Author Topic: where does suicide bombing fit in to the muslim agenda?  (Read 323 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: where does suicide bombing fit in to the muslim agenda?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »
But Allah (or God, since we seem to be using them almost interchangably)

they are interchangeable.
I agree. But some people are senstive about it being used that way.

But Allah prescribed this harm on to the person I beat up (in this hypothetical case, Infinte). So how can I be the aggersor (or how can I be the only aggresor invloved if Allah/God prescribed it).

you chose to be the aggressor.  god allows and directs your aggression.  do you play chess?  it's like a chess board.  you define your rank, god makes the moves.  if you choose to be an aggressor; god will use you when aggression is needed.  if you choose not to be the aggressor, god will use another of his pawns. 

the choice is yours to define (and redefine) your role in life...
That makes more sence then what Inifite was saing. He used the word perscribed

pre·scribe  Pronunciation  (pr-skrb)
v. pre·scribed, pre·scrib·ing, pre·scribes
v. tr.

1. To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin. See Synonyms at dictate.
   2. To order the use of (a medicine or other treatment).

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 05:06:39 PM »
That makes more sence then what Inifite was saing. He used the word prescribed
v. tr.

this is a similar issue to the discussion in the easter thread.  will you argue the semantics of his choice of vocabulary and ignore the gist of what he is saying?

the second definition of prescribe is actually the definition infinite was using.  he said "allah prescribed for them"; thus "a prescription for the victim", and not "a rule/command for the aggressor"; as you interpretted it in your original refutation.  you misinterpretted his usage.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:08:22 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 05:21:28 PM »
That makes more sence then what Inifite was saing. He used the word prescribed
v. tr.

this is a similar issue to the discussion in the easter thread.  will you argue the semantics of his choice of vocabulary and ignore the gist of what he is saying?

the second definition of prescribe is actually the definition infinite was using.  he said "allah prescribed for them"; thus "a prescription for the victim", and not "a rule/command for the aggressor"; as you interpretted it in your original refutation.  you misinterpretted his usage.
I would have been ignoring the gist of what he was saying if I was argueing about how America dosen't not = livng a lie.  (I thought he already discussed this) But I wanted to address this because Infitie ignored my responce to his "Allah perscribing harm" statement in it's original post. The thread was about "Afgan May Get Death Sentance for Converting To Christianity" and Infinite posts what he did. And I seriously needed some clerification from him (check my response in the same thread), because to me it just seemed like he was accepting this man's death because it was Allah's will. But he just left it at that. But I still beilive that your explination (which I agree with) is a lot better then his (none).

coola

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 10:27:19 PM »
i mean, since youre all so preachy about being muslim 24/7...

First of all, I don't know if what you are describing constitutes suicide.  The Qu'ran condemns suicide, in the sense that one selfishly takes their own life because they are dissatisfied with what Allah has given them.  Many scholars believe that sacrificing one's own life in battle, in defense of oppressed people is not suicide but rather that it is martyrdom.

The Noble Qu'ran explains the Islamic perspective that if you die for the sake of Allah in resistance against oppression, then your sins are forgiven and you attain paradise.  

2:154 Do not say of those who are killed in the cause of GOD, "They are dead." They are alive at their Lord, but you do not perceive.

...So you see, a Muslim lives and dies in submission to Allah. 

this is the no.1 main problem with islam... crazy terrorists have nothing to live for, so they think if they blow themselves up, they are guaranteed paradise... works beautiful for terrorist leaders, they have an unlimitied supply of walking bombs.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 11:02:06 PM »

this is the no.1 main problem with islam... crazy terrorists have nothing to live for, so they think if they blow themselves up, they are guaranteed paradise... works beautiful for terrorist leaders, they have an unlimitied supply of walking bombs.

naw...youre off....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

coola

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 04:12:29 AM »
^ enlighten me oh great one.