Author Topic: What exactly was "Murder was the case"?  (Read 1377 times)

Fonky Fresh

Re: What exactly was "Murder was the case"?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 02:33:51 PM »
theres a scene where snoop rolls up in his lowrider and theres a song playing in the car

its a straight up slow g-funk groove, but ive never found out what song it is

does anyone know?
swoop g no?
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 03:01:57 PM »
theres a scene where snoop rolls up in his lowrider and theres a song playing in the car

its a straight up slow g-funk groove, but ive never found out what song it is

does anyone know?
swoop g no?

is that the name of the song?
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »
Mista Grimm - Indo smoke?

Don Seer

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 03:19:10 PM »

already been mentioned.. its Swoop G - 20 Dollars..

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2005, 03:20:16 PM »
Mista Grimm - Indo smoke?

it wasnt indo smoke

its a song i had never heard and it had a high synthesizer sound throughout the song. it was really slow tempo and had singing.
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 03:21:23 PM »

already been mentioned.. its Swoop G - 20 Dollars..

many thanks
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 03:24:05 PM »
ive just heard a sample of it..................again thanks

the whole album sounds excellent from the few snippets ive heard.
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2005, 05:00:25 PM »
That's basically Snoop's seminal video in my opinion, the beat is fucking BANANAS too.  I love in the video when it shows Dre playing keyboard, only time I've seen that in one of their videos. 

If you want the best ever "murder was the case" get the one live from the MTV video awards (must have been in 1995).  Anybody seen it?

There's a big church scene on stage, with the lights all dark, and a whole choir, and a casket in the middle of the stage with a spotlight shining in it.  There's a preacher and an organ playing church music, and the preacher's saying things like "HE WAS A GOOD BROTHER!!!"... all these people are walking by the casket, paying their respects and things...

all of a sudden the "Murder Was the Case" beat breaks in, you hear Snoop "Murder was the Case That They Gave Me!" and he does the whole first verse... when he gets to the "It's gonna take a miracle, they say... for me to walk again and talk again, but anyway"  Daz wheels him out on stage in a wheelchair, and he stands up out of it and finishes the song. 

Dre played the keys live from the back of the fucking stage, too.  Awesome performance, the best 'rap' performance I've ever seen on t.v. 

Damn, i wanna see that shit, must be dope...

Yea that was the 94 or 95 awards I think, that shit was definitely the best rap performance ever. Snoop is already a top 3 performer as is.

mauzip

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2006, 04:28:27 PM »
I just bought this dvd a few days ago, but it doesn't have a menu. Is it supposed to be that way?

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2006, 04:52:57 PM »
i feel a hookup coming on

anyone, pleasE?

mauzip

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »
I just bought this dvd a few days ago, but it doesn't have a menu. Is it supposed to be that way?

anyone?

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2006, 10:15:23 PM »
That's basically Snoop's seminal video in my opinion, the beat is fucking BANANAS too.  I love in the video when it shows Dre playing keyboard, only time I've seen that in one of their videos. 

If you want the best ever "murder was the case" get the one live from the MTV video awards (must have been in 1995).  Anybody seen it?

There's a big church scene on stage, with the lights all dark, and a whole choir, and a casket in the middle of the stage with a spotlight shining in it.  There's a preacher and an organ playing church music, and the preacher's saying things like "HE WAS A GOOD BROTHER!!!"... all these people are walking by the casket, paying their respects and things...

all of a sudden the "Murder Was the Case" beat breaks in, you hear Snoop "Murder was the Case That They Gave Me!" and he does the whole first verse... when he gets to the "It's gonna take a miracle, they say... for me to walk again and talk again, but anyway"  Daz wheels him out on stage in a wheelchair, and he stands up out of it and finishes the song. 

Dre played the keys live from the back of the fucking stage, too.  Awesome performance, the best 'rap' performance I've ever seen on t.v. 

i rememer this from so long ago, i WISH i could SEE IT AGAIN for real...

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2006, 11:28:23 PM »
Yeah someone on here a month or so ago was talkin about they had that performance on their computer but I never got dude to get back to me about being able to get it from him :( I have it on a VHS tape when I recorded it live when it happened, but I'm not sure where the tape is, and if someone could hook it up on here that'd be nice to put it on one of my dvd's :)

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2006, 01:32:45 AM »
For my money better then thaa eastsidaz movie i got

definitely worth getting if your a collector of west coast memrobilia

And that was a dope performance but it was Big C style wheelin him out n not Daz

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2006, 01:44:48 AM »

i rememer this from so long ago, i WISH i could SEE IT AGAIN for real...

i taped it and still got it on vhs tape. and it was big c-style who wheels him out. and pedro soopafly is a bitch ass flippo.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 01:50:53 AM by o g s u e s o n e »