Author Topic: Is Ice T from Compton/LA or Jersey?  (Read 836 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Is Ice T from Compton/LA or Jersey?
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:11:10 AM »
I have heard most people say Ice T is from Compton (or LA), but at the same time, you rarely hear his name mentioned when it comes to West Coast rap, or even gangsta rap. I saw a display board for the East Coast's club at my school, and it was showin different celebrities and where they are from. On there, it said Ice T was from New Jersey. So with him, was he one of those who lived in both places like Kurupt?

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: Is Ice T from Compton/LA or Jersey?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 01:14:19 AM »
yeh he was:
Born Tracy Morrow in Newark, New Jersey in 1959, rapper / musician / actor / activist Ice-T was raised in the gang-infested, pimp-heavy streets of South Central, Los Angeles.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 01:17:26 AM »
Oh ok that makes sense...they shouldn't have been tryin to claim him, but it seems like the West never really embraced him 100%.

I know some people have said that he was immediately put on blast when his album came out, called "Original gangsta", and that people from his neighborhood or whatever were sayin he never put in any work for anybody, and that he was pretty much fakin it. Also, it's funny that he had beef with Omarosa from The Apprentice, and she called him out like "tell me how fake he is, he used to make songs called Cop killer, now he's playin one on TV!" and she was sayin how he sucks as a rapper.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 01:30:03 AM »
he used to make songs called Cop killer, now he's playin one on TV!" and she was sayin how he sucks as a rapper.
Guess she doesn't know what acting is. ::)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 01:36:06 AM »
Oh ok that makes sense...they shouldn't have been tryin to claim him, but it seems like the West never really embraced him 100%.

ye know what you mean.. ive never really been a fan of his music for some reason

Okka

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 02:31:39 AM »
"Colors" was a fuckin dope song, and Ice T got alot of dope songs on "The 7th Deadly Sin" album too...

ABN

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 02:51:57 AM »

I know some people have said that he was immediately put on blast when his album came out, called "Original gangsta", and that people from his neighborhood or whatever were sayin he never put in any work for anybody, and that he was pretty much fakin it. Also, it's funny that he had beef with Omarosa from The Apprentice, and she called him out like "tell me how fake he is, he used to make songs called Cop killer, now he's playin one on TV!" and she was sayin how he sucks as a rapper.
well i´ve seen this old documentary with T(this was a documentary about SC) just kicking it in his hood and he was straight and this was in the 80´s. they also showed him bailing out like half of is neighborhood so i dunno and everybody showed him love.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 05:44:04 AM »
Ice is that nigga.blood related,and has put in work........how can you say the west,and not mention ice........some of yall need to go back to ( 6in the mourning)....seen him live.homie gave a dope ass show.respect.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 06:30:41 AM »
Uh.. Ice-T was a hoover crip... he shouts out B+C's.. a whole bunch of sets in the song "Gotta lotta love" about the gang truce

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 07:48:49 AM »
Ice doesn't get mentiones as much as NWA or others, but he was the first on the west coast to really spit gangsta shit (before NWA).

Plus, he's got some classics under his belt -- 6 in the morning, Colors, New Jack Hustler, etc.

Eihtball

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 07:54:51 AM »
Uh.. Ice-T was a hoover crip... he shouts out B+C's.. a whole bunch of sets in the song "Gotta lotta love" about the gang truce

Actually, he wasn't.  When he was in high school, he had a girlfriend who was a Hoover Criplet, and that's where that rumor comes from.

T himself has never banged for any turf, no matter what anyone tells you.  He may have been a pimp and a small-time crook for several years, but that doesn't mean he ever repped any hood.  I remember a few years ago, when the message board from his old Coroner Records site was still online, somebody asked what set he claimed, and T himself posted and said that he has respect and affiliations with lots of cliques, both blue and red (which is what a lot of rappers will say if you confront them about their gang backgrounds).  Also, Yo, MTV Raps! used to show footage of him hanging with cats from various hoods that are rivals (Rollin' 60 and Eight-Tre, Grape Street and PJ Watts, etc.) during the filming of his videos.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 08:48:37 AM »
Anybody Who Doesn't Like Ice T, Please Listen To "High Rollers".
This Is A Classic West Coast Track.
My Future Wife:

Eihtball

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 09:33:16 AM »
Hey, Fonso, that song quoted in your profile is dope as fuck...well, not so much Lynch's lyrics as the "More Bounce" interpolation.

smp4life

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 09:43:13 AM »
Ice T is the truth. All his albums have a few bangers on them. He is old school, so a lot of people just think he fell off or whatever. He was in the army. Did a few smash & grab crimes. Did a small bid in jail, and went into rap after that hardcore. He's not fake at all in my opinion.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 11:16:54 AM »
Hey, Fonso, that song quoted in your profile is dope as fuck...well, not so much Lynch's lyrics as the "More Bounce" interpolation.

Yeah, It's One Of My Favorite Brotha Lynch Songs, Actually The First Brotha Lynch Song I Ever Heard. Back When I Was 8. Thanks.
My Future Wife: