Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON'S CHARITY SONG ALMOST DONE  (Read 724 times)

RECOGNIZE187

MICHAEL JACKSON'S CHARITY SONG ALMOST DONE
« on: January 13, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »
don't know why it's takin so long...but it will be out in the begining of february...!!

They might perform it on grammys!

J Bananas

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON'S CHARITY SONG ALMOST DONE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »
too late, hurricane katrina is sooo fall 2005, we're over those bracelets too

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »
those people still need money...
and it's not only about katrina...it's a charity song...I HAVE THIS DREAM is the name !

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »
Man... He's so goddamn late with this, I was in doubt whether this was for the victims of Katrina or the tsunami at Christmas 2004.

Yeah, MJ shows us he's still a hard worker! ::)

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 11:47:51 AM »
LMAO. It's not even gonna make money for the victims because this si old news and it doesn't move the public anymore. There's no point in releasing it except for entertainment value.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 11:54:42 AM »
yea.it's late...don't know what went wrong...but now he added keisha cole to the list!

i think it's gonna be one of the best songs he ever did!!!

it's good to hear some new MJ vocals...can't wait

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »
It will be a very good song, but the problem is he just took way too long.  This should have been out last october. 

Michael, according to reports, does actually seem to be straightening his life out.  He's living in the middle east with that royal family, and they know how to make money and handle money.  Michael has never had any knowledge of money his entire life, because he always had all he needed, until now.  So he's got new management, new advisors, new friends, etc. and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, he'll be able to get his life turned around.  there's some huge business deals about to go down with him, but most of them will probably be concentrated outside of the u.s. and not focused on his music.  This charity single will be released on a foriegn label, for instance. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »
Michael has never had any knowledge of money his entire life, because he always had all he needed, until now. 

For a guy that knew nothing about money he sure did a heck of a job secretly outbidding McCartney for the Beatles' songs.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 06:27:07 PM »
michael was always smart when it came to business! that's why sony was so mad at him ...
Mike is really smart!

anyway people in the USA havent exactly forgot about katrina, but its not on the news anymore and there arent much updates on the welfare of the people stuck down there.  hopefully the single will reawaken publics interest in helping!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 07:09:07 PM »
michael was always smart when it came to business! that's why sony was so mad at him ...
Mike is really smart!

anyway people in the USA havent exactly forgot about katrina, but its not on the news anymore and there arent much updates on the welfare of the people stuck down there.  hopefully the single will reawaken publics interest in helping!

If, and I mean IF, it comes out in time for a Grammy performance then it won't be too late, but the song was slated for October, then Novemeber, then December, the forgotten, and now February. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if it's announced for March in a couple weeks. If it doesn't make it for the Grammys then he may as well wait for the one year anniversary. Either way it won't mean all that much but at least he'll have a reason to release it. He should just save it for the next disaster.

And I think Sony was more mad about the promotion of his post Thriller albums costing so much.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:02:06 PM »
Paul McCartney told Michael Jackson to buy up artist's catalogs so he could make money off the publishing, because at the time, that's what Paul was doing.  Michael thought "o.k." then noticed that the Beatles catalog was actually on the market, he loved the Beatles, so he bid on it, and Paul decided not to match or top the bid.

All this animosity bullshit about Michael stealing something from Paul is nothing short of ignorance.  At the time, Paul didn't want to pay what the catalog was worth, and he still doesn't want to pay what the catalog was worth.  Paul McCartney owns the publishing rights of thousands and thousands of songs, and in fact has the largest private collection of OTHER ARTIST'S publishing rights in the known universe.  Paul has absolutely nothing to bitch about, because what Michael is doing to him, Paul is doing to hundreds of other musicians. 

As for Michael's business sense, he has made some good business deals in the past, but the man is horrible with money.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that he doesn't know what he's doing.  If you have a career that has earned you likely 1 billion dollars over the past 25 years, and you have nothing left?  You obviously don't know what the fuck you're doing. 

davida.b.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »
So, exactly how many artists are gonna be on the final version?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 11:23:20 PM »
Paul McCartney told Michael Jackson to buy up artist's catalogs so he could make money off the publishing, because at the time, that's what Paul was doing.  Michael thought "o.k." then noticed that the Beatles catalog was actually on the market, he loved the Beatles, so he bid on it, and Paul decided not to match or top the bid.

All this animosity bullshit about Michael stealing something from Paul is nothing short of ignorance.  At the time, Paul didn't want to pay what the catalog was worth, and he still doesn't want to pay what the catalog was worth.  Paul McCartney owns the publishing rights of thousands and thousands of songs, and in fact has the largest private collection of OTHER ARTIST'S publishing rights in the known universe.  Paul has absolutely nothing to bitch about, because what Michael is doing to him, Paul is doing to hundreds of other musicians. 

As for Michael's business sense, he has made some good business deals in the past, but the man is horrible with money.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that he doesn't know what he's doing.  If you have a career that has earned you likely 1 billion dollars over the past 25 years, and you have nothing left?  You obviously don't know what the fuck you're doing. 

We've had this exact debate before and I asked you to tell me how many personal friends did Paul secretly outbid and then makes them pay him to use their own songs? You dodged the question then like you probably will now. You have very little sense of right and wrong when it comes to people you personally admire, and it shows in all the other topics on this board. Brian Wilson could kidnap and rape children and you'd find away to put all the blame on the parents.

Of course this has nothing to do with the original claim that Jackson has no business sense. Jackson is more business than art. That's why he released the same album twice in Thriller then Bad.

"The album is called Bad because they couldn't fit 'Pathetic' on the cover". - Prince 1987.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 12:36:11 AM »
It's business. Fuck friends.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 05:36:21 AM »
If you have a career that has earned you likely 1 billion dollars over the past 25 years, and you have nothing left?  You obviously don't know what the fuck you're doing. 

LOL...u r readin too much tabloids!! do u really think he has nothing left??