Author Topic: Why is Bay Area so in love with Dirty South?  (Read 1024 times)

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
Why is Bay Area so in love with Dirty South?
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:53:07 AM »
everything coming outta there sounds dirty south these days. that shit is beyond pathetic. E-A Ski has become a lil jon copycat. E-40s new wack album is a dirty south album.

Bay Area had there own westcoast sound in the 90s.  Now the Bay Area has to suck lil jons dick. wtf is this?

Too Short new album = all Lil Jon, Dirty South

E-40's new album = Dirty South

E A SKi new production = Lil Jon ripoff

Hyphy = Crunk

Why is the Bay Area so infatuated with Dirty South?  that shit is pathetic. This is the CALIFORNIA not Atlanta. Bay Area needs to stop fucking dick riding the Dirty South and come up with there own fucking sound. E-40 said Hyphy is the bay version of Crunk. Just like Atlanta used Crunk to blow up, now the bay is trying to do the same with Hyphy.

even the bay area culture is dirty south. Dreads & Gold Teeth is Dirty South shit not westcoast. scrapers on dubs is dirty south shit.

Bay Area people are always braggin how everything started in the Bay which is totally bullshit. Its become evident that the bay is nothing but Bitters and is only tarnishing the westcoast.

i'm not a hater. I love the old bay but the bay has fallen the fuck off with all this bitting of the Dirty South they do.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why is Bay Area so in love with Dirty South?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 04:28:53 AM »
I definetly agree hypy=crunk.It doesnt really matter who started it first,fact is South had the commercial success with it 1st and bay area followed the trend. Theres no denying that hypy is heavily influenced by crunk music. Im happy that the westcoast sound finally progressed but perhaps it would have been better to change it in a different way.

DaWgG

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 04:59:17 AM »
u got that right

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 08:08:52 AM »
everything coming outta there sounds dirty south these days. that shit is beyond pathetic. E-A Ski has become a lil jon copycat. E-40s new wack album is a dirty south album.

Bay Area had there own westcoast sound in the 90s.  Now the Bay Area has to suck lil jons dick. wtf is this?

Too Short new album = all Lil Jon, Dirty South

E-40's new album = Dirty South

E A SKi new production = Lil Jon ripoff

Hyphy = Crunk

Why is the Bay Area so infatuated with Dirty South?  that shit is pathetic. This is the CALIFORNIA not Atlanta. Bay Area needs to stop fucking dick riding the Dirty South and come up with there own fucking sound. E-40 said Hyphy is the bay version of Crunk. Just like Atlanta used Crunk to blow up, now the bay is trying to do the same with Hyphy.

even the bay area culture is dirty south. Dreads & Gold Teeth is Dirty South shit not westcoast. scrapers on dubs is dirty south shit.

Bay Area people are always braggin how everything started in the Bay which is totally bullshit. Its become evident that the bay is nothing but Bitters and is only tarnishing the westcoast.

i'm not a hater. I love the old bay but the bay has fallen the fuck off with all this bitting of the Dirty South they do.

how does it exactly tarnish the westcoast? Hyphy is the only thing that's helping to put eyes on the westcoast/bay area

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 08:15:27 AM »
this thread proves how stupid the thread starter is
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 08:17:11 AM »
YUP .........I DONT LIKE E-40 .HE SOUNDS LIKE THE WACK SOUTH

Rudki

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 08:35:50 AM »

I agree with you..people may say "move on from the old bay sound..." etc but fact is and ill use your examples, E A SKI's old production was CLASSIC...and E-40 sounded GREAT over those old school beats....

youngmessnucca

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:54:23 AM »
Addicted you remain the sites eldest idiot, stop living in the past and stop hating. we know the Bay is on your mind constantly becuase you always got a comment to make. U just mad cuz Games hype is rapidly dying down. Who you feeling from Cali, huh? clown

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 09:29:14 AM »
your hella gay i'm about to hit rasuputins buy like 5 copies and then get me a 1/8 from C.C.A.C. and ride around listen to the albumb and blow my tree's in the traffic
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

youngmessnucca

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 10:01:16 AM »
youre an idiot too^^

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 10:10:48 AM »
im actually feelin 40s new album, but at the same time i listen to a decent amount of dirty south too.

so even though i disagree with the thread starter, he does bring up a good point:

why is the bay copying the south so much???

its not just the music, its the their whole style.

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

dubee

• 'G'
  • "it dont matta, as long as my pocket gets fatta"
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 10:25:56 AM »
and the dirty south was influenced by old bay music you fuckin square. hyphy is something more than crunk anyways and seriously you must be be dickridin hard since the bay is always on your mind and i know how much it just squeezes your balls to see the bay startin to get some recognition. haha and gold teeth has always been a bay thing since the early 90's jackass. how many times do you i have to say watch the video for black dynasty-"deep east oakland". its not so hard to just watch it on northern=ridaz.com grow the fuck up and move on

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
and the dirty south was influenced by old bay music you fuckin square. hyphy is something more than crunk anyways and seriously you must be be dickridin hard since the bay is always on your mind and i know how much it just squeezes your balls to see the bay startin to get some recognition. haha and gold teeth has always been a bay thing since the early 90's jackass. how many times do you i have to say watch the video for black dynasty-"deep east oakland". its not so hard to just watch it on northern=ridaz.com grow the fuck up and move on
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

SGV

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »
Outside of Master P, what Southern artist has influence from the Bay in their music? That's a first. I've never heard that. If anything, a lot of Southern artists had an L.A. feel to them back in the day. Ask the Botany Boys if they were ever mistaken for L.A. artists. The G-Funk sound was big in the South in the 90s. But that's here nor there.

As for Crunk and Hyphy, well it's no question that Crunk was here LONG before Hyphy shit was. 3-6 Mafia was making their own style of Crunk music back in the 90s. No doubt about it, Hyphy is a Bay version of Crunk. But, that doesn't make it bad or anything. This Addicted To Beef cat just hates anything that doesn't fit his criteria: L.A. based with little to no white fans.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 12:32:48 PM »
am i lying? everything i said was true. I'm not here to hate. I just don't like what the Bay Area has become. They're are doing nothing but tarnishing the westcoast with there dirty south wackness.