Author Topic: They fucked up the Big Show  (Read 1745 times)

acbaylove

Re: They fucked up the Big Show
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 11:46:04 PM »
Bret Hart is probably the greatest technical wrestler of all time.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 04:06:43 AM »
What injury did Bret suffer?

he suffered a career-ending concussion
he also had a stroke and wwas involved in a biking accident

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »
That estrada guy was doing a dead on imitation of Ric Flair, anybody catch that? Mannerisms were all identical.

Hulk Hogan was supposed to challenge or work something with Austin, he mentioned it last week.  Austin took a low blow @ Hogan at the hall of fame ceremony saturday, and then tonight, neither one of them showed up on t.v.  Wonder what happened?

Now, I'll bet 5 bucks it was Austin.  Remember when he no showed last time he was supposed to work a match with someone about a year ago?  Also, WWE pumped "Hogan Knows Best" in a banner at the bottom of the screen towards the end of the night... they wouldn't have promoted it if Hogan had no showed.  Also, there were several banners of superstars hanging from the rafters, one was of Hogan.

Did you notice that WWE was stretching for time all night?  For instance, just before the Chavo part, they showed a recap of the entire first hour.  They showed every match, and what happened with every match.  Then, Chavo came out and did a long drawn out promo about Eddie, although it didn't make any sense and was way too long compared to the other more important angles on the show.  They then showed another segment with him backstage afterwards, and then when Flair came out, he was clearly stretching for time as well... talking about the great matches he'd had in Chicago, etc.  They even showed a classic Flair match before Flair came out.  Come on.  This was all shit they added at the last minute to make up for the the Austin/Hogan bit not happening.  Even with all the stretching and stalling, Triple H still finished the main event about 2 or 3 minutes early, then they spent tons of time with him after the match, even showing a replay of the finish.  Then they showed him standing on the ramp for about a minute and a half. 

Totally fucked up show, the Jamal shit is just stupid, why in the hell they would go with that gimmick... AGAIN, is beyond me. 

I caught the Estrada and I noticed he was a a very Cuban Ric Flair. The "ha" was very old Flair-like.

As for low-blowing Hogan, I saw Bret Hart on TV yesterday and he talked about how when he first won the title and saw Hogan he went up to him backstage to shake his hand (I guess Hogan was visiting) and Hogan ignored him for 5 minutes until Bret walked away, and Bret said it felt good to snub Hogan at the Hall of Fame.

And if they needed to kill time, here's a revolutionary idea; get two wrestlers in there to have a match.

Bret Hart is a psychopath.  So I wouldn't entirely trust anything he says.  For instance, he keeps insisting that he swore the day that he quit that he would never work for Vince again, so he turned down pay to appear at the Hall of Fame.  Funny that he didn't turn down the pay Vince is giving him to do the Hart DVD, and he didn't have any problems touring the entire world to promote the DVD.  It's also funny that he's allowing Vince to sell "Bret Hart" t-shirts at live events and on WWE.com... but, he's not working for them, right?  Such a fucking hypocrite.  Plus, he said in his speech "I swore that night, that if they ever wanted me to join the hall of fame, I'd be here".  Yeah.  I'm sure he thought of it that night.  To close, his continued bitterness towards Shawn Michaels, who was doing what he was told, and his ability to work for Vince McMahon, the guy who told Shawn to do it, makes absolutely no fucking sense.  I think Bret had mental issues long before Goldberg kicked him in the head. 

Bret's full of himself and in love with his own career. Him doing the Hall of Fame was no surprise to me and neither was the DVD. But Bret rarely ever lies about the facts. His entire career he had a tape recorder with him and recorded just about everything (this was the source material for the books he plans on releasing). I believe that Hogan snubbed him because Bret isn't the only one to come out against the Hulkster. Shit Hulk even uses his own daughter to get in the spotlight. Of all the interviews about about Hogan knows best where Hogan claims this show is being used as a vehicle to promote his daughter, why is it that Hogan does all the talking and takes up 95% of the camera time and Brooke is onthe side waving for about 5 seconds? You can't deny that Hogan is a glory hog. Most of not all main event wrestlers are, it's how they get to the top.

As for Shawn, the problems with Bret and Shawn go much further back than SS '97. They just don't like each other, and never did. Vince and Bret were very close, Bret even said he was like a second father. It must have killed him inside when Vince screwed him (something I will always believed was set up by Vince from the start to get attention and had nothing to do with the worry Bret might leave with the title). With Shawn Bret was just pissed of because that punk he already hates fucked with him again. The dislike started in '92 because Shawn was a plain and simple dick, it escalated when the Clique thanks to Big Deisel's influence on Vince let them get anything they wanted and BRet didn't like that Shawn was running around backstage like he owned the place. He was told to drop the belt to Shawn and he did. The next year Shawn was told to drop the belt to Bret, Shawn refused forfeited the belt and Bret was then put from WM Main Event to WM midcard (something that worked out great for Austin). Later that year in the summer Shawn starting telling people that Bret was cheating in his wife with Sunny and that lead to a fight backstage. Apparently Bret beat him down in the shower and Shawn went crying to Vince to get out of contract. (The Sunny thing may have been true, or it may have been a way for Shawn to create a big fuss, to get out of his deal and get a big pay day from WCW). After all that the Survivor Series happened. That's why Bret still hates Shawn, because he never liked him to begin with.

P.S. You make it seem like Goldberg wanted to hurt Bret. Bret never blamed Goldberg and continues to defend him. In fact I think Bret blames himself a bit for not blocking the kick since he knew what kind of worker he was in the ring with.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 01:58:29 PM »
In my opinion, Bret Hart is the greatest of all time just based on the fact that he rarely had a bad match. He could go in there with Diesel and have a hard hitting match one night and wrestle the 123 Kid the following night and work an amazing technical match mixed with the high flying style ( he actually did that in June of 1994 ). He could switch up his style in so many ways and deliver a great match night in and night out. I've seen him wrestle live many times and he's always been a class act in and out of the ring.

I do not agree with him still holding a grudge as far as Shawn Michaels goes. I think that Shawn has worked extemely hard in the last several years in terms of getting his priorities in life in order and at 40 years old, he can out-work damn near every wrestle on both rosters. It's unfortunate that Bret can find it in his heart to forgive Vince but he still can't stand the sight of Shawn. I suppose one can understand parts of it, being that Shawn DID lie to Bret's face on the night of Survivor Series '97...these two have always had some kind of issue with each other, dating back to the early 90's. Complete opposites if you ask me, but both have produced classic matches and each has cemented his place in wrestling history respectively, imo.

I will always have resentment towards Goldberg for being the guy to end Bret's career. If Bret got hurt in the ring working with a guy who respected the business and had a true passion for the sport, I'd feel different. The only thing Goldberg ever wanted out of wrestling was a paycheck so it hurts to know that one of the most respected wrestlers ever suffered an injury at the hands of someone who had his status handed to him. Goldberg was always a huge mark for himself, and although Bret doesn't blame him for the concussion, it's still pretty sad.

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 06:02:52 PM »
Did Bret ever injure anyone? I think that's one thing that defines a great wrestler.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 08:38:55 PM »
in the ring, Bret Hart was definately one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and Bret Hart never hurt 1 person in the ring. 

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 10:24:41 PM »
I never understood why Bret has reconciled with Vince, but still holds a grudge with Michaels. I mean, I love Bret, but that's just plain stupidity on his part. I feel bad for the guy. I feel in a way he's envious Shawn Michaels. How they both suffered serious injuries, but HBK was able to overcome it and how HBK seems to be happy with life since becoming born-again. Bret took the exact opposite path. He became very bitter (regardless of what he says, it's in his demeanor) and is a shell of the man he once was.

No way I take sides between the two, since Vince was at fault. I feel bad for them both because they could of had many great matches. The 2 matches they had (Survivor Series 97 and their champ vs. champ match) were both great.

Bret has always hated HBK pretty much from the moment that HBK got into the WWE. If you listen to some Bret Hart interviews & watch his DVD, he has explained numerous times as to why he hates HBK.

As for the whole Bret being bitter; all you have to do is look at Bret's life after Montreal & you can see why he's bitter. WCW fucks up his career, he loses his brother, has his career ended by a mule kick to the head by Goldberg, he loses his brother-in-law, he loses his mom, he loses his dad, he gets divoced from his wife of 20 years, & he has a stroke that almost killed him. I would say the guy has a right to be bitter.

Trauma-san

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2006, 05:41:18 PM »
Nobody has a right to be bitter. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2006, 05:56:02 PM »
I never understood why Bret has reconciled with Vince, but still holds a grudge with Michaels. I mean, I love Bret, but that's just plain stupidity on his part. I feel bad for the guy. I feel in a way he's envious Shawn Michaels. How they both suffered serious injuries, but HBK was able to overcome it and how HBK seems to be happy with life since becoming born-again. Bret took the exact opposite path. He became very bitter (regardless of what he says, it's in his demeanor) and is a shell of the man he once was.

No way I take sides between the two, since Vince was at fault. I feel bad for them both because they could of had many great matches. The 2 matches they had (Survivor Series 97 and their champ vs. champ match) were both great.

Bret has always hated HBK pretty much from the moment that HBK got into the WWE. If you listen to some Bret Hart interviews & watch his DVD, he has explained numerous times as to why he hates HBK.

As for the whole Bret being bitter; all you have to do is look at Bret's life after Montreal & you can see why he's bitter. WCW fucks up his career, he loses his brother, has his career ended by a mule kick to the head by Goldberg, he loses his brother-in-law, he loses his mom, he loses his dad, he gets divoced from his wife of 20 years, & he has a stroke that almost killed him. I would say the guy has a right to be bitter.

Yeah, I know Bret always hated HBK. It's just crazy how warm he's been towards Vince lately who orchestrated the whole screwjob when Shawn was just involved.

As far as being bitter. Everyone goes through rough times, but there are people that dust themselves off and move on and then theres the people who wallow in their self pitty. Bret has done the latter. I think he's done with it though, and he's beginning to go on with his life.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2006, 11:09:26 PM »
i just want to know if shawn is so born again why he can't approach hart and talk it out without media or god jesus and mr mcmahon <----- haha the iron sheik is the man, yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

rik

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2006, 11:14:18 PM »
I wanna watch that Bret Hart DVD but no way Ima buy. Can anyone hook it up

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 11:33:02 PM »
I wanna watch that Bret Hart DVD but no way Ima buy. Can anyone hook it up

Buy it. It´s worth it.

30 dollars or whatever is not too much for a 3 disc set filled with great matches...

westkoastanostra

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2006, 01:15:19 AM »
pick up shawn's book....shows his side of the story ...and pick bret's dvd shows his side of the story....

Paul

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2006, 01:19:37 PM »
this thread has been a really good read,
but ther are a couple of things i dont understand
1- why did wcw fuck up brets career, is it the goldberg thing?
2- the thing in 97 wen vince screwed bret, was this a story line or was it a real thing, bret looked pretty shocked?
funkyfreshintheflesh

Sikotic™

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2006, 05:26:47 PM »
WCW was going down the drain from about '98. They didn't know what they were doing. Bret wasn't the only one that got lost in the shuffle.

THA SAUCE HOUSE