Author Topic: Hip-Hop's Elite on 'Their Greatest MCs Of All Time'  (Read 1064 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hip-Hop's Elite on 'Their Greatest MCs Of All Time'
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »
wow, no Redman? ....   :grumpy:

For real, Redman is his prime was unfuckwittable.

Whut the Album and Dare is a Darkside > Reasonable Doubt

Back to the argument at hand.

I respect every one of the originators, I respect their opinions. I disagree on that part. To put Jay-Z with the elites of hip hop emcees to me is baffling. I don't see what makes him an elite. I'm not saying he sucks but to be considered an elite, you have to have something special. Your music should mean something. It's not enough just to have talent, your music should make some sort of difference. Jay-Z's name to fame is bragging about his money and bragging about drug dealing with some half hearted attempts to be conscious. I've never felt him from jump. If that's your cup of tea, cool, if it's their cup of tea cool but it's not mine.

Compare that to people like Krs, Chuck, Pac, Cube, Scarface, Nas, their music meant something. They were saying something. It made a difference.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 06:54:58 PM »
^^ Cause most of them are from NY. Jay-z is a good rapper, but just above average and not at the top. Believe me.

c'mon for christ sakes, thats the lamest fuckin excuse... why cant you guys just admit jay got skill and hes a dope rapper....
He does have skills and he is a dope rapper, bet he is still overrated.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 07:38:57 PM »

jay z is a real good mc. some of his verses r just straight up sick and he does have some nasty one liners but i wouldnt say he is the GOAT. never. but i would still give im his props as he has put out some great music and was one of the best rappers in the game in his prime.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 12:59:55 AM »
its obvious that their only aiming for overrated commercialized mcs....half if not most of these dudes arent the greatest...cuz there is and was underrated and underground rappers that are and were better than most mcs they said....redman aint on it cuz he nevr went platinum....

Okka

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 03:11:32 AM »
Nice to see Snoop get mentioned  8)

ABN

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 07:31:16 AM »
how the fuck they gonna leave G Rap out? if you seriously think that Jay is better then G Rap you need to get slapped back to reality.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 08:11:29 AM »
jay is top 5...no question...

other mc's excel in certain aspects of the art...jay excels in pretty much all of them...

content=when he wants to....
flow=pretty unfuckwitable...
rhyme scheme=he has sooo many
metas=jays wordplay is disgustin
diss tracks=takeover was lyrical assasination..an imma biiiiiiggg nas fan...but dat 1 verse @ nas.... :o
longetivity=8 or so albums...still kept his respect in the game as well as mainstream...

ya dont have to like him..but give dun his dues

jay passes any test of an emcee wit flyin colours...

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »
how the fuck they gonna leave G Rap out? if you seriously think that Jay is better then G Rap you need to get slapped back to reality.
Excatly, people always mention Jay but forget about G Rap, that's, I don't know, disrespectful.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »
content=when he wants to....

...but then most of the time he doesn't

That's your opinion,but I don't agree

rhyme scheme=he has sooo many

He can take that one

metas=jays wordplay is disgustin

Too bad his voice is horrible

diss tracks=takeover was lyrical assasination..an imma biiiiiiggg nas fan...but dat 1 verse @ nas.... :o

Can be.

longetivity=8 or so albums...still kept his respect in the game as well as mainstream...

That doesn't have to say much. I could make 8 horrible albums and as long as people buy it and I have a loyal (if small) fanbase, I could claim the same
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
its obvious that their only aiming for overrated commercialized mcs....half if not most of these dudes arent the greatest...cuz there is and was underrated and underground rappers that are and were better than most mcs they said....redman aint on it cuz he nevr went platinum....
Doc's Da Name and Blackout went platinum.

Fressh_Deini

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • G-Funk
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »
Longetivity? 1996 - 2003...uhm that is 7 years. Most MC's are in the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. Too Sheezy 21 years, LL 21 years, Ice Cube 17 years?? etc. etc.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 04:03:11 PM »
Longetivity? 1996 - 2003...uhm that is 7 years. Most MC's are in the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. Too Sheezy 21 years, LL 21 years, Ice Cube 17 years?? etc. etc.

with his success?
NO MORE WAR

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »

most emcees are actually in the game for like 2 years, great emcees are in the game and on top for that long. Ice Cube's true career was from 1988 to 1994, with 1996 to 2006 being more of an actor who drops albums sometimes.

WestCoasta

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 07:23:24 PM »

how do u sleep at night?

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »
no ones saying Jay-Z is garbage hes far from it he's made some great music but nothing has great as any of the other rappers mentioned,his influence is from the things hes done outside of rap(label,clothes,armendale etc.) he shouldnt crack any top 15 list imo def a top 20 list though