Author Topic: Will Lebron James keep this up?  (Read 825 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Will Lebron James keep this up?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 02:32:35 AM »
Richard Jefferson:
02-03 50.1 FG%
03-04 49.8 FG%

All I'm saying is that having a better field goal % does not make you better...You can be taking 75% lay-ups for all we know. If field goal % determined greatness, Mark Blount would be a greater center than Patrick Ewing...It's what you've accomplished and how you've gone about it that determines how great you are...
Yep Tony Parker has the best pt guard field goald this year (majority of his FG made in the paint due to his quickness) whereas he has one of the worst outside shoot for a PG (look at his 3pts % and free throw one)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 05:31:38 AM »
Lebrons 3ptFG percentage is 35.7%.  Like I said, no G/F has these type of numbers that Lebron is putting up.  No G/F scores this many pts and be taht efficient. 

acbaylove

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 06:52:54 AM »
Paul Pierce
PPG   26.6
RPG   8.0
APG   4.3
SPG   1.38
BPG   .42
FG%   .486
FT%   .808
3P%   .390

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 10:26:53 AM »
The thing is, points, scoring, percentage. All that doesn't mean anything...I've seen so many players average high numbers and high percentage, but they just don't know how to win. LeBron is not a winner as of yet...He's a good player and an excellent scorer, he just isn't top-notch in my book, at least until he does something more than score and miss the playoffs...

You mean just like Kobe? (prepares for karma to drop)

Actually, no, not just like Kobe...Kobe's accomplished what it takes, the exact OPPOSITE of what I was saying...moron.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 10:29:26 AM »
The thing is, points, scoring, percentage. All that doesn't mean anything...I've seen so many players average high numbers and high percentage, but they just don't know how to win. LeBron is not a winner as of yet...He's a good player and an excellent scorer, he just isn't top-notch in my book, at least until he does something more than score and miss the playoffs...

You mean just like Kobe? (prepares for karma to drop)
exactly what I was about to say :-\

"Bryant finished with 37 points on 12-of-30 shooting, including an 0-for-8 effort from 3-point range."

That's a typical Kobe night lol

*prepares for Karma to drop aswell and waits for a reply whihc will start with "LMAO.."*

Lebron is doing insane. However, he needs to up his assist and rebounds. I mean, he needs to be averaging 30, 7, 7. He's capable of..he averaged 27, 7, 7 last year.

0-8 is a typical Kobe night? If that's a typical Kobe night, you're a typical Kobe hater...LeBron has subsided from last season. I don't know where the comparisons to Jordan are coming from. When he reaches the playoffs, compare him to T-Mac. When he reaches the finals, compare him to Kobe. When he wins 6 titles, compare him to Jordan...You guys are a bunch of disgraceful basketball fans.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 10:30:50 AM »
Lebrons 3ptFG percentage is 35.7%.  Like I said, no G/F has these type of numbers that Lebron is putting up.  No G/F scores this many pts and be taht efficient. 

LMAO...That's comparable to Odom's 3-ball, which isn't saying too much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 10:31:44 AM »
Paul Pierce
PPG   26.6
RPG   8.0
APG   4.3
SPG   1.38
BPG   .42
FG%   .486
FT%   .808
3P%   .390

Like I said before...

Currently:
Paul Pierce>LeBron James

acbaylove

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005, 11:35:07 AM »
I love Pierce, man. He def got game.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2005, 02:26:34 PM »
What's so difficult to understand that...

1.  Lebron's third year
2.  He's under 21
3.  He's averaging MORE than 30PPG

You're comparing him to other already established players AND THEIR numbers still dont even match Lebron's.  Give it a rest.

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 02:32:07 PM »
Ok man, he has great stats. So? I'm missing the point. Props to him cause he's a good player.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 02:32:15 PM »
Excuse me Javy, I think your missing the point. Eddie House can averege those points if he was on a team like Cleveland where the offense ran through him. The point is, he hasn't won shit in his career. He needs some achievments under his belt before he can be mentioned up there with the big dogs...Get it yet?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 02:57:55 PM »
In your eyes who are the big dogs?  No guard had done shit without the help of the rest of the team actually being good. 

With the Spurs its been Duncan and a great supporting cast.  With Detroit its been the most balanced team since the late 80s.  Jordan wouldnt be shit without Pippen and Phil.  Shaq wouldnt be shit without Kobe.  No player has carried a whole team by himself.  The offense runs through Iverson, why isnt he so efficient like Lebron?  I'm not the one missing the point, you guys are.  If you guys seem from my first Post you will know what I was talking about.  Will he be able to keep up that excellent FG % while scoring a ton of pts too.  In fact, thanks for bringing up that the offense is on his shoulders....it makes his FG% that much more impressive.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2005, 03:09:57 PM »
Big dogs: Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant

Small dogs: Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, LeBron James, Vince Carter, Patrick Ewing, Shawn Kemp

Do you see the difference yet? LeBron James has YET to climb into the "big dogs" category...How you fail to see that amazes me... ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 03:20:27 PM »
Big dogs: Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant

Small dogs: Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, LeBron James, Vince Carter, Patrick Ewing, Shawn Kemp

Do you see the difference yet? LeBron James has YET to climb into the "big dogs" category...How you fail to see that amazes me... ::)

Jerry West had Wilt, Baylor, and Goodrich
Magic had Jabbar, Wilkes, and Nixon in 1980
Magic had Jabbar and Worthy in 85.88,89
Bird had McHale and Parish in 84, 86
Jordan had Pippen
Shaq had Kobe, Kobe had Shaq

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 03:24:29 PM »
Besides that not the point of my post anyway.