Author Topic: Uh oh, the Latinos are protesting like crazy......  (Read 4167 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Uh oh, the Latinos are protesting like crazy......
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 09:18:40 PM »
the rate of poverty and other such things is MUCH higher than the US and gets to the point where if they don't do something illegal to get over here to the US, then life stays horrible for people
That's true but the only problem with using that arguement is that people from all over south america, africa, the middle east and asia would be flooding this country with over population if that beilief was put into practice by everyone who beilives that.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 09:19:18 PM »
I also see a flag that looks like it's from one of those Central American countries  :o  Okay, obviously it's not such a bright idea to have any sort of latin american flag since that's not what the protest is about. 

"obviously they're doing it out of goodness, but the law is the law and obviously you can't help them with work if they're trying to get work illegally...."

It's not just work.  If an undocumented immigrant will seek any form of charity from a church or social group, they will have to be checked by them or else they will get punished. 

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 09:22:32 PM »
the rate of poverty and other such things is MUCH higher than the US and gets to the point where if they don't do something illegal to get over here to the US, then life stays horrible for people
That's true but the only problem with using that arguement is that people from all over south america, africa, the middle east and asia would be flooding this country with over population if that beilief was put into practice by everyone who beilives that.

Oh definitley man, I agree 100%, i'm using it in the context of addressing the mexican border more though, because of the physical standpoint in the case, with it being close and all

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 09:40:20 PM »
A year from now this debate is hardly going to be talked about.  The bill isnt passing, it's just a fucking ploy to not lose that many Republican offices in these upcoming elections.  What happen to that Constitutional Amendment to ban Gay Marriage?  Same plan, different issue.

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 10:58:34 PM »
What part of illegal don't these people understand??? Oh I am sorry, they are rallying for their "freedom".

By the way, there is nothing like rallying Americans to your cause by going around waving Mexican flags in their faces.

STFU ya immigrant!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 11:45:13 PM »
I am a Mexican, born and raised here, but coming for a family of immigrants, this is what I understand.

You live in Mexico, things are shitty, you're dark, and poor, and hungry, and you have 5 kids, and they are hungry. As a man, you can't let your family starve, but there is no where around to get a good paying job to feed your kids. You have to make a decision, you stay there, struggle, and your kids go uneducated, and repeat the cycle of being hungry and poor, or you cross this fence, and on the other side you have a country which, even though you may struggle and you have a hard time getting alone, your kids will have and chance of a lifetime to make it, and succeed in life. As a parent, there is no thinking about it, you get your ass to the U.S., you work, and you get your kids to school.

Walking out of school is huge, LA schools first off are shitty, so you ain't missing much. It's got a 50% graduation rate, no matter the race, so lets get that out the way. Second, there is money gained each day from kids going to school. When you don't get an excused absent, the state keeps the money that was going to you being educated for the day. Since these kids walked out, the school lost money, therefore the economical effects are huge. The biggest way to the American systems attention is through their wallet.

Punish the business for hiring illegals, not the undocumented for trying to feed their families. As a man Real American, if you were Mexican, and you didn't cross that border, then you would be a chicken shit sorry piece of excuse of a man.

WestCoasta

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 11:51:26 PM »
^^ yeah but one thing is, it's a good idea to avoid having 5 kids so you have to work your fuckin ass off day and night to feed em and buy em clothes etc... even for regular everyday whatever race people, having 1 or 2 kids is a fuckin hassle

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 11:54:43 PM »
^^ yeah but one thing is, it's a good idea to avoid having 5 kids so you have to work your fuckin ass off day and night to feed em and buy em clothes etc... even for regular everyday whatever race people, having 1 or 2 kids is a fuckin hassle

yeah... I've seen the same with Mexicans that only have 1 or 2. The 5 was an example because for the most part, we do have about 3-5. But 1-2 is the same, and family is hella important, so it's rare you have a couple not want kids. That's unheard of. I know people will preach responsibility, but at the same time that's coming from the US, were it's taken for granted. We judge, and we don't think of others.

WestCoasta

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2006, 12:01:16 AM »
^^^  ???

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2006, 09:06:54 AM »

Punish the business for hiring illegals, not the undocumented for trying to feed their families. As a man Real American, if you were Mexican, and you didn't cross that border, then you would be a chicken shit sorry piece of excuse of a man.

You know what M Dogg, you are probably right. If I was a poor, uneducated Mexican who had a family to feed, I probably would try to sneak across the border for a better way of life. But I am not a poor Mexican, I am an American. And we also have our own interests to look out for. Massive immigration from third world countries as well as chaotic borders has real consequences for our country that we have to acknowledge.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 09:34:59 AM by Real American »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 09:08:47 AM »

That is another good point. Mexicans have so many damn kids it is ridiculous. M Dogg mentioned the LA public schools are terrible, that is a major reason why. The massive immigration puts a huge drain on social services.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 09:35:17 AM »
why'd the black kids jump them? thats straight up crack, i know they got their beefs, but jumping a race (members of a race) while they're protesting for their freedom is downright retarded.Fighting for freedom isnt easy, the black kids should know this better than any race. Maybe not better than the immigrant Polacks who fled Poland from the Nazis. BUT I GUESS SOME PEOPLE JUST FORGET THEIR ROOTS.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 09:40:22 AM by PRIN©Č »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2006, 09:37:53 AM »
why'd the black kids jump them? thats straight up crack, i know they got their beefs, but jumping a race (members of a race) while they're protesting for their freedom is downright retarded.Fighting for freedom isnt easy, the black kids should know this better than any race. Maybe not better than the Polacks who fled Poland from the Nazis. BUT I GUESS SOME PEOPLE JUST FORGET THEIR ROOTS.

LOL at fighting for their freedom. I guess eveeryone wants to feel like a victim nowadays.....

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »
there has to be some more stricter laws to tone down the amount of illegal immigrants coming to america but yall r never gonna stop the migration of these ppl. for mexicans suffering through poverty and what not for them its a means of survival so u cant really blame them but i do see the point that millions of ppl around the world like my family had to enter a lottery or wahtever from south africa to escape the conditions their of govt institutionalized racism. we chose canada instead but its all good. we have so much space up here to accomadate the influx of ppl yall have down there but i guess its too cold so we dont have this problem. :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2006, 05:12:24 AM »
Well, anybody including the mexicans have to see that it's a problem.  I know many latinos, and one in particular came here, legally, when he was 16, and most of the latinos I know that are here legally resent those that came illegally. 

Personally, I have no problem with them.  I work at a latino flea market and make a fortune.  The vast, vast majority of them are nice, family people, friendly and polite just trying to take care of theirs.  I could see myself doing the same thing if I were in their position. 

In Cali, I imagine it may be different with the gangs and such, out here nearly all of them are construction workers and farmers.  I'd say on a whole, the mexicans I meet at the flea market, on a WHOLE, are nicer, more polite, and more family orientated than the white, or black people I know, on average.  It's actually pretty funny.  You get some white kid walking through making an ass out of himself, then some black folks walking through looking like they just escaped prison, then here comes this nice little amigo with his pregnant woman and their 4 kids, all walking in single file not touching anything and smiling.  LOL.  I think that 500,000 protested in l.a. and there was no violence, and no arrests shows that.  They're approaching it from a very smart position.