Author Topic: SUGE SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT DPGC  (Read 1441 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: SUGE SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT DPGC
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2002, 05:27:10 AM »
So! Suge still a joke ...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Hittman

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2002, 05:29:05 AM »
I Remember Way Before All This Shit Happened, Even When Suge Was Still In Prison. I Said That In About A Year Death Row Would Be Back On Top Of Things - It Looks Like It Could Happen If Suge Plays His Cards Right. I Believe Kurupt Made The Right Choice Moving To Tha Row, Especially Since Neither Daz, Snoop, Or Dre Were Willing To Help Him Out (Not Sure If Thats Completely True, After All Can We Trust Everything That Suge Says).

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2002, 05:42:20 AM »
man...misantonio...your posts really made me think where da rap game is gettin at..  
shit things looks like they are in shambles for west coast rap .. dawm ...
but like LOGIC said..dawm maybe tha Row can make it big..
snoop can drop an album that will sell as silence his critics!!
n daz.... i dont know wat daz is gonna do...  
kurupt, crooked I ... u neva know..

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

Hittman

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2002, 05:53:13 AM »
snoop can drop an album that will sell as silence his critics!!
n daz.... i dont know wat daz is gonna do...  
kurupt, crooked I ... u neva know..

Snoop DOGGY Dogg, Will Never In My Eyes Make Another Album As Good As Doggystyle, No Matter How Many Tracks Dr Dre Produces. I'm Still Going To Be Bumping His Music, And I Listen To Doggystyle Weekly - But I'll Be Looking For Snoop In Movies Aswell Now.

Daz Probably Won't Sell Great. Probably More Than What He Would Before All This - But Still Nothing Amazing, Even If Its A Classic Album. You're Always Going To Get Die Hard Death Row Fans That Refuse To By Daz Or Snoop Related Albums, And Die Hard Daz Fans That Will Refuse To Buy Anything Tha Row Puts Out. Guess Some People Are Just Stubborn.

Kurupt, Crooked I, Tha Releast - There Album Sales Will Strongly Depends On What Happens With Death Row This Coming Year. Like I Said Before If Suge Plays His Cards Right Then Maybe He Can Make Some Classic Albums With The Artists Signed To Tha Row.

Overall, It Should Be Dope To See What Happens Over The Next Few Months. Lets Face It, Death Row Has Been What Everyones Talking About (Especially Here) Ever Since Suge Was Released From Prison And Started Running His Mouth. People Hate On Suge But He Knows How To Get Publicity.... And Depending On The Publicity, That Can Lead To More Record Sales, More Record Sales Leads To Tha Row Getting Back On Top Of The Game Again......

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2002, 05:56:25 AM »

Overall, It Should Be Dope To See What Happens Over The Next Few Months. Lets Face It, Death Row Has Been What Everyones Talking About (Especially Here) Ever Since Suge Was Released From Prison And Started Running His Mouth. People Hate On Suge But He Knows How To Get Publicity.... And Depending On The Publicity, That Can Lead To More Record Sales, More Record Sales Leads To Tha Row Getting Back On Top Of The Game Again......

WORD...publicity...

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2002, 05:57:10 AM »
FACTS:

no West coast albums in the top 100 right now.

I feel that Tony Tone.  But also focus on the fact that DR hasnt released a solo album of new material since Michelle.  Im not the one to give a fuck about top 100 anyway.  Corp Plat status never moved me to begin with.  Im all about that indie bubble and good music.  They made good music together and even if they where together, they still might not break the top 100 in todays music industry.  The West aint on top with or without the DPGC being together.  Just them being together isnt gonna fix the top 100 problem.

This kinda goes back to the Knoc thread (Will Knoc Go Plat.)  Even Knoc might have problems stayin on top.  Its just not time for the West to shine.  With our without The Doggpound being together.  If that makes any sense.  

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Hittman

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2002, 06:06:28 AM »

The West aint on top with or without the DPGC being together.  Just them being together isnt gonna fix the top 100 problem.

Word. Not Like Chart Positions Matter To Me, But It's Bound To For The Artists. Even More So If Your Putting Hard Work In At The Studio (Doing Whatever It Is, Lyrics, Beats) And Your Album Is A Flop. But The West Will Have A Struggle Running The Hip Hop Charts, Mainly Because Of The Pop-Rap Albums (Really Poor Excuse For Music) That Are Been Released On The East And South Coast. (Ja Rule, Nelly etc.).

Quadruple OG

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2002, 06:07:59 AM »
I said this a while back, but this is more proof that the balance of power has shifted from Aftermath/DoggyStyle to Tha Row.  

Suge a joke??????  Suge at least has a gameplan or idea of wht he's gonna do.  Looking at the "DPGC", that thing is dead, because as antonio mentioned, it means different things to different people.  DoggyStyle and Aftermath have not made any major move to bolster their roster.  I know some will claim "what about E-White?", and what about him?  Have you ever heard him rap?  The only thing he's done is write 2 songs for Warren G, yet I saw a post the other day claiming E-White is "great".  Snoop is the only money maker on his label, and the sad thing is that the artists on his fuckin label KNOW THAT.  Why do you think Tray Deee and Goldie Loc released or going to release underground albums?  Because they know they can make more $$$$ underground than if they released a solo album that song 100,000 max, even with videos, radio play, etc.  Look at Aftermath, The Wash soundtrack, which was supposed to be such a great album, flopped BADLY.  Dre is just tryin to build up his resume instead of making one or 2 bangin albums for people.  Nate Dogg's album flopped because his homies weren't their for him.  Why do you think Nate Dogg pimped himself out to different artists for hooks?  Nate Dogg was on a few tracks on 2001, Last Meal, and Eastsidaz, and what do Snoop and Dre do to return the favor?  One fuckin song each.  Kurupt was down with Nate, which is why Kurupt appeared on more than one song on "Music and Me".  Right now, Doggystyle is in dissaray, because the only album that is on the horizon for them is Snoop, and it'll be the only album that Doggystyles releases that sells over 500,000 copies.  Aftermath has some sort of idea, with Eminem's album coming in a couple of months.  But I have a hunch Eminem is gonna distance himself from Dre, especially since Eminem has improved himself as a producer, and probably wants to promote Shady Records and D12 and Obie Trice.  Suge has lpans at least, with Crooked I's debut album in April, and albums from Eastwood, Nina, and possible Kurupt and J. Valentine.  Once the artists get more exposure and interviews, Suge will be in the media spotlight a little less, although pretty much everyone wants a Suge Knight interview cuz when Suge speaks, everyone listens.  When Suge talks, people respond to it, bitch about it, say what a joke, etc, even when shit happens like what he said at the Summit.  Like former Chicago White Sox owner Bill Veeck said, "any publicity is good publicity", and whether you like him or not, every word you speak on Suge is giving him free publicty and people will want to check out more of what he says.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2002, 06:19:08 AM »
Oh and for the one who said none west coast albums where in top 100, that not because they wack, that’s because people don’t recognize gangsta rap no more, the era is over, now it's all about the bling bling, but shit is changing again, do we heard about cash money anymore, :D
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Hittman

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2002, 06:32:47 AM »
Nate Dogg's album flopped because his homies weren't their for him.  Why do you think Nate Dogg pimped himself out to different artists for hooks?  Nate Dogg was on a few tracks on 2001, Last Meal, and Eastsidaz, and what do Snoop and Dre do to return the favor?  One fuckin song each.  Kurupt was down with Nate, which is why Kurupt appeared on more than one song on "Music and Me".

Hell, Maybe Nate Dogg Will Join Death Row.  :) That Would Be Great For Death Row, It Would Be Another Step For Them To Make It Big Again.  

Right now, Doggystyle is in dissaray, because the only album that is on the horizon for them is Snoop, and it'll be the only album that Doggystyles releases that sells over 500,000 copies.  Aftermath has some sort of idea, with Eminem's album coming in a couple of months.  But I have a hunch Eminem is gonna distance himself from Dre, especially since Eminem has improved himself as a producer, and probably wants to promote Shady Records and D12 and Obie Trice.

I'm Still Hoping Dre Doesn't Have A Massive Influence On This Album. Not Because I Ain't A Massive Fan Of Dres Work, But Because I Believe Eminem Needs To Prove Something On His Upcoming Album....Plus Without Dre We Might Be Able To Hear Some Infinite Sort Of Stuff.

Suge has lpans at least, with Crooked I's debut album in April, and albums from Eastwood, Nina, and possible Kurupt and J. Valentine.  Once the artists get more exposure and interviews, Suge will be in the media spotlight a little less, although pretty much everyone wants a Suge Knight interview cuz when Suge speaks, everyone listens.  When Suge talks, people respond to it, bitch about it, say what a joke, etc, even when shit happens like what he said at the Summit.  Like former Chicago White Sox owner Bill Veeck said, "any publicity is good publicity", and whether you like him or not, every word you speak on Suge is giving him free publicty and people will want to check out more of what he says.

Exactly What I've Been Saying.

bez

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2002, 06:37:54 AM »
Interesting!

antt213

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2002, 07:01:31 AM »

The Nate Dogg thing REALLY pissed me off, As Much as Nate's done for dre over the years, dre can't do 1 single Nate Dogg song?  That's bitchmade.

didn't dre do "your wife" ?
all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

Hittman

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2002, 07:04:10 AM »

The Nate Dogg thing REALLY pissed me off, As Much as Nate's done for dre over the years, dre can't do 1 single Nate Dogg song?  That's bitchmade.

LOL....People Hating On Dre Now... I Also Remember When I Use To Give NO Respect To Dre, And Everyone Hated On Me.  :)

Joachim

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2002, 07:12:14 AM »
Suge keeps talking, but he still aint saying anything i wanna hear. As for Crooked I, i know he's so damn hood and all but imo, he's the poor mans Chino XL.

Hittman

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2002, 07:15:45 AM »
Suge keeps talking, but he still aint saying anything i wanna hear. As for Crooked I, i know he's so damn hood and all but imo, he's the poor mans Chino XL.

Chino XL And Crooked I Are Very Similar Artists, But There Both Good, Very Nearly On The Same Level. I Would Rate Chino XL Higher Because He Has More Material Out. When Crooked I Drops His Album, It's Going To Be Tight As Fuck - I Can Sense It.  :)