Poll

?

True
21 (65.6%)
False
11 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: There is no correct RELIGION [POLL]  (Read 934 times)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Re: There is no correct RELIGION [POLL]
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 11:23:36 AM »
Talking about religion is just a huge waste of time. We can spend all day comparing Fairytale 1 and Fairytale 2, but why would we bother? There are WAY more important matters to discuss.

i think it's easy to argue that there is nothing more important.

But you really wanna hear what I think? I doubt it, but Imma give it to ya anyway:

TRUTH: I exist.

you do exist, but what is the nature of your existence?  are you nothing more than your physical body?  do you have an eternal soul or are you a soulless being?

OBSERVATIONS: Existence is concrete. Human consciousness is the result of chemical and electrical activities in the brain.

concrete is fabricated from elements; sand, water...breaks down and is destroyed; some of those elements are reused, others discarded/lost.  in many ways concrete is similar to human existence in a religious/spiritual context.  concrete is not permanent.

i'm not debating the electro-chemical nature of the human body.  that is how the physical form works.  what i'm asking is: is that all that is there?

Laws and morality were created by man and should be celebrated as a human achievement.

many laws should be dismissed as human failure, the product of hubris.  a trait humankind is not unfamiliar with.

A deity (as far as been shown) had nothing to do with it. A deity probably doesn't exist. If it does, it is probably unconscious OR it is a "universal consciousness" type of deal.

i am also skeptical of the human-like notion of a deity.  not that powerful, divine, human-like creatures don't exist; whether or not they do that is most likely not the nature of god.

at the same time, there are religions and systems of belief that directly support your broader more abstract notion of "a universal consciousness".  the idea that the true form of god is both unpresentable and incomprehensible to moses is present.  your idea is not far-fetched within the context of religion.  so why condemn them all if not all disagree with your position.

CONCLUSION: Humans are responsible only to themselves, to others, and the world in which we live in. The God theory is outdated and largely irrelevant. Man is a product of evolution.

i would suggest that without god (a higher power) there is little basis for the notion of responsibility to others.  what is the benefit of order, peace and harmony if in the end nothing matters? you basically acknowledge that there is a higher power; you simply deny the nature of that higher power as has been presented to you.  if it's possible that a higher power exists and life has a more specific purpose; then it's possible that someone somehow became enlightened about that notion down, and that it is recorded somewhere is some religion. 

if such a truth does exist, are you looking for it?  and if not, why not? 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 11:31:33 AM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 11:53:40 AM »
If there was a higher power, no way in hell would it centre around humans. Humans aint shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 01:47:21 PM »
If there was a higher power, no way in hell would it centre around humans. Humans aint shit.

i believe there is a higher power, and i agree with you that in no way does that higher power center around humans.  god does not worship man.
if humans realized their true nature they would center their existence around the higher power through worship; realize their true nature; and possibly attain higher and more significant forms of existence.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

K A I N

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 04:46:32 PM »
We're an alien ant farm.

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2006, 11:27:19 AM »

RELIGION  :monkey_piss:

ABN

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2006, 11:48:36 AM »
aw well all i know is that i believe in a higher power but i´m not religious at all(now some people say it don´t make sense but whatever). i don´t live my life after any rules other then what i personally think is right and wrong. i´ve taken some time out to think over some things that all religions has deemed as bein "wrong" but some of those things are "right" IMO and that´s why i don´t believe in any religion but i believe in God. i wouldn´t even bother to argue about this with anyone coz my beliefs aren´t gonna change coz of that and i wouldn´t be able to change anyone´s beliefs neither(not that i would want to in the first place). and who am i to say what´s good and what´s evil or what´s right or wrong? and i was raised as a catholic and lets just say that most of my family aren´t too happy about my views on God and religion and my grandma actually prays that i won´t go to hell because i´m not a catholic lol. and my family is part of the reason why i looked at religion as something crooked for a long time, my family other then my mom+my brothers are the biggest hypocrits in the world.

WestCoasta

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »
^^^ same shit with me man... exactly, couldnt have said it better (except for the family part)

you get props