Author Topic: Yup, another Xbox 360 thread.....  (Read 631 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Yup, another Xbox 360 thread.....
« on: March 23, 2006, 10:50:42 PM »
Ok im thinkin bout buyin one soon and more than likely the salesman in the shop will be retarded so il ask a few questions here first and hopefully some of them will be answered.

HOw does Wi Fi work?.....Is it free of charge?.....Does it come with the package or do you have 2 buy seperately?

If i use ethernet does my xbox need 2 b in the same room as my pc?

Is there anyway i can move all of the albums i ripped on2 my xbox 2 the 360? Coz i got 60 albums on there and dont want them 2 go 2 waste.....

What can you actually do with your ipod on the 360? Just play your songs i expect?

Do 360's account for all regions? Like if i buy one in New Zealand but want 2 take it to Australia or back 2 scotland will the xbox live and dvd's still work?

Will most of the newer games for the og xbox be available 2 play? I heard theres 200 games that are backdated so has ne1 got a list??

Are they really as unreliable as people say? Bcoz where i am they only came out yesterday so should most faults have been fixed by now?

And this is a bit of a broad question but can someone explain online playing/xbox live 2 me please??.....

Props for anyone who can answer. Cheers.....

The Maestro

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Yup, another Xbox 360 thread.....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 11:39:37 PM »
"Are they really as unreliable as people say? Bcoz where i am they only came out yesterday so should most faults have been fixed by now?"

Seems like most of the problems lies on the systems that was launched back in november...but every system is always gonna have problems since its not perfect...i heard Microsofts customer service is pretty good...if your system is a defect, call them up, and they will send you a pre-paid box to ship out the system...and in couple days, you will get a new one(or a refurbished) back...

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:15:41 AM »
I recommend gettin the 360 man,Espicially if ur into RPGs, Oblivion just came out on tuesday and man that game is fuckin incredible, u can do sooo much shit its an open ended RPG,Ghost Recon also came out this month and its dope too, but Oblivion is definitely the Must Buy for the 360 , also Call of Duty 2 is dope,they released a patch earlier this week to fix some of the bug online (lag n stuff) so now its got great online and offline

but yea ill answer all ur questions

1.The internet service microsoft uses is called Xboxlive and its hands down better then any competitor, umm theres 2 different options Xbox live silver and Xbox live gold
silver is free and can be used to download game demos,trailers,patches n stuff from the marketplace and Xbox live gold is what u need to be able to play online
you can prolly find a good deal for xboxlivegold,i think the msrb on it is like 50 american maybe? not sure but again u can prolly find it cheaper and its for 1 year subscription

2. Are u running wireless or wired? if its wired then u just gotta make sure u have enough wire and if its wireless then it shouldnt be a problem at all

3. No, u gotta load them on again,but the dope thing about the 360 is that u can use a CDRW and just keep on loading tracks onto the hardrive from the cdrw

4. Yup u can play ur songs (while in game,streaming it, in any game since the 360 supports custom soundtracks for any game) and also im pretty sure u can view photos stored on ur ipod on ur 360 ( i know with creative mp3 players u can, so im guessin ipods should b the same)

5. I know there region coded but im not sure about ur question, i dunno what specific regions they use

6. yea i got the list http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm  but some xbox games have problems on the 360, not all but some. Im really not sure if the new ones will be avalible i know for sure that Black wont be but i dunno about other games

7. Had it since launch and have had 0 problems with it but i do know some ppl who have had problems,but like other dude said microsoft has excellent customer service so if u do have problems u shouldnt have a problem getting it fixed

8. Xbox live on the 360 is sick man, dont worry you'll love the xbox live

got any other questions feel free to ask  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 03:46:21 AM »
I recommend gettin the 360 man,Espicially if ur into RPGs, Oblivion just came out on tuesday and man that game is fuckin incredible, u can do sooo much shit its an open ended RPG,Ghost Recon also came out this month and its dope too, but Oblivion is definitely the Must Buy for the 360 , also Call of Duty 2 is dope,they released a patch earlier this week to fix some of the bug online (lag n stuff) so now its got great online and offline

1.The internet service microsoft uses is called Xboxlive and its hands down better then any competitor, umm theres 2 different options Xbox live silver and Xbox live gold
silver is free and can be used to download game demos,trailers,patches n stuff from the marketplace and Xbox live gold is what u need to be able to play online
you can prolly find a good deal for xboxlivegold,i think the msrb on it is like 50 american maybe? not sure but again u can prolly find it cheaper and its for 1 year subscription

2. Are u running wireless or wired? if its wired then u just gotta make sure u have enough wire and if its wireless then it shouldnt be a problem at all

3. No, u gotta load them on again,but the dope thing about the 360 is that u can use a CDRW and just keep on loading tracks onto the hardrive from the cdrw

4. Yup u can play ur songs (while in game,streaming it, in any game since the 360 supports custom soundtracks for any game) and also im pretty sure u can view photos stored on ur ipod on ur 360 ( i know with creative mp3 players u can, so im guessin ipods should b the same)

5. I know there region coded but im not sure about ur question, i dunno what specific regions they use

6. yea i got the list http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm but some xbox games have problems on the 360, not all but some. Im really not sure if the new ones will be avalible i know for sure that Black wont be but i dunno about other games

7. Had it since launch and have had 0 problems with it but i do know some ppl who have had problems,but like other dude said microsoft has excellent customer service so if u do have problems u shouldnt have a problem getting it fixed

got any other questions feel free to ask 8)

Major props man, that helps a lot. thanks.....

The Maestro

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:40:06 AM »
dont forget MAdden. that for me is  easily the best game on the 360

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 12:34:18 PM »
dont forget MAdden. that for me is  easily the best game on the 360

yup madden is dope too,great online and great for when u have buddies over  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 12:35:15 PM »

6. yea i got the list http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm but some xbox games have problems on the 360, not all but some. Im really not sure if the new ones will be avalible i know for sure that Black wont be but i dunno about other games

no problem, did it help in a good way or bad way lol ,u still gonna cop one?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 01:31:02 PM »

Oh definetely gettin one man. You should be a salesman or sumthin. lol

The Maestro

rik

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 01:44:33 PM »

I know the way dude broke it down makes me wanna go out and buy one. Kinda broke right now tho.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 09:39:52 PM »

lol nice man let me know when u get ur xboxlive set up n will play sumtime  8)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 12:01:26 AM »

lol nice man let me know when u get ur xboxlive set up n will play sumtime 8)

Hell yeah, im in the middle of movin house/city so should b within next couple of weeks. What games u in2?....

The Maestro

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 01:04:01 AM »

Hell yeah, im in the middle of movin house/city so should b within next couple of weeks. What games u in2?....

All kinds of games right now ive got
-Dead or Alive 4
-Perfect Dark Zero
-Need For Speed Most Wanted
-Project Gotham Racing 3
-Ridge Racer 6
-NBA 2k6
-NHL 2k6
-Madden 06
-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Call of Duty 2
-Oblivion
 games i had but traded in afta i beat them
-Kameo
-Quake 4
-Condemned
-Fifa road to the world cup

so ive played quite a few of the 360 games, u got any questions on any of them i can tell u a bit about them pros n cons n stuff, what kinda games u into?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 02:21:43 PM »

All kinds of games right now ive got
-Dead or Alive 4-Perfect Dark Zero
-Need For Speed Most Wanted-Project Gotham Racing 3
-Ridge Racer 6
-NBA 2k6
-NHL 2k6
-Madden 06
-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Call of Duty 2
-Oblivion
 games i had but traded in afta i beat them
-Kameo
-Quake 4
-Condemned
-Fifa road to the world cup

so ive played quite a few of the 360 games, u got any questions on any of them i can tell u a bit about them pros n cons n stuff, what kinda games u into?

The ones that are bold i could play. Im really in 2 nethin......Last games i bought were pro evolution soccer, Medal of honour, San Andreas and need 4 speed most wanted so i got a pretty wide range. But al play sumthin if u recommend it, not sayin al b any good at it though. lol

The Maestro

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »
-Ghost Recon
-Oblivion
-Call of Duty 2

those 3 are the ones i would say are my favorite, NBA 2k6 is also pretty tight
also try watchin a few vids of condemned,game is sick ,really good story n graphics n everythin

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 10:38:27 PM »
I played a boxing game 2day and i was honestly shocked at how clear it is. It was fuckin immense, u could actually see the sweat dripping etc....Words cant sum up how good this thing is. Il pm u when i get all of the shit 2gether, should be in a week or 2.

The Maestro