Author Topic: french rap - 2bal 2neg  (Read 399 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
french rap - 2bal 2neg
« on: April 05, 2006, 01:04:14 AM »
does anyone own this muthafuckin cd?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: french rap - 2bal 2neg
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 01:13:14 AM »
No. I do like French rap though: Sniper, Disiz La Peste, Rohff, Psy4 De La Rime, etc...

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:43:59 AM »
well if i find this cd i'll upload it, or maybe some french can upload it so everybody can enjoy it, that's a classic album

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 02:15:22 AM »
never heard any french rap b4

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 02:18:09 AM »
well maybe you can enjoy the beats of some of these like iam but if you dont speak french this is not for you

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 05:28:16 AM »
I've heard about people who've learned English through rap and other forms of music. I would imagine the opposite works, so I'll check it out.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 05:37:02 AM »
yeah, but you need a base. Rap helped me a lot

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 05:40:11 AM »
yeah, but you need a base. Rap helped me a lot

By base you mean a base understanding? I have that.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 05:46:58 AM »
Well, I can honestly say that I've learned English by listening to music and watching movies...not by having 3 hours of English per week at high-school. Watching English/American movies works even better because then you get to see the subtitles (Dutch, in my case), whereas if you listen to music you only hear English but you don't have a translation of what's being said.

I'm telling you, if American TV channels would play non-English movies (but instead, French for instance) but with English subtitles, you'd learn French amazingly quickly. It's indeed very handy to already possess the basics of French grammar, otherwise it might get a bit difficult. After a while you'll get used to it though...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:23:14 AM »
Well, I can honestly say that I've learned English by listening to music and watching movies...not by having 3 hours of English per week at high-school. Watching English/American movies works even better because then you get to see the subtitles (Dutch, in my case), whereas if you listen to music you only hear English but you don't have a translation of what's being said.

I'm telling you, if American TV channels would play non-English movies (but instead, French for instance) but with English subtitles, you'd learn French amazingly quickly. It's indeed very handy to already possess the basics of French grammar, otherwise it might get a bit difficult. After a while you'll get used to it though...

I live in Canada and cable actually has 3 or 4 French language channels. My goal for the summer is to watch French TV and listen to French music in order to learn the language.

Paris

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 06:49:53 AM »
^^^^That's cool. You might wanna start with 'normal' French music then, since rap music has lyrics that are told quite fast. If you've got the lyrics of a French rap song in your hands, you'll be able to follow. If not, chances are big you won't understand a thing.
It's cool that you "accept the challenge" though! From what I know, a lot of English/American people are too lazy to learn a second/third language since English is the most popular/useful language in the world right now (media, manuals, politics, informatics, etc..). And I don't blame them...I think I wouldn't be bothered as well to learn French if I'd live in the UK or the States.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 08:22:21 AM »
^^^^That's cool. You might wanna start with 'normal' French music then, since rap music has lyrics that are told quite fast. If you've got the lyrics of a French rap song in your hands, you'll be able to follow. If not, chances are big you won't understand a thing.
It's cool that you "accept the challenge" though! From what I know, a lot of English/American people are too lazy to learn a second/third language since English is the most popular/useful language in the world right now (media, manuals, politics, informatics, etc..). And I don't blame them...I think I wouldn't be bothered as well to learn French if I'd live in the UK or the States.

Well the thing is in Canada we have two "official" languages which are English and French. And since I am going through to be a teacher knowing French jumps your chances up by like 75% and your pay start is much higher.

Paris

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 08:46:40 AM »
^^^^No shit? I'm studying to be a teacher as well. And I study French, English & History. Shiiiiiit...I might consider moving to Canada for a nice pay check ;D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 08:51:37 AM »
^^^^No shit? I'm studying to be a teacher as well. And I study French, English & History. Shiiiiiit...I might consider moving to Canada for a nice pay check ;D

Damn, they'd hire you in a second here in Ontario. We need teachers real bad with the baby boomer crisis.

Paris

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 08:54:58 AM »
That's it, as soon as I'm graduated I'll hop on the first plane to Ontario ;D
I can already imagine my job-interview:

*puts on Don Corleone voice:
"Make me an offer I can't refuse..."

;D