Author Topic: who's heard of pendulum ?  (Read 99 times)

coola

who's heard of pendulum ?
« on: February 01, 2006, 10:53:31 AM »
their an australian act makin some hot drum and bass..

got fucked up to this shit on new years... they played a surprise set at the night club i was at...

songs to check "fasten your seatbelt" and "slam" ... easy to find on the net... dont have to be big on drum and bass to like those two songs...

are they big world-wide ?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: who's heard of pendulum ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:55:54 AM »
"slam" is banging, radio1 been bumping that for a while now, think Zane Lowe premiered it on UK radio...not a fan of D&B but its a dope track

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
slam was huge in the summer...

i've saw them live in me local club sometime last year.. :)

so .. i guess they're worldwide :)

have u heard of "the upbeats" they're from new zealand? i saw them last year too

btw.. one of my best mates is a drum n bass / nu skool breakz dj.. i used to be into it too..

coola

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 11:03:36 AM »
havent heard of the upbeats... i'll be checkin for them though... i bet my friend has a whole bunch of sets they done...

pendulum put's on a DOPE show... andy c came recently and he had nothin on dudes... theyre from my home city too  8)

next time their in town i'm there loopy as fuck  ;D

i'm not huge on d&b but if it's goodshit i'll give it a go... a few of my good friends are hard-core d&b'ers, so when something huge is on i usually tag along...

coola

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 11:04:39 AM »
whats new school breaks ?

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
yeah i've seen andy c a few times.. and ed rush and optical.. and a few more bad company artists..

on  new years eve i saw "superstar deluxe" which was pretty cool.. the (female!) front person is mc chickaboo  

i've seen and met a lot of big name nu skool guys.. i dont think nu skool breakz has spread from here like DnB did yet..

way i look at it nu skool is like slightly slowed down DnB.. lots of DnB artists and producers have crossed over and DnBs 12"s often have nu skool remixes on the b-side. right now nu skool has a wide base of appeal.. i prefer it dark n grimey (just how my homie that mixes it.. we got similar-ish tastses in dnb and breakz.. but not hiphop! ;)) but people play it light with more housey (eww) or latin breaks (kinda like that brazillian dude DJ Marky dude does with DnB).. the thing i like most with nu skool. is really fat funky basslines

its a bit old but a nu skool tune i really liked a couple years back is  Nu Breed - Midi Killa

this is part of what wiki says about nu skool breakz..

"Nu skool breaks is a form of breakbeat music genre, combining the futuristic sense of drum and bass, the sounds of techno, the bass of dub and the beats from real drummers and drum machines. The genre also prominently features electro and hip-hop influences and tracks typically run at 130 to 140 bpm."

full page here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_skool_breaks
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 11:16:39 AM by Overseer »

coola

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 11:20:57 AM »
yeah i've seen andy c a few times.. and ed rush and optical.. and a few more bad company artists..

on  new years eve i saw "superstar deluxe" which was pretty cool.. the (female!) front person is mc chickaboo  

i've seen and met a lot of big name nu skool guys.. i dont think nu skool breakz has spread from here like DnB did yet..

way i look at it nu skool is like slightly slowed down DnB.. lots of DnB artists and producers have crossed over and DnBs 12"s often have nu skool remixes on the b-side. right now nu skool has a wide base of appeal.. i prefer it dark n grimey (just how my homie that mixes it.. we got similar-ish tastses in dnb and breakz.. but not hiphop! ;)) but people play it light with more housey (eww) or latin breaks (kinda like that brazillian dude DJ Marky dude does with DnB).. the thing i like most with nu skool. is really fat funky basslines

its a bit old but a nu skool tune i really liked a couple years back is  Nu Breed - Midi Killa

this is part of what wiki says about nu skool breakz..

"Nu skool breaks is a form of breakbeat music genre, combining the futuristic sense of drum and bass, the sounds of techno, the bass of dub and the beats from real drummers and drum machines. The genre also prominently features electro and hip-hop influences and tracks typically run at 130 to 140 bpm."

full page here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_skool_breaks

yeah i know what you talkin about... i think that new ministry of sounds cd has a few of those style tracks you talkin about... thats some cool shit, i like it...

and andy c recently sucked ! it was a huge disappointment, he played a good set, but nothing close to his usual standard... pendulum showed him up big time...

and yeah, the beats goto be dark and grimey  8)