Author Topic: Crash won Best Picture  (Read 1752 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Crash won Best Picture
« on: March 05, 2006, 08:25:09 PM »
YEAH!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Crash won Best Picture
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »
I'm surprised I haven't seen it yet. Everyone's telling be it's such a great movie. There's your ultimate proof.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:56:29 PM »
I'm really happy this won. It was by far the best movie I saw in 05.

and LMAO @ Three 6 winning. That joke Jon Stewart said was hilarious.

"Scorsese - 0. Three 6 Mafia - 1."
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

CrookedDynasty

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »
Fuck Yea !!!

Crash deserved that Oscar.

LOL.. on the Jon Stewart Scorcese/36 Mafia joke... That was hilarious.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:44:09 PM »
crash is fuckin sick. its the only movie nominated for best picture that i saw so i cant really judge but it sure was oscar material. jon stewart was pretty funny at times but i wanted more bush jokes. 3-6 was tight wit their acceptance speech and it was tight that tsotsi won best foreign lanugage film for SOuth Africa. gonna watch that show next week when it comes out on my b-day march 10.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 10:05:45 PM »
i havnt seen any of the movies that were up for Best Picture..i think after this weekend im gonna rent em all from the library for free  :)

o yea and Jon Stewart was great as host, did any1 else notice Stephen Colbert did the voice over for the Hollywood Lobbying skit? i hope Stephen talks about it durin the Repor... its good 2 see Jon hooked it up. Cant wait to watch the next Daily Show & Colbert Report, def gonna be hilarious.

fav Stewart joke: Bjork was gonna be here tonite but she got shot when she was trying on her outfit by Dick Cheney.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 10:09:29 PM by h cottie »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 11:18:38 PM »
it deserved it

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 11:59:49 PM »
^ ya it really did.. that was my favorite movie i seen this last year.. the weird thing was i didnt hear about it until it came out on DVD and every1 i talked 2 about it no one really knew what movie it was

K A I N

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 12:47:27 AM »
It was a movie of white people screwing over minorities...great movie.

I really wanted to see white trash meth molesters, they were not represented... :sun:

btw fuck 3-6 Mafia they're garbage.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 12:50:34 AM »

btw fuck 3-6 Mafia they're garbage.
Says a Dipset fan :loser:

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 06:42:25 AM »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 07:47:42 AM »
I don't know if all the praise was too much for me, the fact that I came from a very multicultural high school often being the only white guy in my class and discussing every topic that movie was portraying to death for years now, or because I just didn't think it was all that great. I think this movie won more for political reasons rather than quality. The same could be said most of the nominees in that category, but in this case I truly feel Crash was the worst movie out of the five nominated.

All I saw was cliché driven over-coincidences with sappy slightly over the top emotion grabbers in between, done by a white apologist and voted for by more white apologists who want to pretend that a still very racist Hollywood cares about the issues of racist America. It felt like I was watching a set of speeches that all begin with the line "Don't be racist because....". They could have accomplished this in a documentary with realistic facts. I'm willing to over look the odds of Matt Dillon running into the woman he more or less molested the night before, but I don't see why he would try so hard to save her. I don't think the movie properly focused on his redemption leading up to his choices. I don't see why Terrence Howard would just be let go by the police after the way he was acting just because Ryan Phillippe feels bad about what his partner did. I don't see why Larenz Tate would get so upset when asked why he was laughing and basically egg on the guy that picked him up just because they wanted to show that Ryan Phillippe can be racist too. And I personally would have wanted to see Luda sell the Chinese slaves and make cash so that he became everything he claims to stand against, but I'm not complaining about that. The Academy just wanted to pretend they are concerned and probably still feel a little guilty and voted for this movie because of that. Of course they also voted for the biggest black stereotype out there and had the only black people that won an award turn out to be uneducated yokels, or modern day "coons". So I guess it evens out for you Hollywood. I bet they didn't even ask 36 Mafia to dress up or to present themselves properly because they wanted them to act like that. You think when 3-6 go to church they dress and talk like that? I don't. Concerned about racism? I don't think so Hollywood.

(You can press the diss button in the corner of my post if you like, but this is truly how I feel and I'm just expressing my opinion).

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
NO MORE WAR

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 12:15:27 PM »
I don't know if all the praise was too much for me, the fact that I came from a very multicultural high school often being the only white guy in my class and discussing every topic that movie was portraying to death for years now, or because I just didn't think it was all that great. I think this movie won more for political reasons rather than quality. The same could be said most of the nominees in that category, but in this case I truly feel Crash was the worst movie out of the five nominated.

All I saw was cliché driven over-coincidences with sappy slightly over the top emotion grabbers in between, done by a white apologist and voted for by more white apologists who want to pretend that a still very racist Hollywood cares about the issues of racist America. It felt like I was watching a set of speeches that all begin with the line "Don't be racist because....". They could have accomplished this in a documentary with realistic facts. I'm willing to over look the odds of Matt Dillon running into the woman he more or less molested the night before, but I don't see why he would try so hard to save her. I don't think the movie properly focused on his redemption leading up to his choices. I don't see why Terrence Howard would just be let go by the police after the way he was acting just because Ryan Phillippe feels bad about what his partner did. I don't see why Larenz Tate would get so upset when asked why he was laughing and basically egg on the guy that picked him up just because they wanted to show that Ryan Phillippe can be racist too. And I personally would have wanted to see Luda sell the Chinese slaves and make cash so that he became everything he claims to stand against, but I'm not complaining about that. The Academy just wanted to pretend they are concerned and probably still feel a little guilty and voted for this movie because of that. Of course they also voted for the biggest black stereotype out there and had the only black people that won an award turn out to be uneducated yokels, or modern day "coons". So I guess it evens out for you Hollywood. I bet they didn't even ask 36 Mafia to dress up or to present themselves properly because they wanted them to act like that. You think when 3-6 go to church they dress and talk like that? I don't. Concerned about racism? I don't think so Hollywood.

(You can press the diss button in the corner of my post if you like, but this is truly how I feel and I'm just expressing my opinion).

The film never tells the viewer why racism is wrong.  It just shows how racism shapes people's lives, of course some parts were not entire believeable and exxaragerated but if it wasnt it would have been impossible to show that point and too damn long. 

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 12:31:47 PM »