Author Topic: wtf is snoop doing?  (Read 1159 times)

EssCee

• 'G'
Re: wtf is snoop doing?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 08:22:52 AM »
Snoops gone bananas i mean i understand him doing all this music with popstars rockstars, etc etc but he needs to be getting people under his belt and get them to make music i.e. Dre he has - Eminem, 50 cent, Game im sure Dre is getting profit somewhere but he's keeping his name gangsta eminem as popstar (near enough) and getting others to do things where the market is - overall hes kept his name in the clear after previous experiences - its seems snoops going along a flaky path.

When i saw this i thought naaaaaaaaa - just my opinion though

search "snoop" if you dont wanna wait

http://www.ishqrecords.com/bohemialatest.htm

kingwell

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »
The most popular excuse seems to be his beat selection.  But I stand by what I said before.

How many of y'all respect Snoop for keeping it real??  Let's take 'Can I get a flick withcu'   The lyrical content certainly isn't gangsta...   BUT, he can't rap about shit he doesn't do anymore, that would be hard...  When you make a song, you gotta talk about what's going on in your life RIGHT NOW, what you are feeling RIGHT NOW....

I disagree.  Snoop's an entertainer.  It's pretty obvious by now he's not banging with the 20s' in Long Beach, walking around with a blue ragg up in his left pocket, and doing drive-bys on muthafuckas these days.  Gangsta rap is gangsta rap...it's all fiction, by and large.

And I definitely can't see how beat selection makes a rapper "non-gangsta" by itself.  The earliest of the West Coast gangstas were rapping over production that was largely influenced by the Bomb Squad and Boom Bap from the East Coast, before Dre came in and defined the West Coast sound with G-Funk in the early-90s'.  Under that logic, those cats must not have been gangsta.

As far as lyrical content, I don't think it gets any more gangsta than Crippin' on a song that's a huge hit single, like Snoop does on "Drop It Like It's Hot".  Elsewhere, "R&G" had plenty of the sort of gangsta/pimp talk we've come to expect from Snoop since the "Doggystyle" days.

Exactly bro, there is a mix of all kinds of styles on his albums.  I don't know why people are complaining, just because it's not that G-Frunk Dre sound and that the albums aren't full of back-2-back gangsta cuts..  People need to learn to enjoy all aspects of music.  Don't stick to one style.

kingwell

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »
FACT: Making the same music your whole life gets BORING....

FACT: Trying different styles of music is often a refreshing experience

*Props*

yeah..but Fact: Trying different styles of music...and doing it right  makes a huge difference.

So you are saying Drop It Like Its Hot, and the entire album therefore, wasn't successful??  Record sales speak louder than one man's opinion...

Being successful means you must be doing something _right_

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 06:36:41 PM »
I look at it like at least Snoop tries to stay fresh. He realizes that today's music industry is different, that's not 1993 anymore. He's gotta do records that please all listeners, but then again...you can't make everyone happy. When I first heard "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "Let's Get Blown", I didn't care for them too much. But after a while, those tracks grew on me and I dig them. It's all about accepting the fact that Snoop's gotta do what he can to stay relevant in the game and make some money. No one's in the record business to go broke, so if he's gotta do specific records to stay on top of things, then as a longtime fan, I support dude. As long as it's quality music and Snoop's having fun with it, it's all good.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

kingwell

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »
I look at it like at least Snoop tries to stay fresh. He realizes that today's music industry is different, that's not 1993 anymore. He's gotta do records that please all listeners, but then again...you can't make everyone happy. When I first heard "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "Let's Get Blown", I didn't care for them too much. But after a while, those tracks grew on me and I dig them. It's all about accepting the fact that Snoop's gotta do what he can to stay relevant in the game and make some money. No one's in the record business to go broke, so if he's gotta do specific records to stay on top of things, then as a longtime fan, I support dude. As long as it's quality music and Snoop's having fun with it, it's all good.

Word!

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 08:41:41 PM »
i beat Snoop will do a regeaton track soon.

kingwell

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 11:24:06 PM »

Haha, that would be interesting!

ABN

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2006, 07:47:52 AM »
props to Snoop for gettin his money and all but i won´t be buying his shit until he starts putting out good albums again. i don´t give a flyin fuck if he does an album packed with pop singers/The Neptunes and other corny motherfuckers as long as it´s dope and R&G was far from dope. Snoop has changed with times but that doesn´t mean that the changes he´s made has been good. what Snoop needs is a real producer to guide him thru an album again and he´s said that the only person that can really produce him is Dre but i doubt we´ll see that in the near future so it doesn´t look like i´ll be buying any of Snoop´s shit in a while. but i aint mad at him for gettin his money all though he could easily live an extreme comfortable live with the money he got.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 08:33:52 AM »

Check Daddy Yaankee's New single  ;)