Author Topic: question for Quik fans...  (Read 500 times)

WestCoasta

question for Quik fans...
« on: January 02, 2006, 10:06:53 AM »
who is G-One and Black Tone?

and I know he plays the guitar on the tracks, but who is Rob Bacon

Don Seer

Re: question for Quik fans...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »
g-one is kinda like quiks right hand man through out it all.. i think he's not been involved so much as of late..

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 11:23:34 AM »
g-one helped Quik produce some of his songs but now quik doesnt work with him

black tone, if I remember was Suga Free's manager or someshit and he knows quik and quik discovered free through him...

Robert "Fonksta" Bacon is the guitar player for quik, he still woroks with him

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 11:35:31 AM »
Rob Bacon is dope, I love that guitar shit  ;D

anytime you hear that sound on a Quik track it's him everytime?

did he produce anything other than the "Pawdy" track on 220?

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 12:19:17 PM »

black tone, if I remember was Suga Free's manager or someshit and he knows quik and quik discovered free through him...

robert bacon also plays the bass, and as far as im concerned hes ISNT working with quik anymore! he's producing on his own i heard - i think quik himself said that he has been working with madonna!

The Sorrow aka Maurice

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 12:25:15 PM »

robert bacon also plays the bass, and as far as im concerned hes ISNT working with quik anymore! he's producing on his own i heard - i think quik himself said that he has been working with madonna!

Robert 'Funksta' Bacon still works with Dj Quik.. Robert Bacon did the Horns and Funkspasmic Guitargasms on the song ''Get Up'' and on the song ''Get Down'' he did Chorus Guitarial Gyrations on Trauma ..........

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:58:55 PM »
I heard he helps co ordinate the live instrumentation for destinys child stage show.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 02:05:20 PM »

Robert 'Funksta' Bacon still works with Dj Quik.. Robert Bacon did the Horns and Funkspasmic Guitargasms on the song ''Get Up'' and on the song ''Get Down'' he did Chorus Guitarial Gyrations on Trauma ..........

correct

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 06:37:49 PM »
im pretty sure Black Tone is Toney Lane (Lang?) of Laneway Records... anyways "Black Tone is the backbone" who told quik about suga free... its in his interview on visualism...

another person u left out is Stan Shepard... not really sure who he is

peace

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 09:53:32 PM »
im pretty sure Black Tone is Toney Lane (Lang?) of Laneway Records... anyways "Black Tone is the backbone" who told quik about suga free... its in his interview on visualism...

peace

Quik ain't cool with Black Tone any more. "Black Tone kicked me off of Spruce Block"

Quik doesn't work with G-One any more, he stated so in an interview. He still works with Robert Bacon, as he played guitar on Trauma.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

coola

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 10:06:42 PM »
g-one is a drummer too  :)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 10:54:53 PM »
G1 did a few songs on his own, such as that R. Kelly and Redman song "Home alone".

Somebody else said it on here, and I think I agree...Quik's style has been good, but not as dope since he stopped workin with G1. It was one of those combos like Mel Man n Dre, to where their styles sounded similar, and Mel Man/G1 usually wouldn't make classic music without Dre/Quik, but when they got together it was amazing. G1 was there during most of the "Rhythmalism" sound that we loved the most from Quik.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 10:56:11 PM »

peace

Quik ain't cool with Black Tone any more. "Black Tone kicked me off of Spruce Block"

Quik doesn't work with G-One any more, he stated so in an interview. He still works with Robert Bacon, as he played guitar on Trauma.

when did quik say that about being kicked out?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 11:28:27 AM by Fallujah Tech »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 07:24:30 AM »
G1 did a few songs on his own, such as that R. Kelly and Redman song "Home alone".

Somebody else said it on here, and I think I agree...Quik's style has been good, but not as dope since he stopped workin with G1. It was one of those combos like Mel Man n Dre, to where their styles sounded similar, and Mel Man/G1 usually wouldn't make classic music without Dre/Quik, but when they got together it was amazing. G1 was there during most of the "Rhythmalism" sound that we loved the most from Quik.

They make an excellent combo Quik and G-One but really quik doesnt need him to sound dope or better then if they were togetha. G-One only helped quik on 3 songs on Rhythm-al-ism(So Many Wayz, Whatever U Do, and Pussy Medley). Its different then Mel-Man/Dr. Dre cuz Mel-Man helped CO produce all or most of Dre's songs on 2001...Dre usally has always has a CO producer by his side like Mike E or Scott Storch, while quik doesnt.

My point is that you cant say Quik hasnt been as dope since he stoped working with G-One cuz it is true that when he helped quik with songs it sounded dope but he can sound as doper or doper without him.

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 10:31:28 AM »
^^^^ co-sign