Author Topic: Ja rule back on the streets?  (Read 256 times)

Biron

Ja rule back on the streets?
« on: April 04, 2002, 01:30:57 AM »
Ja Rule knows what it's like to be in the shoes of Ashanti, his Murder Inc. labelmate and "Always on Time" co-star.

He can remember when not too long ago he felt the pressure of being a star on the rise. Now that he's a bona fide hitmaker, Ja still feels pressure.

But keeping the songs coming that help his star hover in the stratosphere is the least of his worries. Lately he's been feeling some heat from below the heavens.

"I've rethought a lot of things," he said Tuesday about his work in progress, The Last Temptation. "I have records that I was gonna hold back. I'm gonna let those records fly. I was gonna regress when I should progress."

Here's a guy who used to go around battling other MCs with DMX, and now he's singing (or gruffly chanting, depending on how you perceive it) with Mary J. Blige. He's hearing the murmurs in the background; the streets are talking. Though he's become a radio and video outlet staple, Ja said some people are not feeling his progression.

"Being that I've been making records and they've been coming out so big, you get a stigma on you that you're a commercial artist now," he said. "I think that's an unfair stigma. Sometimes people make you feel like you have to regress back to something they just understand as you. ... I don't want to do that with The Last Temptation."

His biggest temptation with the new album, he said, was to make a disc peppered with "street tales."

"At first I was going to really do something with this album, The Last Temptation. I was gonna take it over the top and really gutter it out. But you know what? [There are] a lot of people out there that are trying to emulate my formula. So if muthaf---ers are emulating my formula, why should I break down and not give the people what they're used to me doing?

"I think I wanna continue to show people my growth as an artist and continue to make the music I know I can make — not just pigeonhole myself and make all street records. I don't think that's fair to my audience. I should make all kinds of records."

(musictelevisionDOTcom)

What do y'all think about MY HOMIE ja rule?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

PLANT

Re: Ja rule back on the streets?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2002, 01:45:16 AM »
ja is real commercial nowadays...but i still feel some of his shit...its too bad cuz his first album was real hot i was feelin that shit...but nowadays, i wouldnt buy a ja rule album cuz immma hear it all on mtv...and then download and burn whatever im feelin from him
;D

bez

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2002, 02:30:50 AM »
i like ja, yer he is commercail but at least hes good

KVB

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2002, 02:33:38 AM »
Ja Rule knows what it's like to be in the shoes of Ashanti, his Murder Inc. labelmate and "Always on Time" co-star.

He can remember when not too long ago he felt the pressure of being a star on the rise. Now that he's a bona fide hitmaker, Ja still feels pressure.

But keeping the songs coming that help his star hover in the stratosphere is the least of his worries. Lately he's been feeling some heat from below the heavens.

"I've rethought a lot of things," he said Tuesday about his work in progress, The Last Temptation. "I have records that I was gonna hold back. I'm gonna let those records fly. I was gonna regress when I should progress."

Here's a guy who used to go around battling other MCs with DMX, and now he's singing (or gruffly chanting, depending on how you perceive it) with Mary J. Blige. He's hearing the murmurs in the background; the streets are talking. Though he's become a radio and video outlet staple, Ja said some people are not feeling his progression.

"Being that I've been making records and they've been coming out so big, you get a stigma on you that you're a commercial artist now," he said. "I think that's an unfair stigma. Sometimes people make you feel like you have to regress back to something they just understand as you. ... I don't want to do that with The Last Temptation."

His biggest temptation with the new album, he said, was to make a disc peppered with "street tales."

"At first I was going to really do something with this album, The Last Temptation. I was gonna take it over the top and really gutter it out. But you know what? [There are] a lot of people out there that are trying to emulate my formula. So if muthaf---ers are emulating my formula, why should I break down and not give the people what they're used to me doing?

"I think I wanna continue to show people my growth as an artist and continue to make the music I know I can make — not just pigeonhole myself and make all street records. I don't think that's fair to my audience. I should make all kinds of records."

(musictelevisionDOTcom)

What do y'all think about MY HOMIE ja rule?

By any chance, are you the dude formerly known as myrealname ?

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2002, 02:49:05 AM »

By any chance, are you the dude formerly known as myrealname ?

I think it is myrealname!

P.S. I don't like Ja Rule one bit.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 03:04:30 AM »
Hey, I just noticed that Reesrevo is Overseer spelt backwards.

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 01:19:58 PM »
ja rule has no lyrical skill, he cant sing, he cant rap.. ja rule sucks, Venni Vetti Vicci was weak; the only good song on that cd was "IN MY RACE AGAINST TIME".. There was no song i liked on 3:19 and Pain Is Love is wack...
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2002, 02:49:48 PM »
ja rule has no lyrical skill, he cant sing, he cant rap.. ja rule sucks, Venni Vetti Vicci was weak; the only good song on that cd was "IN MY RACE AGAINST TIME".. There was no song i liked on 3:19 and Pain Is Love is wack...

agreed that song was tight......

Big BpG

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2002, 03:39:34 PM »

:)

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2002, 04:21:15 PM »

ah ah ahah ah ah muthasucka
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Jome

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2002, 12:57:54 AM »
i like ja, yer he is commercail but at least hes good

lmao

Smooth

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2002, 09:42:52 AM »
^^haha^^  agreed...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

techniec

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2002, 10:05:26 AM »

ha ha ha

i just thought the kid had a stupid name.....lol

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2002, 10:16:23 AM »
ja rule might have a couple songs i feel every now and then but overall hes retarted

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2002, 02:08:52 PM »
When Ja 1st dropped he was tight, but now he is an MTV bitch!! He comes out wit R&B songs now!! Nothin against R&B but when he 1st dropped he was claimin to be gangsta and hard but then he changed his style and went commercial!! I mean shit now he does songs where he sings and shit but he a gangsta?  ::) Reminds me of some1 else named P. Diddy!!!