Author Topic: British marine gets kicked unconcious during joining run  (Read 116 times)

Throwback

British marine gets kicked unconcious during joining run
« on: November 28, 2005, 05:26:32 AM »
http://astream.net/links/notw/joining_run_300.asx

oh and for some sick reason they have no clothes on.
:0

Throwback

Re: British marine gets kicked unconcious during joining run
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 05:27:17 AM »
Police investigate video of beaten marine
By Catriona Davies
(Filed: 28/11/2005)

A criminal investigation was launched yesterday into a video apparently showing a naked young Royal Marine being beaten unconscious by his superior.

The Royal Military Police's special investigation branch was called in to investigate alleged violent bullying by NCOs as part of an initiation ceremony for newly-qualified commandos in the elite force.

The video apparently shows drunken, naked soldiers being made to fight each other with rubber mats strapped to their arms, watched by a crowd of their jeering peers.

They are then made to fight bare-fisted while kneeling in the mud. When one falls, a man in a fancy dress surgeon's outfit - allegedly an NCO - kicks him in the face, leaving him unconscious.

A marine who leaked the video to the News of the World said: "The guy laid out was inches from being dead. Stuff like this goes on all the time but when drink is involved it gets worse.

"They were taken to a barbecue with about 40 other marines watching. Their superior was getting them to do stranger and stranger things, while getting them pissed and picking on any who did not do what he wanted. They were having to swallow raw eggs and huge chunks of lard. The ones who could not do it were singled out and humiliated."

The marines involved were in their first few months with 42 Commando at Bickleigh Barracks, near Plymouth, after completing their 32-week training at Lympstone in Devon. The incident allegedly happened in May.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said yesterday: "The Royal Marines take these allegations extremely seriously and have a zero tolerance policy on bullying and harassment.

"An investigation has been launched and because of this we are unable to comment on the details behind these allegations. Behaviour of this kind will not be tolerated. Whenever there is a proven breach of this policy we always take appropriate disciplinary action."

Military sources were shocked by the level of violence but said that drunken initiation ceremonies were not unusual in the Royal Marines.

One said: "When they go away on exercise there will be a theme of, say, heels and suspenders that they will get into at every opportunity."

A former Royal Marines NCO, a veteran of the Falklands and first Gulf war, said the bullying was an extreme form of "beasting" - corrective punishments on marines still in training.

He said: "There is a fine line between character building and humiliation. This video seems to have crossed the line and appears to be more gladiatorial.

"The Royal Marines pride themselves on being Britain's fighting elite and training has always been very tough. One or two people take things too far and that is what has happened here. We have all dished it out and been on the receiving end of stuff which would make civilians cringe."

He said that when the Earl of Wessex was training at Lympstone in 1983 he was ordered to wade naked through an icy river.

Another former Royal Marine said: "Silly games and nakedness were all par for the course, but I never experienced anything that was over the top."

Patrick Mercer, the Conservative spokesman for homeland security who served as an Army officer for 26 years, said: "This could be deeply damaging to recruitment.

"A lot of units think this sort of thing is terribly amusing and makes better soldiers but I think it is abuse."

Lord Garden, the former assistant chief of defence staff and now a Liberal Democrat peer, said: "It will be counter-productive to shrug and say that this just happens.

"We need to investigate and find the causes. We need to look at the level of supervision and how to prevent these things happening."

Charles Heyman, a senior defence analyst for Jane's, was sceptical about the authenticity of the video.

"We have seen hoaxers trying to screw money out of newspapers before," he said.

"In years gone by this sort of thing was pretty commonplace but it has quite rightly been stamped out in recent years."

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 05:30:21 AM »
I saw it on the news yesterday. Crazy shit... someone also said that it's a common under marines to fight without clothes on. It's something they like to do when they're free off :-\

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 05:41:32 AM »
This was all over the BBC yesterday, pretty fucked up lol and they wonder why recruitment is at an all time low.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 06:39:02 AM »
why the fuck are they all naked this is some weird ass shit.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 06:40:54 AM »
that surgeon was such a pussy kickin that guy and shit he wasnt even involve lol i would have whuped his fuckin ass he looked like a little bitch anyway.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 06:42:18 AM »
why the fuck are they all naked this is some weird ass shit.

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 07:59:49 AM »
that surgeon was such a pussy kickin that guy and shit he wasnt even involve lol i would have whuped his fuckin ass.
YEAH, WRIIIGHT..................................but anyway thats fucked up.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 10:50:46 AM »
WTF is this??? getting naked for punishments and fights. :- :-\... :puke: :puke: :puke:
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:54:56 AM »
hahaha,   yeah we´ve all been told about that at work
   initiation tests happen everwhere in the british forces (out of hours). ok, being naked is another story. but at the end of the day it was a laugh

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 11:04:55 AM »
hahaha,   yeah we´ve all been told about that at work
   initiation tests happen everwhere in the british forces (out of hours). ok, being naked is another story. but at the end of the day it was a laugh

Unless you are the one who gets knocked out.

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 11:41:21 AM »
hahaha, yeah we´ve all been told about that at work

Do one mate. If it had been you getting knocked to fuck I'm sure it wouldn't have been a laugh. You must be a right thick fucking squaddy cunt eh?
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes