Author Topic: To all the Miami Heat/Shaq lovers/Laker haters in the forum....  (Read 561 times)

acbaylove

To all the Miami Heat/Shaq lovers/Laker haters in the forum....
« on: December 10, 2005, 04:05:54 AM »
Los Angeles Lakers 10-9 record, .526 (in the strongest Conference and Division of the NBA)
Miami Heat 10-10 record, .500 (in the wackest Conference and Division of the NBA)

What a joke. See ya on xmas, ahahahahah.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: To all the Miami Heat/Shaq lovers/Laker haters in the forum....
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 05:07:58 AM »
Lakers would be well under .500 if Kobe was injured.. - and Shaq is injured.

Plus Lakers have the advantage that Kwame is injured. Let's see how they do when he's starting again. LMAO

Iverson kills Bryant at the moment.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 06:01:21 AM »
Lakers would be well under .500 if Kobe was injured.. - and Shaq is injured.
In other words, Wade ain't shit without Shaq and he doesn't make his teammates better.

Plus Lakers have the advantage that Kwame is injured. Let's see how they do when he's starting again. LMAO
Bynum is getting a good minutage while Brown is out. This might turn into a great opportunity for him and for us. Plus Cook is playing hot. I know, this injury is a bless from God, but we deserved it, after the previous season, lol.

Iverson kills Bryant at the moment.
You mean the same Iverson who's leading Philly to a 9-11 record?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 06:04:40 AM by Antonio »

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 07:05:46 AM »
Los Angeles Lakers 10-9 record, .526 (in the strongest Conference and Division of the NBA)
Miami Heat 10-10 record, .500 (in the wackest Conference and Division of the NBA)

the west isnt considered THAT strong this year. most analyst say the gap between the west and east has closed a lot. what they mean is, strength from top to bottom. most consider the Spurs and Mavs as the Elite in the west...and the only real contenders for the title. And if you think the Pacific Division is the strongest Division...lol, take a look at ours with us, Dallas, and Memphis. Not to mention Houston who's playing horrible now...but will get their shit together by the end of the year. They were somes pick to contend in the west this year.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 07:06:32 AM »

oh....btw. Not sure if youve been watchin...but Shaq hasnt been playing. He MIGHT make a difference  ::)

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 08:13:44 AM »

oh....btw. Not sure if youve been watchin...but Shaq hasnt been playing. He MIGHT make a difference  ::)

He does. Wade doesn't.

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 08:16:36 AM »

the west isnt considered THAT strong this year. most analyst say the gap between the west and east has closed a lot. what they mean is, strength from top to bottom. most consider the Spurs and Mavs as the Elite in the west...and the only real contenders for the title. And if you think the Pacific Division is the strongest Division...lol, take a look at ours with us, Dallas, and Memphis. Not to mention Houston who's playing horrible now...but will get their shit together by the end of the year. They were somes pick to contend in the west this year.

Man Miami's record is worse than the worse record in the Central Division...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 09:25:14 AM »
uh, hasn't Shaq been injured?  And how far did the lakers go last year? How far did the Heat go?

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 10:17:29 AM »
^ They both failed their season goal. I see no differences at all.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 11:19:11 AM »

Dog, are you serious?  You see no difference between the Heat and the Lakers last year?  The whole debate on whether Shaq or Kobe was more important to the Lakers is a joke.  Shaq took Orlando to the Finals, won championships in LA, and the Heat went to the conference finals last year.  Kobe couldn't even get the Lakers to the playoffs. The Lakers were Shaq's team, and the Lakers performance since he left is a direct correlation to his importance.  If you don't acknowledge that, you're hatin off top.

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 12:18:50 PM »

Dog, are you serious?  You see no difference between the Heat and the Lakers last year?

Not at all. Let me explain.

Miami already had a good team with a young sensational rookie. Eddie Jones was the silent killer, Brain Grant was playing with passion like usual, and Lamar Odom had the best season of his career. It was an enstablished team with a great chemistry. Who made the Play Offs, and who was just one game away from the Eastern Conference Finals. They totally destroyed that team to get Shaq. Plus they totally destroyed their salary cap. When you do it, you do it to win a title, not to win one game more than the previous season in the Play Offs. You know what i mean? If they'll win a ring or two, then shit, props to them. But if they'll not win a ring this year, then you can call it a wrong trade by Riley. Like the absence of Shaq is proving, they've built a wack team who can't even have a positive record without Shaq, playing in the wackest conference and division of the NBA. Shaq is not eternal. When he'll be not as dominant as he was (and the process started already 2 years ago), Miami will have a wack team to re-build. That's why i see no differences. That team was clearly built to win a ring. Shaq himself promised it to his new fans in Miami. So no excuses: they've failed.

Lakers, on the other side, they were in a rebuilding process. They didnt want to win a ring in a year, but to do it in 2007-2008. They got ridd of Shaq and his fat ass contract, to get Lamar Odom (a young project), Caron Butler and Brian Grant. The goal was to make the Play Offs and to not become the next Chicago Bulls of the post Jordan/Jackson era, with no Play Off games played for years. They failed it in the first year, but i'm sure this year they'll make it. And i'm sure they're building a pretty good team who can do great things in 2-3 years. Bynum is a great project, Smush Parker is another great project, Odom potentially is a superstar (it looks like finally he's playing pretty well), Brown is imo a wrong project but he's still a project (potentially good), Walton and Cook are two good role players, Turiaf was a great draft selection (he'll back next year), Phil is the best coach in the NBA, etc..

You gotta see it from a long prospective.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 02:16:50 PM »
Both teams failed...if we're talking School Grade wize...Miami got an F and the Lakers dropped out cuz they were too stupid
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 05:01:23 PM »
Exactly.

Y'all are acting like if Shaq turned the Hawks into contenders. C'mon, Miami arrived one win from the Eastern Conference Finals the year before Shaq. With Shaq i was expecting at least the NBA Finals.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 05:02:56 PM by Antonio »

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 05:53:41 PM »
am i the only one the doesn't give a fuck about either team?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 07:37:07 PM »

Lakers are 10-10 now.  But hey, Kobe went for 35 :monkey_dance2: