Author Topic: The Official Football Manager 2006 Hints/Tips/Help Thread  (Read 727 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
The Official Football Manager 2006 Hints/Tips/Help Thread
« on: December 04, 2005, 04:36:20 PM »
i'll start it off.....

HELP!!

no but seriously, i need serious help with this game.  I've been fine at "champ manager" in the past - usually you develop a good formation for the game and that is it.

but everything and i mean EVERYTHING i try in this game with a team such as Chelsea just gets me defeat after defeat.

anyone who can offer guidance shall be propped eternally....  :'(
NO MORE WAR

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: The Official Football Manager 2006 Hints/Tips/Help Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 04:47:46 PM »
im having the same problem as you buddy  >:(...im losing to low-class teams when Im Chelsea lol
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 04:57:06 PM »
ive actually not lost in 4 games now with chelsea

but ive become the most boring team on the planet.

1-0
1-0
2-0
0-0
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 05:03:36 PM »
My only advice is go Celtic and sign Paul Hartley. Double and Champions league semi finals.... 8)

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 05:08:47 PM »
My only advice is go Celtic and sign Paul Hartley. Double and Champions league semi finals.... 8)

no formation advice, tactics...etc?
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 01:15:38 AM »
Aaaah ov course, sorry man.

Boruc
Agathe                  Virgo(i got Bonera in on loan in january)                        Balde             Camara (signed Ian Harte in january)

Pearson                Hartley/Lennon                                                           Petrov            Nakamura

Hartson/Beattie           Magic/Maloney/Sutton(i sold sutton in january n got mcfadden in on loan)

Make Petrov run diagonally 1 arrow and the wingers forward 1 arrow and if u need a goal obviously increase the arrows. A good piece of advice is never play 3 up front it never works, better with Maloney behind strikers. Sometimes i also revert 2 the classic 4 1 2 1 2 formation which won me every trophy available 2 win in the Champ series wit the tic but dont really work 2 well in FM. I dont even remember if i set things like counter attacks, playmakers or nethin, best 2 just tweak around with them in preseason. Also i made the mistake of getting loan deals in in january but ur prolly better not doing it at all if u want 2 do nethin in europe as they cant play so in the champions league semis i had 2 play one striker and a very weak central defense bcoz of injuries/suspensions. I was duly humped 4-0 on aggregate fae Bayern Munich.

The Maestro

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 08:02:52 AM »
Formations seem to be more of a factor in FM06, playing your players in their favourite/natural postition is very important this time round whereas in the older games you could use say a AML as a ML but this time it doesn't work as well

The formations that I've most success with are as follows:

Individual tatics are important, I tend to give my AMC and 2 MC's free roles depending on their stats, and have the SC hold the ball up

GK                                          GK                        GK                            GK
RB CB CB LB                             RB CB CB LB           RB CB CB LB               RB CB CB LB
      DM                                          DM                   MC MC MC                   MC MC
      MC                                      MC    MC             AMR       AML             AMR AMC AML
AMR AMC AML                          AMR     AML                 SC                             SC
      SC                                          SC

Some good players are

Tobias Hysen
Pablo Vitti
Celsinho
Betinho
Pablo Barrientos
Michael Rensing
Zalayeta
Nik Besagno
Freddy Adu
Freddy Guarin
Roman Bednar
Fabio Grosso
Tomas Sivok
Leonardo Pischulli (SP)
Leo Messi

Check out the Argentina, Sweden, Mexico, and Columbia U20's (U21's)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 06:39:45 AM by TheDeli »

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 09:02:08 AM »
thanks for the help  :)
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 01:36:28 PM »
Formations seem to be more of a factor in FM06, playing your players in their favourite/natural postition is very important this time round whereas in the older games you could use say a AML as a ML but this time it doesn't work as well

The formations that I've most success with are as follows:

Individual tatics are important, I tend to give my AMC and 2 MC's free roles depending on their stats, and have the SC hold the ball up

GK                                          GK                        GK                            GK
RB CB CB LB                             RB CB CB LB           RB CB CB LB               RB CB CB LB
      DM                                          DM                   MC MC MC                   MC MC
   MC MC                                      MC MC             AMR       AML             AMR AMC AML
AMR AMC AML                          AMR     AML                 SC                             SC
      SC                                         SC  SC

Some good players are

Tobias Hysen
Pablo Vitti
Celsinho
Betinho
Pablo Barrientos
Michael Rensing
Zalayeta
Nik Besagno
Freddy Adu
Freddy Guarin
Roman Bednar
Fabio Grosso
Tomas Sivok
Leonardo Pischulli (SP)
Leo Messi

Check out the Argentina, Sweden, Mexico, and Columbia U20's (U21's)

the first 2 formations contain 12 players.....
NO MORE WAR

Paul

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 03:38:40 PM »
^^^lol

i ordered it to come at christmas, i havnt heard much good reviews onnit particularly cause of the level its too hard.

is it worth the money( i got it for £15) iv played champ man all my life and none hav compared to 01/02 or 03/04
funkyfreshintheflesh

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 04:12:57 PM »
it is hard man - but that shall make being good at it all the more sweet  :)
NO MORE WAR

Intriago33

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 04:15:59 PM »
^^^lol

i ordered it to come at christmas, i havnt heard much good reviews onnit particularly cause of the level its too hard.

is it worth the money( i got it for £15) iv played champ man all my life and none hav compared to 01/02 or 03/04

Yeah dogg, CM01/02 was the best in the series.

I'm still playing FM2005, but I saw earlier that Amazon are selling FM2006 for £17.

I can't really offer tips for the new game, nor for top sides, as I generally play with lower division sides in Italy.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 08:07:14 PM »
Im not just saying this as i am a supporter but i feel Celtic r probably the best team 2 go as expecations aint that high on a european level and just getting past the group stages is a bonus but winning the champions league within 5 seasons is extremely doable. Iv went Celtic since champ 99/00 (in my opinion the GOAT, im playing that shit even now) and havent failed 2 win the champions league within 5 seasons and reached the 100 million pound budget within the first three. In the new FM series im stickin with Celtic but Same applies 4 Lyon as my m8, went them and has dominated the french league and is coming much closer 2 champions league....My god im getting all in the mood 2 play old skool champ right now, it is no doubt the greatest game ever invented.

The Maestro

DopeDeala

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 11:07:43 PM »
Since Chelsea is a quality team, you can play attacking with it which improves the chances to score and gain a lead. When so, around the 70th minute stall as much as you can...go to team tactics and put 'wasting time' at maximum. They start to waste time and its prefends that the opponent will score a equalizer or even more between the 70th and full time. Happened to me alot.

DopeDeala

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 11:09:16 PM »
Oh yeah, im playin with Ajax at. Some players to look out for:

Fabio Santos(DL)
Edilson(DR)
Diego Tardelli(SC)
Gioda(DC)
Marcelo Grohe(GK)