Author Topic: Will Lebron James keep this up?  (Read 829 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Will Lebron James keep this up?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2005, 03:30:17 PM »
FUCK ToNeNiK for not being able to congratulate greatness properly unless it's Tim Duncan Kobe Bryant.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2005, 03:52:24 PM »
Big dogs: Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant

Small dogs: Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, LeBron James, Vince Carter, Patrick Ewing, Shawn Kemp

Do you see the difference yet? LeBron James has YET to climb into the "big dogs" category...How you fail to see that amazes me... ::)

Jerry West had Wilt, Baylor, and Goodrich
Magic had Jabbar, Wilkes, and Nixon in 1980
Magic had Jabbar and Worthy in 85.88,89
Bird had McHale and Parish in 84, 86
Jordan had Pippen
Shaq had Kobe, Kobe had Shaq

OK? What's your point? Dominique Wilkins never had anyone, so that makes him a no one...When LeBron gets his "side-kick" (so to speak) and achieves great things, he'll then MAYBE have a chance of being considered with the big dogs...Get it yet?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »
FUCK ToNeNiK for not being able to congratulate greatness properly unless it's Tim Duncan Kobe Bryant.

Really? What about the other 6 players I listed under big dogs...LMAO.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2005, 03:55:12 PM »

You have no problem with accepting retired players or successful big men.. your problem starts when a player similiar to Kobe is reaching for the throne  8)

You, as huge Kobe-Fan, feel threatened by LeBron's amazing presence and deserved recognition.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2005, 04:01:10 PM »

You have no problem with accepting retired players or successful big men.. your problem starts when a player similiar to Kobe is reaching for the throne  8)

You, as huge Kobe-Fan, feel threatened by LeBron's amazing presence and deserved recognition.

Oh yes. That's why I think Paul Pierce is a great player and closer to Kobe than LeBron is. That's why I hoped for Kareem Rush to reach Kobe's level of play (even though it will never happen). That's why I acknowledged Dwyane Wade's Jordaneque (and I actually think he's currently more valuable than LeBron)...What are you getting at? I just don't think LeBron's up there yet, THAT'S IT.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2005, 04:06:49 PM »

You, as a huge Kobe-Fan, feel threatened by LeBron's amazing presence and deserved recognition.

Oh yes. That's why I think Paul Pierce is a great player and closer to Kobe than LeBron is. That's why I hoped for Kareem Rush to reach Kobe's level of play (even though it will never happen). That's why I acknowledged Dwyane Wade's Jordaneque (and I actually think he's currently more valuable than LeBron)...What are you getting at? I just don't think LeBron's up there yet, THAT'S IT.

8)
By boosting players like Pierce or Wade, you're aiming at putting LeBron down. Since he's the biggest threat when it comes to taking Kobe's spot, and you know it. Enough psychology for the day.
The Heat would be a lot more dangerous if they had LeBron instead of Wade. Pierce is having the season of his career solo-wise so far, but he's had enough seasons already to tell that he's not up there with Kobe and McGrady+Iverson. He's like Vince minus the injuries and dunks. No threat to Kobe. LeBron is.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 04:09:02 PM by 7™ »
No, it's not a sin

Đřšďĺ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »
kobe and bron are both good as hell. but id rather have bron.  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2005, 04:30:59 PM »

You, as a huge Kobe-Fan, feel threatened by LeBron's amazing presence and deserved recognition.

8)
By boosting players like Pierce or Wade, you're aiming at putting LeBron down. Since he's the biggest threat when it comes to taking Kobe's spot, and you know it. Enough psychology for the day.
The Heat would be a lot more dangerous if they had LeBron instead of Wade. Pierce is having the season of his career solo-wise so far, but he's had enough seasons already to tell that he's not up there with Kobe and McGrady+Iverson. He's like Vince minus the injuries and dunks. No threat to Kobe. LeBron is.

LOL...You're just looking too deeply into it. I simply don't think LeBron is as great as people make him out to be...Until he proves it to me by achieving something, I will continue thinking that way. Paul Pierce has played great basketball his whole career, I'd actually take him over McGrady or Vince...I just don't think anyone in the league is seeing Kobe.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2006, 07:36:30 PM »
32 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 5 steals, no overtime. LeBron James.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2006, 09:49:55 AM »
32 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 5 steals, no overtime. LeBron James.

What's your point? That's a regular tripple-double...Lamar Odom has a gang of those. Does that make him the "king"...LMAO.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2006, 06:34:56 AM »
**taken from a post in The Official LA Lakers Thread which was never directly replied to**

Kobe Career Stats - 22.6 PPG, 4.5 Assists, 5.1 Rebounds, 45% FG, 2.8 TO, 1.4 Steals

Pippen Career Stats - 16.1 PPG, 5.2 Assists, 6.4 Rebounds, 47.3% FG, 2.8 TO, 2.0 Steals

think about this one too, the year Jordan retired, Pippen took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals where they would lose in 7 games to the knicks in the 93-94 season

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

acbaylove

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2006, 08:02:24 AM »
**taken from a post in The Official LA Lakers Thread which was never directly replied to**

Kobe Career Stats - 22.6 PPG, 4.5 Assists, 5.1 Rebounds, 45% FG, 2.8 TO, 1.4 Steals

Pippen Career Stats - 16.1 PPG, 5.2 Assists, 6.4 Rebounds, 47.3% FG, 2.8 TO, 2.0 Steals

think about this one too, the year Jordan retired, Pippen took the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals where they would lose in 7 games to the knicks in the 93-94 season

So?

Man the triangle is very hard to understand, it needs time and experience. That team was fucking great playing triangle before Jordan left, and it continued (with Phil as a coach) to play excellent triangle basketball. Maybe the best i've ever seen. Look: the more a team knows/apply triangle, the more it can survive the departure of a superstar. That team did it very well.

Those Lakers doesn't know how to play triangle.

That's the very simple difference.

Last year Lakers changed a coach, the whole playbook.. You can't arrive to the Conference Finals in a situation like this. But i'm sure if they'll not change this roster so much and maybe they'll add a good center, next year, with more triangle experience, this team could arrive to the Conference Finals too. It's all about experience. A single player (expecially a SG or a SF) can't win the NBA title alone.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2006, 10:09:40 AM »

LMFAO. PLEASE don't tell me you're comparing Kobe to Pippen...LOLOLOLOL. Pippen had the same exact team + head coach. The only difference was that Jordan left...The Lakers were basically an expansion team last year...NO COMPARISON WHATSOEVER.

Kobe's career stats are also down, because it took him time before he developed into something...His first years in the league, he was young and not the Kobe we know today. He averaged like 7 points in his rookie season... LOL@your comparisons.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2006, 10:15:20 AM »
next year, with more triangle experience, this team could arrive to the Conference Finals too.

Next year? Shit NBA analyst Gregg Anthony's bold statement was that the Lakers would be in the WC finals THIS year...I'm hopin' for that one to be true...

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2006, 06:05:15 PM »
thank you 4 the reply boys..i didn't take that into consideration but i still believe Jordan >> Kobe > Pippen

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8