Author Topic: Inside Man by Spike Lee  (Read 476 times)

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
Re: Inside Man by Spike Lee
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 02:42:46 PM »
just got back from this movie
i must say
it was fucking awesome
so many twists and turns
great film, clive owen was dope
denzel dope as usual

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 02:49:49 PM »
^^^ nice. u mustve went to like the first showing or sumthin. was it busy? im going to see it in about 2 hrs or so. fuck yeah.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 05:51:27 PM »
^^^ nice. u mustve went to like the first showing or sumthin. was it busy? im going to see it in about 2 hrs or so. fuck yeah.

yeah i saw it at 1:45, and it was actually pretty packed, i never been to a friday daytime movie, the theater was prob half full at least.  not a bad showing at all.  fucking sick movie man, real good.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2006, 06:01:56 AM »
Well (using your inaccurate analagy), surely Malcolm X was "Denzel's Doggystyle"?
no Training Day was Denzel's Doggystyle IMO he was AMAZING in training day first time playing a bad guy made you hate him....and if i remember correctly he won a best actor award for that role right? and imagine winning that award with a movie about the subject that it is.... its kinda rare to see that shit.... you usually get those kinda awards in crazy dramas and stuff not no currupt action gang bangin shit...

Didn't Denzel win his best supporting actor playing a guy people hated (he did redeem himself but the performace was still more a villain than hero as far as acting went.

And to whoever said Scent of A woman was a guilt Oscar for Scarface; I disagree on both counts; 1. He was amazing in Scent and deserved it just as much as any body else, a 2. if it was a guilt Oscar it wasn't for Scarface, it was for his 3 straight nods in '73, '74, and '75 for Serpico, Godfather pt.2 , and Dog Day Afternoon respectively, and the 4th nod he got for ...And Justice for All. He wasn't even nominated for Scarface and given the competition that year I'm not sure if he should have been. Montana was a cool character and he did a nice Cuban gangster impression but the roles he had been nominated for were all better in my opinion. Nostalgia and coolness will aleays make people from our generation think of Scarface as better than it really was.

I do agree on Scarface as a movie in general, there are some incredibly tedious bits to it once you've watched it a couple of times, and overall as a movie its not up there was the definite gangster films. It says a lot about how good Pacino's portrayel of Tony Montana is, because it turns an average movie into something that has become a cult classic. I do also agree that he was excellent in all of the other films you mentioned, so the eventual oscar for Scent of a Women was more of a culumative prize for that and his previous works combined, rather than just for that film (in which he was good, but I don't think as good as he was in his other nominations that should have previously won). I do think that without Pacino's nomination that year, Denzel would have got the oscar for Malcolm X, and thus it was a case of his next great performance (Training Day), was always going to put him in very strong contention for an oscar.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2006, 07:36:36 AM »
This movie was great...it kind of dragged a long. But i believed this was a "normal" cop...not "Hey, thats Denzel"..no what i mean?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2006, 10:10:08 AM »
fuck. went to the movie house and it was basically sold out  :'( except for those seats like right at the front where you'll have to strain ur neck to look up to the screen so we walked out and ill have to see it today.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 10:14:45 AM »
fuck. went to the movie house and it was basically sold out  :'( except for those seats like right at the front where you'll have to strain ur neck to look up to the screen so we walked out and ill have to see it today.

damn that sucks,let us kno how it is africa

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »

damn that sucks,let us kno how it is africa

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »
just got back from watching it and i loved it. all the acting performances were solid. for me i thought clive owen stood out. and jodie foster was good as well.  denzel was obviously solid. no oscar performances here however. great storyline as well. yall should def check it out.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 07:51:08 PM »
just got back from watching it and i loved it. all the acting performances were solid. for me i thought clive owen stood out. and jodie foster was good as well.  denzel was obviously solid. no oscar performances here however. great storyline as well. yall should def check it out.

tight  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 01:43:11 AM »
Amazing movie. Every actor was superb. Denzel and Clive are on my top 10 actors lists lately. Spike Lee has been doin great too. I've enjoyed all of his recent movies (25th Hour, She Hate Me, Inside Man).
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2006, 09:36:52 PM »
I just watched it 2 days ago. Amazing movie, I put this up there with 25th hour. Some of the unexpected twists and turns keeps a viewer interested. Solid performances by Denzel, Jodie Foster and Clive Owen
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 08:04:42 PM »
Inside Man Was Sooooooooo Dope!
And BTW "Scarface" Is Extremely Overrated.
My Future Wife: