Author Topic: E-40 and Keak-Tell me whenna go, will it go mainstream??  (Read 1105 times)

ethug

• Lil Geezy
Re: E-40 and Keak-Tell me whenna go, will it go mainstream??
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 09:01:22 PM »
It will go mainstream.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 09:22:54 PM »
It was on 106 & park today as the new joint..it isnt anywhere near their best tracks, but it kinda gathers that entire bay concept with 2 of the biggest names from the bay to a lil jon beat, if the bay is gonna blow it will be from e-40s album
I got a bird's eye view

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 11:17:25 PM »
i dont think the masses will accept it. no way in hell will all the mtv pop-ass people go from 50 cent, juelz santana, kanye, and young jeezy to e-40. unfortunate, but true.

Even if you don't like some of those artists you just named, you can't really knock them. There are many legitimate arguments that somebody could put up to why Kanye is better than E-40.

Kanye, maybe so. Im not feelin his shit too much cus i think he's overrated as an MC. His production is just different enough to be successful. But the others named....wack. Thing is, Hip Hop is basically...."pussified" now. If thas a word. Kanye is successful because females like his shit also. Your skill as an MC has NOTHING to do with record sales these days. Its all about the beat and the hook. Shit....u can have a tight beat and a catchy hook, and you wouldnt even have to speak for the rest of the song for the shit to go platinum.

marochick510

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2006, 09:42:21 AM »
man i aint bout 2 shit hea in go back and fourth wit cha dumb ass, all mah bay representas kno wassup lol :)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2006, 10:39:33 AM »
I'm feeln it, hopefully it'll be a big hit for 40

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2006, 11:44:40 AM »
Your skill as an MC has NOTHING to do with record sales these days. Its all about the beat and the hook. Shit....u can have a tight beat and a catchy hook, and you wouldnt even have to speak for the rest of the song for the shit to go platinum.

sad but true. i cant count how many times ive had to sit through a gay song in the car just cuz someone liked the hook ("candy shop", "grind with me", "so icy")
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »
Your skill as an MC has NOTHING to do with record sales these days. Its all about the beat and the hook. Shit....u can have a tight beat and a catchy hook, and you wouldnt even have to speak for the rest of the song for the shit to go platinum.

sad but true. i cant count how many times ive had to sit through a gay song in the car just cuz someone liked the hook ("candy shop", "grind with me", "so icy")

real shit. i understand its about entertainin the crowd n all, and its a business. i dont think Rappers influence the audience, i think the audience influences the rappers nahmean? Since the rap audieince has changed so much over the years, the rappers gotta change their style to appeal to the fans now. Problem is, the fans used to be from the same places these rappers try to claim. Now, the fans are from the suburbs. So the rappers gotta be soft and make cute music in order to sell records.

3rdEyeVision

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2006, 02:16:04 PM »
YADADAMEANYADADAIMSAYINTHO!!!!

this is why I hate the bay area

shut the fuck up faggot no one asked you to reply here. get your bitch ass outta here

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 02:59:49 PM »
lol how you gone hate the Bay cuz YOU slow!?lol u iz a special one homie..but its coo one day you'll be up 2 speed lmao..y yall hate his voice cuz its sumthing different?? lmao

no cuz yall niggas is weird

LOL!!! shit is comedy. i been sayin that for years about the Bay. But i actually like them fools, they original n all. im feelin the Bay, but i have always told people...."they wierd". Almost like a whole nutha state compared to Southern Kali. The whole vibe of the Bay Area is on some other shit compared to us.

J Bananas

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »
the vibrations are different here, not like that of planet earth...and i still be bumpin tell me when to go on repeat around town

Drizzeroni

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 01:24:36 PM »
Fuck What ANybody Say Fonzarelli Deserve's This Shit And He Takin The WHOLE DAMN YAY WIT HIM! DONE!
As For Tell ME When To Go - It WIll Make Mainstream But Its ABout Time The Yay Get They Recognition I THINK THAT TRACK AND VIDEO IS DUMMY WIT IT. SO Fuck What You Heard To ANyone WHo Dont Like It....You Just Need To DO Ya Damn Homework ANd Pick Up On This Lingo, Cause half Of Yall SPeakin It Thinkin Its All Fly And Then When The Yay COme AT You WIt It, Yall Just Stuck Like CHuck Cuzzin, THE YAY INVENTED THIS SHIT...NOW DIG IT....1000

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »
i dont think the masses will accept it. no way in hell will all the mtv pop-ass people go from 50 cent, juelz santana, kanye, and young jeezy to e-40. unfortunate, but true.

Even if you don't like some of those artists you just named, you can't really knock them. There are many legitimate arguments that somebody could put up to why Kanye is better than E-40.

lol. i'd like to see that.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »
lol how you gone hate the Bay cuz YOU slow!?lol u iz a special one homie..but its coo one day you'll be up 2 speed lmao..y yall hate his voice cuz its sumthing different?? lmao

no cuz yall niggas is weird

LOL!!! shit is comedy. i been sayin that for years about the Bay. But i actually like them fools, they original n all. im feelin the Bay, but i have always told people...."they wierd". Almost like a whole nutha state compared to Southern Kali. The whole vibe of the Bay Area is on some other shit compared to us.

i said i hate the bay to piss homie off. theres a few cats from the bay i like. but all that thizzin, yadada, oh boy shiet them niggas be doin is just weird to me.

@ r-tistic: ja rules voice is deep. keak da sneak sounds NASTY!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 03:37:03 PM »
^^^Isn't that Yuk in your sig? King of the yadadimeans and oh boys?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »
^^^Isn't that Yuk in your sig? King of the yadadimeans and oh boys?

he says that shiet at the beginning/end of songs. its not like he's all over the track going yadadamean? messy marv, keak da sneak, mac dre, etc etc etc are weird!