Poll

Wait for PS3 or get a 360?

PS3
8 (57.1%)
Xbox 360
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Choices choices, wait for PS3 or just go with a 360??  (Read 1661 times)

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
Choices choices, wait for PS3 or just go with a 360??
« on: April 19, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »
I need your guys' help.....i've been debating this for about 3 months now. I really wanna hop on the new game systems, and as much as the 360 looks pimp as fuck, I can't help but thinking the PS3 is gonna be that much better. It's hard to tell seeing as how the PS3 it isn't out yet, but some of the in game preview movies look fuckin amazing (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html) What do ya'll think?

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

DUB CC

• 'G'
Re: Choices choices, wait for PS3 or just go with a 360??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:02:59 PM »
wait for ps3.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »
If money isn't an issue, definatly go with the PS3.

Šųšļå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:08:20 PM »

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 07:36:36 PM »
I need your guys' help.....i've been debating this for about 3 months now. I really wanna hop on the new game systems, and as much as the 360 looks pimp as fuck, I can't help but thinking the PS3 is gonna be that much better. It's hard to tell seeing as how the PS3 it isn't out yet, but some of the in game preview movies look fuckin amazing (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html) What do ya'll think?

wow, the graphics from that killzone game look amazin

how much is ps3 gonna cost?   like 600 US?
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 08:21:27 PM »
^^^i've heard about $500 US. but then again, it was also rumoured that it was gonna come out in the spring  ::)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 10:45:09 PM »
^^^i've heard about $500 US. but then again, it was also rumoured that it was gonna come out in the spring  ::)

i don't know man.  $500 bucks??  that's a lil bit considering it's also a blueray player and the cheapest blueray player i've seen was 1,800.  i don't know why sony would attempt to compete with 360s price.  i was like you at one point, thinking PS3 was gonna shit all over 360 and i decided to wait for it and save up but dude i just couldn't wait any longer, i got my 360 and that shit is fuckin dope i'm glad i bought it.  Xbox live shits on Sony's online gaming and the graphics are fuckin dope (fight night 3, call of duty, and so forth)  But with that said i will eventually buy a PS3 when it's not as expensive.  not because of the gaming but because of the blueray
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:14 PM »

i don't know man.  $500 bucks??  that's a lil bit considering it's also a blueray player and the cheapest blueray player i've seen was 1,800.  i don't know why sony would attempt to compete with 360s price.  i was like you at one point, thinking PS3 was gonna shit all over 360 and i decided to wait for it and save up but dude i just couldn't wait any longer, i got my 360 and that shit is fuckin dope i'm glad i bought it.  Xbox live shits on Sony's online gaming and the graphics are fuckin dope (fight night 3, call of duty, and so forth)  But with that said i will eventually buy a PS3 when it's not as expensive.  not because of the gaming but because of the blueray
That thought is what sony is banking on.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 10:55:55 PM »

yeah true but i see 360 running away with this for a while then i believe it will even out as soon as the price for PS3 comes down, however long that will take.  i think 360 is the shit but we haven't seen what PS3 can do but we also haven't seen what it can't do.  basically it's all talk from Sony at the moment, so we really cant say much about PS3 so we'll have to wait and see.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 11:12:04 PM »
i'm thinking the blu ray technology will take games to the next level, simply because of the fact that they can store so much more data (hence higher texture graphics, etc) but, if the PS3 launches at $600 or higher, it will be hard to get the sales the 360 achieved within it's first few months of release. 400 was high enough for me. $600 for the average game consumer is simply too expensive, no matter what the graphics/features. if you spend that much you're better off building your own desktop with a bad ass graphic cards. this is why im skeptical. if the ps3 does lauch at 600+ i will probably end up just getting the 360 (for console exclusive games such as halo etc.) i guess time will tell.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 11:16:46 PM »

yeah true but i see 360 running away with this for a while then i believe it will even out as soon as the price for PS3 comes down, however long that will take.  i think 360 is the shit but we haven't seen what PS3 can do but we also haven't seen what it can't do.  basically it's all talk from Sony at the moment, so we really cant say much about PS3 so we'll have to wait and see.
That's what I fear. 360 has all the hyphe. They got the head start in the race. There are already PS fans buying 360's cause they heard good things, they're already out, and got too anxious/impatient (for good reasons I admit). That bluray better be some crazy shit.

i'm thinking the blu ray technology will take games to the next level, simply because of the fact that they can store so much more data (hence higher texture graphics, etc) but, if the PS3 launches at $600 or higher, it will be hard to get the sales the 360 achieved within it's first few months of release. 400 was high enough for me. $600 for the average game consumer is simply too expensive, no matter what the graphics/features. if you spend that much you're better off building your own desktop with a bad ass graphic cards. this is why im skeptical. if the ps3 does lauch at 600+ i will probably end up just getting the 360 (for console exclusive games such as halo etc.) i guess time will tell.
100% agree. Although I probably still won't buy a 360. I'll just hang it up all together (I need to stay focused at this point in my life anyways) till I get older.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 11:22:47 PM »
Aight
1. that killzone stuff is pre rendered meaning that thats what the developer hopes/expects it will look like.
2. PS3 is coming out in november so u got a 7 month wait,plus theres no real price set for the ps3,but it is rumored to be pretty damn expensive.
If i was u  id get the 360 now,you wont regret it. Like homie said,tight graphics,xbox live is amazin,good gameplay,nice controller, solid lineup of games ,what else could u want? And people thinking that the ps3 graphics r gonna be wayy better than the 360 graphics r gonna be pretty surprised,since there both pretty much have the same power....

so all in all id say cop the 360,great system, ive had one since launch so if u got any questions feel free to ask 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 11:24:16 PM »
I think people are overrating the price of the PS3 affecting its sales. remember the cheaper, core system of the 360 didn't sell as musch. And people were paying outrages prices for the Premium system on EBay. And according to Game Informer the PS3 WILL ship with a 60 GB Hard Drive.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 11:48:41 PM »
I think people are overrating the price of the PS3 affecting its sales. remember the cheaper, core system of the 360 didn't sell as musch. And people were paying outrages prices for the Premium system on EBay. And according to Game Informer the PS3 WILL ship with a 60 GB Hard Drive.

i just think it'll be way too much for the average consumer.  my xbox360 with a 2 year warranty was about 500+, the 60 GB hard drive from what i heard isn't a for sure thing meaning, it isn't known if Sony will charge extra for it or will sell it separate from the PS3.  we'll have to wait and see but i read in the Official Playstation magazine that, Sony is basically copying Mircosoft's Xbox live and if they were to sell their systems for even 500 or 600 Sony would be the Red no doubt for some time.  Blueray technology is just too new, IMO, to sell so cheap.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 11:59:29 PM »

i just think it'll be way too much for the average consumer.  my xbox360 with a 2 year warranty was about 500+, the 60 GB hard drive from what i heard isn't a for sure thing meaning, it isn't known if Sony will charge extra for it or will sell it separate from the PS3.  we'll have to wait and see but i read in the Official Playstation magazine that, Sony is basically copying Mircosoft's Xbox live and if they were to sell their systems for even 500 or 600 Sony would be the Red no doubt for some time.  Blueray technology is just too new, IMO, to sell so cheap.
Sony is willing to sell the systems cheap. wasn't XBOX losing like $150 per system it sold? Most of the money making comes from selling games published from their own company, that's where they recoup heir loses. And Blueray tech is expensive now but a year year and a half it'll lower dramatically so Sony would be losing alot of money for just a while. And this is exactly what it says in Game Informer, "A Sony spokesperson confirmed with us that the PS3 will ship with the 60GB hard drive included, so the public will not have to purchase one seperately."