Author Topic: Lebron's In The Playoffs  (Read 1738 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lebron's In The Playoffs
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
Jordan didn't raise his shooting percentage though.  I'm pointing out what any player will go through in their career, I'm not being anti-Kobe.  Here I'll use another example. 

Lebron after the age of 30 will not be able to drive to basket as he did through out his 20s.  Therefore, although he might take smarter shots, he'll still decline in any shooting percentage category. 

Or even better...

Primary Scoring Guard X after the age of 30 will not be able to drive to basket as he did through out his 20s.  Therefore, although he might take smarter shots, he'll still decline in any shooting percentage category. 

Jordan consistently reached in the .600% area of his True Shooting %, after the age of 30 though the closest he got to .600 was .582%

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2006, 02:49:26 PM »
Jordan didn't raise his shooting percentage though.  I'm pointing out what any player will go through in their career, I'm not being anti-Kobe.  Here I'll use another example. 

Lebron after the age of 30 will not be able to drive to basket as he did through out his 20s.  Therefore, although he might take smarter shots, he'll still decline in any shooting percentage category. 

Or even better...

Primary Scoring Guard X after the age of 30 will not be able to drive to basket as he did through out his 20s.  Therefore, although he might take smarter shots, he'll still decline in any shooting percentage category. 

Jordan consistently reached in the .600% area of his True Shooting %, after the age of 30 though the closest he got to .600 was .582%

Look man, your argument makes no sense...Kobe's shooting percentage (without the three's) as of now would be pretty close to Jordan's... Just because he loses speed doesn't mean he won't gain knowledge, understand the game better, take better shots, etc...There is no reason he wont be able to hit 47% from the field or so in his 30's...I honestly believe he will do it...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2006, 03:03:56 PM »
How does my arguement make no sense when it's true?  His improved shooting skills will not make up for the fact that's not going to get that many lay ups/dunks as he did in his 20s. 

rik

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2006, 03:23:47 PM »
How bout them Dodgers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2006, 03:30:33 PM »
How does my arguement make no sense when it's true?  His improved shooting skills will not make up for the fact that's not going to get that many lay ups/dunks as he did in his 20s. 

If he plays the small forward position, which I presume he will, he'll get just as many lay-ups dunks off assists as he did in his slashing days. You think that your opinion is fact...YOU DON'T KNOW IF KOBE WILL IMPROVE HIS PERCENTAGE, NOBODY KNOWS, IT'S ALL STIPULATION. THE PROBLEM WITH YOU IS THAT YOU'RE SO SURE THAT YOUR STIPULATION IS THE CORRECT ONE...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2006, 03:41:59 PM »
Welll excuse me for believing in the information   of scoring guards from the last 25 years, including Jordan.  I'm expecting the trend to continue, you're hoping for a miracle.  His best chance to reach 47% will be these next 2 years.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2006, 03:52:07 PM »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2006, 04:15:14 PM »
Welll excuse me for believing in the information   of scoring guards from the last 25 years, including Jordan.  I'm expecting the trend to continue, you're hoping for a miracle.  His best chance to reach 47% will be these next 2 years.

Yes...It would be a miracle for Kobe to improve his shooting percentage...Keep thinking that way. ::)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2006, 04:19:13 PM »
And please continue to misinterpret what I exactly said.  25 Years of Stats is much more reliable than what your opinion is of Kobe Bryant. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2006, 05:00:11 PM »
And please continue to misinterpret what I exactly said.  25 Years of Stats is much more reliable than what your opinion is of Kobe Bryant. 

25 years of stats don't mean shit when it comes to greatness...You're saying Kobe will shoot less than 44% for the next 5-7 years? LMFAO. To me, that simply doesn't seem likely and seems like a statement someone who WANTS to see Kobe fail would make...I know how Kobe plays, he will get better...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2006, 05:21:40 PM »
Michael Jordan

At Age, FG%

26 .526
27 .539
28 .519
29 .495

32 .495
33 .486
34 .465

eFG and TS% also went down

You said "Jordan was at his best when he was in his 30's" Of course his shooting skills got better, but his percentages still went down.  Since you say you know Kobe so well, what kind of super human power will he acquire to shoot better percentage in his 30s compared to his 20s?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 05:23:19 PM by Javy »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2006, 08:05:47 PM »
Michael Jordan

At Age, FG%

26 .526
27 .539
28 .519
29 .495

32 .495
33 .486
34 .465

eFG and TS% also went down

You said "Jordan was at his best when he was in his 30's" Of course his shooting skills got better, but his percentages still went down.  Since you say you know Kobe so well, what kind of super human power will he acquire to shoot better percentage in his 30s compared to his 20s?

Like I said, I see him taking wiser shots, jacking up way less 30+ foot 3's, less miracle shots with the shot-clock winding down, etc...I see him playing in the small-forward position at times, enabling him to get easier looks off assists etc...I don't think anything I'm saying sounds absurd and I've repeated it numerou times. Why is what I'm saying so unreasonable to you?...LOL.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2006, 08:06:08 PM »
How bout them Dodgers.

lol. you get a +1 for comic relief.

lebron had another great game today wit 35+ points and i think its the 7th straight game hes done that which is the longest consecutive streak this yr.
both players r doing good right now and better than expected. kobe is leading a team all by himself mainly through scoring and lebron is leading histeam as well in diff categories. as of today theres no doubt Kobe is the better player. more experience, more accoldades so far etc. lebron has more potential and at his age is better than both kobe and jordan. when comparing numbers at the end of his career i think kobes would relfect jordans #'s more while lebron's would be more in line wit a player like magic where he would have less pts but more boards and assists. most likely more pts than magic but less assists.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2006, 09:59:45 PM »
You're confusing shooting percentage with the raw ability to shoot. 

rik

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2006, 10:02:22 PM »
How bout them Dodgers.

lol. you get a +1 for comic relief.

Got u back.