Author Topic: Rock Fans.....  (Read 149 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Rock Fans.....
« on: December 24, 2005, 05:08:08 AM »
I got a couple of questions 4 yall.....

1)How do rock fans feel about Blink 182? Are they seen as a decent band and people shouldnt be embarassd 2 listen to them or are they they the Chingy of the rock world??....i got my lil brother their greatest hits 4 christmas n the guy who sold me it gave me a funny "why u lissenin 2 this shit?" look.....

2) Can yall reccomend me some good Placebo songs...The only three ive got are "SPecial K. Every me and every you and Nancy boy" and there all top notch, any others 2 that quality??...

Cheers

The Maestro

Elevz

Re: Rock Fans.....
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 06:16:39 AM »
1)How do rock fans feel about Blink 182? Are they seen as a decent band and people shouldnt be embarassd 2 listen to them or are they they the Chingy of the rock world??....i got my lil brother their greatest hits 4 christmas n the guy who sold me it gave me a funny "why u lissenin 2 this shit?" look.....

Not the Chingy of the punk game... More like Nelly. At least Chingy gets respect for siding with people like Quik ;)

However, that's just the general opinion of the punk rock fans. We all know public opinions mean shite. If you feel like listening to Blink 182, go ahead.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 06:43:33 AM »
blink 182 just have catchy songs, i wouldn't call them good

ABN

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 08:18:25 AM »
blink 182 just have catchy songs, i wouldn't call them good
yea, they the 50 Cent´s of their genre ;D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 08:29:22 AM »
i like blink, adams song is amazing, and they got a couple other nice 1s, they are very popish tho, but i dont mind.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 08:59:51 AM »
you can put blinks music in the same category as Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Sum 41 etc. which are idiots that claim to be a punk rock band but turn out to be 75% a pop band and the rest of the 25% a rock band but nowhere near a punk rock band which they think they are. Travis Barker is cool though.

I haven't heard of much from Placebo because im not that into the goth rock stuff.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 09:57:59 AM »
you can put blinks music in the same category as Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Sum 41 etc. which are idiots that claim to be a punk rock band but turn out to be 75% a pop band and the rest of the 25% a rock band but nowhere near a punk rock band which they think they are. Travis Barker is cool though.

I haven't heard of much from Placebo because im not that into the goth rock stuff.

The difference between Blink and Charlotte or Simple Plan is that Blink don't take temselves that seriously. They are a comedy band and that's fine. Guys like Charlotte claim to more serious and that's what hurts them. There's nothing wrong with Blink 182. They aren't among the best but they don't pretend to be (from what I've seen), unlike Kanye who is mediocre but his self praise makes him completely terrible.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 10:09:22 AM »
i like blink, adams song is amazing, and they got a couple other nice 1s, they are very popish tho, but i dont mind.

is that the one

"i traced the cord, back to the wall, no wonder it was never plugged in at all....i took my time, i hurried up....."

i think when i was in middle school i liked them.  i thought that they were mad funny, the one video they did i think all the small things makin fun of all boy bands and shit.  i am not big into rock or punk or whatever so it was ok for me to like them, but my friends that are into that shit make fun of blink all the time, they are supposed sellouts and like girl bands or some ish.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 10:15:47 AM »

is that the one

"i traced the cord, back to the wall, no wonder it was never plugged in at all....i took my time, i hurried up....."

i think when i was in middle school i liked them. i thought that they were mad funny, the one video they did i think all the small things makin fun of all boy bands and shit. i am not big into rock or punk or whatever so it was ok for me to like them, but my friends that are into that shit make fun of blink all the time, they are supposed sellouts and like girl bands or some ish.
yea, thats their serious song, but its amazing in my opinion.

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 01:58:31 PM »
yeah adams song is one of my favs....personally i think they are a hit or miss band...they make some songs that are really really good...and the rest suck...i dont think they are a bad band and i dont think they sold out...they've always been a little poppy. the coolest thing about them is they are funny as hell...listen to the live cd "the mark tom & Travis show"...that shit is hilarious

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »
They're From Dago!
My Future Wife:

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 10:42:12 PM »
They're From Dago!

barely, they are from Poway, you think cats in Poway even say 'Daygo'?  fuck poway.  blink is Ok they were a lot better in the beginning IMO but I dont like them as much now.  I'm more into Indie Dance-Punk or DanceXcore electronic

-KIDRENEGADE-

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2005, 02:23:27 AM »
I Thought They Were From East County (Ramona / Santee)
My Future Wife: