicted a 5-8 record at the end of November. We have a 4-6 record right now and we gotta face San Antonio, New Jersey and Seattle. I wasnt wrong AT ALL. You WAS HELLA WRONG predicting 9+ wins. So shut up.

So what? Did I say the Lakers will win 9+ games for sure? I just said it would be nice and possible...Obviously, they haven't gotten with the system as soon as I woulda' liked them too (even though I didn't expect them to get it 9 games into the season, like you did)...But I still keep hope in my team, something you seem to lack a whole lot.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 09:48:17 PM »

i predicted 5 wins also in that thread before the season. And im not sayin the Lakers are gonna be some amazing squad this year. Im just sayin, give em 15-20 games before you write em off. Not because i have some sort of faith in the lakers lol. But because like i said a million times...you cant really judge a team THIS soon in the season. We're 9-2...and i seriously dont think we're playing our best ball yet. We have some new players...and like the Lakers, its gonna take at least 10-15 games before the chemistry is really there. If you get through a third of the season...and they still look this way, be worried.