Author Topic: Crash won Best Picture  (Read 1750 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Crash won Best Picture
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2006, 02:01:29 PM »
i didnt see the other movies nominated (other than munich) so i cant say, but i loved crash.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2006, 02:03:27 PM »
and another thing that pisses me off is when people say something is cliche, everything is cliche, even the most original ideas, form around the most 'cliche' ideas.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2006, 09:28:30 PM »
and another thing that pisses me off is when people say something is cliche, everything is cliche, even the most original ideas, form around the most 'cliche' ideas.

There are several meanings to the world cliche. I didn't meean it so much in the sense that the situations had been done before. I meant that the situations in my opinion were trite and predictable. While that could be said for many movies, I particularly didn't like the way they were done in Crash. Like I said before I felt that Haggis wanted to express ideals without creating proper means to the ends he wanted us to see. I saw no reason why Matt Dillon would risk his own life to save the woman he humiliated the night before. I didn't see Matt even want to repent for his actions or even understand why a cop so passionate about saving peoples lives would harras a couple the way he did. Now if that couple were walking in an alley and he confused her for a prostitute I could find it a tad more believable. I can get why Ryan Phillipe would jump for his gun but I don't get why Larenz Tate's character who was built as the reasonable one would get so defensive and upset and approach the man who is doing him a favour with such hostility. That's just a couple of many things that rubbed me the wrong way about that movie. It doesn't come off as realistic to me, and for a movie that is praised for its reality I can't overlook that. That's how I feel on the movie, and like I told Sik and Javy, it is perfectly okay for you to feel different. It doesn't mean I think you don't get it. It just means we felt two different things while watching hte same movie.

ILackSense

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2006, 05:40:18 AM »
I can understand how a lot of people criticize it, saying it's "racism for dummies," but i really think it's the film of the year