Author Topic: Xzibit Coming "Full Circle" In The Summer *new album news/august*  (Read 1056 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
www.dubcnn.com

Xzibit Coming "Full Circle" In The Summer - March 16, 2006 By : Rud

Xzibit has spoken with MTV about his current musical ambitions for this year and announces his sixth solo album due out in the Summer. Over the past decade he has released been a part of nine films, released five albums and been the host of one of MTV's most successful shows; "Pimp My Ride" however 2006 is the year he plans to come "Full Circle", an indication perhaps of the lyrical content and sound of the new LP? Perhaps.

The 32-year-old rapper told MTV; "I've been making records [for so long], so to be able to do what I love and do it well, I gotta take it back to what I love.

My perspective has definitely changed [over the years], the things I used to say when I was 18, 19 or 20 aren't the things I'm feeling now, you know? I've definitely grown a lot as an individual, as a man, and as a father, and that perspective needs to be shared and put out there.

"I think having powerful music that says something is a must for me [now], so that's what I plan to do with this record: shed some light on the growth that I've had so hopefully someone can relate and feel me."

Xzibit is playing his cards close to his chest about the new record refusing to divulge details about the producers he's working with or who he might be rhyming alongside in the recording booth however he has revealed that there will be 17 tracks on it when it drops in August. When asked about his first single he said; "Watch the mixtape circuit, there's so many ways for music to get out nowadays that the traditional way of just dropping a single before the record is out is obsolete."

The MC-turned-actor spoke to MTV at the "Tinseltown to Gotham" event in Beverly Hills where he was amongst a handful of performers that included Tyrese, Macy Gray and Lauryn Hill, all honored for accomplishing what few of their contemporaries could: successfully crossing over into a mix of entertainment genres, including film, television and music; on the accolade Xzibit said; "It feels good to be able to go from music to film and have a good transition and be given the opportunities I've been given, the roles I've had have worked out great for me, and tonight is just another stepping stone in the right direction."

When asked about the hit show "Pimp My Ride" X attributes much of his breakout success and crossover appeal to the show which enabled him to show a different, more personable side of him; "That show really exposed a side of my personality you don't get to see on rap videos or read [about] in magazines, there were decision-makers that watched that show, and the personality was there for them, they gave me different chances and it just worked."

Look for dubcnn to present more news on this project over the coming months.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Xzibit Coming "Full Circle" In The Summer *new album news/august*
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:23:50 AM »
 :raisetheroof:

Jome

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 07:28:52 AM »
Like expected..

At The speed of life 1996
40 Dayz & 40 Nightz 1998
Restless 2000
Man vs. Machine 2002
Weapons of Mass Destruction 2004

:stir:

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 07:39:35 AM »
should be dope  :D

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:46:19 AM »
At The Speed of Life (Classic)
40 Dayz & 40 Nights (Classic)
Restless (borderline classic)                                                   
Man Vs Machine (horrible, his worst album)
Weapons of Mass Destruction (improvement on MVM, still average/just above average, some good tracks)

Hopefully this album should be pretty good.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 07:51:13 AM »
If it reaches Restless' level, it'll be cool for me. I'd be surprised if he surpassed that.

Hopefully nothing like MVM or WMD, those only had a few good tracks each. Some shit on those were straight up :puke:

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 08:36:55 AM »
Great News.Looking forward to this.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 08:40:21 AM »
Wow, this is great.I just hope we get something better than his last 2 attempts.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
Yes! Great news, Xzibit never dissapoints me...

Btw its been that long since WOMD dropped? Time flys  :-\

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 09:37:48 AM »
would be dope if dre could do some tracks on it...

so we get both new snoop and new xzibit albums with dr dre productions this year

IzUwitIt

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 10:17:11 AM »
If he hooks up with the likes of Battlecat and Dre again, which ud expect wit his budget, it should have a decent end product. But im expectin it to be similar to WOMD with a lot of SAS features. Itz good he keeping the 2 year thang going.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 10:21:01 AM »
Really not sure what to expect from this, i cant say i anticipate xzibit albums like i used to

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 10:23:42 AM »
Great! :raisetheroof: X always delivers the goods. Another album for thw west. 8)

Xzibit is playing his cards close to his chest about the new record refusing to divulge details about the producers he's working with or who he might be rhyming alongside in the recording booth however he has revealed that there will be 17 tracks on it when it drops in August. When asked about his first single he said; "Watch the mixtape circuit, there's so many ways for music to get out nowadays that the traditional way of just dropping a single before the record is out is obsolete."
This struck me as odd.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 10:34:26 AM »
Really not sure what to expect from this, i cant say i anticipate xzibit albums like i used to

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 11:43:39 AM »
xzibit is sooo underrated
he has not yet released a wack album.. his worst was MVM which had atleast 7 or 8 nice cuts

CLASSIC.... west is BACK