Author Topic: SUGE SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT DPGC  (Read 1436 times)

Antonio

Re: SUGE SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT DPGC
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2002, 01:39:28 PM »
No offense, but you seem a little confused Antonio.

Confused? Was the Lakers methaphor too hard for you to understand it? Ok, sorry then. I'll use the Pokemon characters next time.  ;D

Jome

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2002, 01:44:22 PM »

Confused? The Lakes methaphor was too hard for you to understand it? Ok, sorry then. I'll use the Pokemon characters next time.  ;D

Ha-ha-haaaa
I mean it seems like you hopping back and forth from camp to camp. One time you praise Dre/Snoop etc., next time you praise Suge & Tha Row, and then going back and forth, not sure on which camp you should decide to support.

Just some thoughts after reading most of your posts.

Antonio

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2002, 01:52:05 PM »

Ha-ha-haaaa
I mean it seems like you hopping back and forth from camp to camp. One time you praise Dre/Snoop etc., next time you praise Suge & Tha Row, and then going back and forth, not sure on which camp you should decide to support.

Just some thoughts after reading most of your posts.

Yeah! ;D
I was joking about Pokemon. But.. i never praised nobody (expecially Dre/Snoop). I dont support camps. I'm not a Death Row fan. Or a DPG fan. I'm a good music fan. A West fan. Like my homie Axle. I recognize Dre is tight, the number one. But i still recognize he made and he's making a lot of mistakes. I recognize Snoop was a star, but he aint "my" Snoop no more, from some years, and he's making mistakes. Daz? I love him, but.. he's out of his mind now. Death Row? I hated em for what they did to Pac, but i recognize they made rappers's gangsta image more than lyrics or beats.

I dont really care about labels or camps. For real.

PAC WAS MY ONLY LABEL/CAMP! HE WAS THE BEST. CALL ME A PAC DICKRIDER. I LOVED HIM. I GOT HIS POSTER IN MY WALL. But i like good music/rappers. Not camps. It's not bloods vs crips for me. No DR vs DPG. Like it was no Ruthless vs Death Row. But good Ruthless and good Death Row. It's the same now.

;)

btw this shit about Suge fucking Daz's wife is too funny!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Alex_Wreck

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Wreccless Beats
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2002, 01:57:32 PM »
do ya'll really think crooked I can fuck with all dpgc members, oh pleez  ::)

Yes.

Jome

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2002, 02:02:47 PM »
Ooooh, a relaxed, unrioting Tonio-post? ;D
So yer really searchin the truth behind the music, trying to find some answers?
I've given up that, that's exactly what they wants us to do, especially Suge, with his "relaxed gangsta"-image.

Remember when Suge was in jail, anybody be like: "Yeah, Suge gettin raped in jail, he aint gonna be shit ever again"

Now he making silly statements all over the place, getting all the headlines, making a easy comeback to the rapgame.

I bet he planned all the statements in prison, sitting in his prison-cell planning optimal publicity-stunts.
He's a sly guy, he knows what makes the game.

Antonio

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2002, 02:09:22 PM »
Ooooh, a relaxed, unrioting Tonio-post? ;D
So yer really searchin the truth behind the music, trying to find some answers?
I've given up that, that's exactly what they wants us to do, especially Suge, with his "relaxed gangsta"-image.

Remember when Suge was in jail, anybody be like: "Yeah, Suge gettin raped in jail, he aint gonna be shit ever again"

Now he making silly statements all over the place, getting all the headlines, making a easy comeback to the rapgame.

I bet he planned all the statements in prison, sitting in his prison-cell planning optimal publicity-stunts.
He's a sly guy, he knows what makes the game.

Hell yeah! Btw it looks like Suge raped Daz's wife in jail. LOL! Not that he was raped in jail. I mean... Daz said he got a relation with his wife from about 5 months, lol! Damn.. this shit is too funny! At the very end i'm enjoying it! LOL! Everyday something new. It's better than Beautiful! (the soap opera)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2002, 03:23:02 PM »
Everybody is talkin about Daz,Kurupt,Snoop,Nate,Warren G and Dr.Dre but DPGC also contains Soopafly

Also I Think That DPGC aint Dead...sure they aint the same as before but they R still there.Also Kurupt shouldnt have to go Bacc to Tha Row he could go to Def Jam or sum similar Labels.

Snoop is now claimin Dogghouse but still claimin DPGC,and he is down with Nate dogg ,Dr.Dre,Warren G,Soopafly..Daz(I dont know but Mission cleopatra is tight)also he is busy doing different stuff .

Soopafly is Claimin Dogghouse & Dogg Pound

Warren G he wants everybody to pay attention to him

Kurupt Switch gang

Daz ?????

So the result...Snoop wants to take the DPG name by doing different stuff like clothing, movies and his label.Also if we're not gonna c another DPGC album its all because of kurupt because Daz is down with Snoop like before ,and everybody got together but Kurupt fucked that shit up.In fact if the DPG album was successful without Snoop,Nate Dogg,Soopafly & Warren G  I dont know why it could Be Successful without kurupt,Dogghouse Records got the greatest production team in Tha west anywayz.

So DPGC may c the light again one day just hold on

Big BpG

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2002, 08:41:14 PM »
T

Did you see Dre on Nate's cd?  Nope, he's too busy working with new guys, so he can add that under his belt and say "Yeah,I made Knoc famous".  Why can't he do 2 tracks for Knoc, 2 tracks for Kurupt?  He's working with Missy Elliot, for petes sake.  WHY?  She sucks.  I can understand him wanting to work with people, but not forsaking your own crew over it.  The Nate Dogg thing REALLY pissed me off, As Much as Nate's done for dre over the years, dre can't do 1 single Nate Dogg song?  That's bitchmade.

Dre produced and appeared on Nate Dogg's album "music and me" ... I forgot the track title, but yes, he did do a song for nate

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2002, 09:01:24 PM »
"Suge is out there making moves, getting himself known, which is something that can't be said for Snoop Dogg (music wise anyways), Daz, or even Dre to a certain extent."
AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH

"About Suge.... when you talk about him, remember he's the best CEO in the rap history."  ::)
Sorry...but RUSSEL SIMMONS is the best CEO in the rap history,DEATH HOE can't fuck with Def Jam.

Antonio

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2002, 12:36:43 AM »
"Suge is out there making moves, getting himself known, which is something that can't be said for Snoop Dogg (music wise anyways), Daz, or even Dre to a certain extent."
AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH

"About Suge.... when you talk about him, remember he's the best CEO in the rap history."  ::)
Sorry...but RUSSEL SIMMONS is the best CEO in the rap history,DEATH HOE can't fuck with Def Jam.

Russel Simmons? Yeah, maybe! They both tight! Well.. different labels, different kind of labels. Gangsta vs Hip-Hop.

Btw..

Tell me a single label with all this talent!

Not to mention, if you talk about sales, that they went platinum pratically with every album they made before they sent Suge to jail!

Well.. it's different from Def Jam. Def Jam got promotions, got NYC kids buying their cds, got MTV & BET playing their videos, they make parties like every week to promote their rappers/cds, etc..

Death Row is just gangsta! So different approach. You cant compare the two labels. Compare Death Row to DPG Records. Or to Dogghouse (even if Dogghouse is more like Def Jam, nothing Gangsta/underground in it!)

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2002, 02:33:37 AM »
I don't wanna compare the two labels,'cause you've said:
"About Suge.... when you talk about him, remember he's the best CEO in the rap history",i want to compare the 2 ceos.

*from the source*
-44 year old Russell simmons is past power.
Power was 10 years ago,when he was the hands-on chief of Def jam recordings,the company he founded with Rick Rubin in 1985.Now,it's about influence.After creating the prototype for a hip hop mogul-own a label(def jam),clothing company(phat farm),magazine(one world)-Simmons is on to the next level.
His d-Rush Advertising Agency boasts blue-chip clients like Coca Cola and Hbo.Simmons doesn't just hoard all these checks; his Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation has funneled over $500.000 to programs that expose disadvantaged urban youth to the arts.His 2001 hip hop summit brought together artists like P.diddy and politicians like Rep.Cynthia Mckinney to hash out a more politically active path for rap.
He followed up witha Hip hop Action Network to make financial contributions to hip hop friendly politicians.
He even whipped down to DC to rep rap at the 2001 Congressional Black Caucus.In 2002,while continuing to reap the benefits of his various endeavors,expect Simmons to do for poetry what he did for comedy:His Hbo Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry special will undoubtedly popularize spoken-word poetry.
The Def Jam catalog collected its ninth platinum plaque in 2001 for the Beastie Boys' License to Ill released back in 1986.
This year def jam embraced technology and concentrated on expanding their market share (29.3 in 2001).
By partnering with mp3.com they were able to promote their music on the Internet despite of the dot-com fallout.
The partnership translated into a groundbreaking joint venture with Brilliant Digital Entertainment called Digital Hip Hop that will hone in on interactive digital music videos....."

Sorry Antuan,but suge knight aint got shit on Russell Simmons.
NEVER!

"Or to Dogghouse (even if Dogghouse is more like Def Jam, nothing Gangsta/underground in it!)."U are a little bit obsessed
about Snoop and dogghouse records.Every argument/discussion,at the end....always against snoop/dogghouse with no reason.  ::)  ::)

"Tell me a single label with all this talent! "
The picture is tight....but those artist,if u didn't know,aren't anymore of Death row.

Death hoe records aint got shit on Def jam ;)

Crenshaw_blvd

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2002, 02:39:07 AM »
About the "Dre and nate dogg thing".....dre has paid the bail for Nate dogg when he was arrested 1 year a go.
...and i'm pretty sure that when Detox drops,all the Dre haters will be on his dick again.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2002, 05:07:04 AM »
I said this a while back, but this is more proof that the balance of power has shifted from Aftermath/DoggyStyle to Tha Row.  

Suge a joke??????  Suge at least has a gameplan or idea of wht he's gonna do.  Looking at the "DPGC", that thing is dead, because as antonio mentioned, it means different things to different people.  DoggyStyle and Aftermath have not made any major move to bolster their roster.  I know some will claim "what about E-White?", and what about him?  Have you ever heard him rap?  The only thing he's done is write 2 songs for Warren G, yet I saw a post the other day claiming E-White is "great".  Snoop is the only money maker on his label, and the sad thing is that the artists on his fuckin label KNOW THAT.  Why do you think Tray Deee and Goldie Loc released or going to release underground albums?  Because they know they can make more $$$$ underground than if they released a solo album that song 100,000 max, even with videos, radio play, etc.  Look at Aftermath, The Wash soundtrack, which was supposed to be such a great album, flopped BADLY.  Dre is just tryin to build up his resume instead of making one or 2 bangin albums for people.  Nate Dogg's album flopped because his homies weren't their for him.  Why do you think Nate Dogg pimped himself out to different artists for hooks?  Nate Dogg was on a few tracks on 2001, Last Meal, and Eastsidaz, and what do Snoop and Dre do to return the favor?  One fuckin song each.  Kurupt was down with Nate, which is why Kurupt appeared on more than one song on "Music and Me".  Right now, Doggystyle is in dissaray, because the only album that is on the horizon for them is Snoop, and it'll be the only album that Doggystyles releases that sells over 500,000 copies.  Aftermath has some sort of idea, with Eminem's album coming in a couple of months.  But I have a hunch Eminem is gonna distance himself from Dre, especially since Eminem has improved himself as a producer, and probably wants to promote Shady Records and D12 and Obie Trice.  Suge has lpans at least, with Crooked I's debut album in April, and albums from Eastwood, Nina, and possible Kurupt and J. Valentine.  Once the artists get more exposure and interviews, Suge will be in the media spotlight a little less, although pretty much everyone wants a Suge Knight interview cuz when Suge speaks, everyone listens.  When Suge talks, people respond to it, bitch about it, say what a joke, etc, even when shit happens like what he said at the Summit.  Like former Chicago White Sox owner Bill Veeck said, "any publicity is good publicity", and whether you like him or not, every word you speak on Suge is giving him free publicty and people will want to check out more of what he says.

On Point. I give Suge the respect if he's makin moves and not hatin and talkin about the same thangz all the time (dre, snoop)
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Antonio

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2002, 05:15:33 AM »
I don't wanna compare the two labels,'cause you've said:
"About Suge.... when you talk about him, remember he's the best CEO in the rap history",i want to compare the 2 ceos.

*from the source*
-44 year old Russell simmons is past power.
Power was 10 years ago,when he was the hands-on chief of Def jam recordings,the company he founded with Rick Rubin in 1985.Now,it's about influence.After creating the prototype for a hip hop mogul-own a label(def jam),clothing company(phat farm),magazine(one world)-Simmons is on to the next level.
His d-Rush Advertising Agency boasts blue-chip clients like Coca Cola and Hbo.Simmons doesn't just hoard all these checks; his Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation has funneled over $500.000 to programs that expose disadvantaged urban youth to the arts.His 2001 hip hop summit brought together artists like P.diddy and politicians like Rep.Cynthia Mckinney to hash out a more politically active path for rap.
He followed up witha Hip hop Action Network to make financial contributions to hip hop friendly politicians.
He even whipped down to DC to rep rap at the 2001 Congressional Black Caucus.In 2002,while continuing to reap the benefits of his various endeavors,expect Simmons to do for poetry what he did for comedy:His Hbo Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry special will undoubtedly popularize spoken-word poetry.
The Def Jam catalog collected its ninth platinum plaque in 2001 for the Beastie Boys' License to Ill released back in 1986.
This year def jam embraced technology and concentrated on expanding their market share (29.3 in 2001).
By partnering with mp3.com they were able to promote their music on the Internet despite of the dot-com fallout.
The partnership translated into a groundbreaking joint venture with Brilliant Digital Entertainment called Digital Hip Hop that will hone in on interactive digital music videos....."

Sorry Antuan,but suge knight aint got shit on Russell Simmons.
NEVER!

"Or to Dogghouse (even if Dogghouse is more like Def Jam, nothing Gangsta/underground in it!)."U are a little bit obsessed
about Snoop and dogghouse records.Every argument/discussion,at the end....always against snoop/dogghouse with no reason.  ::)  ::)

"Tell me a single label with all this talent! "
The picture is tight....but those artist,if u didn't know,aren't anymore of Death row.

Death hoe records aint got shit on Def jam ;)

Myrealname.. i can agree with you about Russel. I said i cant compare the 2 CEOs. As persons, it's obvious that i prefeer a professionist to a gangsta. That wasnt my point. But Suge created an emperor just like Russel. Let's say Russel first and Suge second. Ok? But i dont remember Def Jam having a real impact in the rap history. I mean.. do u remember Death Row back in the days? They made an impact for real. The first label who sold millions and millions of copies with GANGSTA RAP.

Btw... everybody can say his theory, they all good. Let's make a tie, it wasnt the point of the post.

About Dogghouse, i just said it's different from Death Row now. I mean.. almost every video Snoop/Dogghouse made went to MTV/BET. They got exposure. The media likes Snoop. Etc. Death Row is more ghetto right now. It's like DPG. He's using the web a lot cause they got a lot of fans from internet, and not from BET or MTV. I didnt diss Snoop, man. I didnt diss a single guy in this post. Dont take everything personal or Snoop related. I was just trying to look at things from a different prospective. Cause it's too easy to say DPGC is dead because of Kurupt. It aint true. And 90% of us agree with it. Like i wrote, i'm not a DPG fan or DEATH ROW fan. I'm just a West Coast fan. And i was thinking about why things really went so bad from the same day DPGC left Death Row. Why they aint united no more? Why 0 albums of the DPGC? Why 0 albums of 213? And why some of em still rep DPGC or 213 or NWA when they are all dissing each others? Just for promotion?

I really think it's the end of an era. Not the end of the rappers. It's not the end of Snoop. Or Kurupt. But of an era. The DPGC era. I just wanted to talk about the real reasons. And the reason aint Suge. Or Kurupt. Cause Kurupt was with DPGC even before joining Death Row. With the results you all wrote. Nate is still repping DPGC. With the results u all wrote. Same with Daz.

WHY?

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2002, 08:14:58 AM »
this is the first time that i am gonna say that i agree with everthing suge said in that interview...

i mean think....he is the reason kurupt came into the spotlight in the firstplace...he is the only person who was prepared to help kurupt...daz is acting like a bitch....puffy won't be on tha row killa...

and as for people checking the forums...of course they are gonna do that these days...cos as u know the biggest form of communication these days is the internet...just say someone starts off a rumour thats bad for the label...lots of different people from different hoods, states and countries are gonna pick up on that rumour and it's gonna spread fast...so those kinds of things have to be checked out!