Author Topic: Last Aftermath release?  (Read 601 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Last Aftermath release?
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:04:33 PM »
Was it Eminem?  And before that I believe it was Truth Hurts.....I know this has been a topic of discussion several times, but why the fuck does it seem so difficult for an artist signed to Aftermath to drop an album?  But yet Shady or G-Unit Records drops albums consistent.  You can't blame Interscope because that's where Shady and Interscope is going through.  I guarantee if Busta Rhymes was Aftermath/GUnit his album would have dropped last year.  That's the reason Game's album will never come out now.  Because he is signed to just Aftermath....what's up with that?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Last Aftermath release?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:10:49 PM »
Dr. Dre likes to take is time, when working with artists. You can call him lazy or a perfectionist, but either way he takes a looooooong time with his work.

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:12:56 PM »
Jimmy owns more of Aftermath than Dre does, so he has more say in what albums come out when, etc. He owns nothing of Shady or G-Unit, so they more or less say what gets released when, which is why you see people signing to Aftermath/Shady, or Aftermath/whatever ..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 08:16:31 PM »
Jimmy owns more of Aftermath than Dre does, so he has more say in what albums come out when, etc. He owns nothing of Shady or G-Unit, so they more or less say what gets released when, which is why you see people signing to Aftermath/Shady, or Aftermath/whatever ..
Iovine owns Interscope. Shady and G-Unit are signed under Interscope, so in a way he does own Shady and G-Unit. If Iovine doesn't want a Shady or G-Unit album to come out he can easily make it happen.

FraserM

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 05:16:01 PM »
The last just Aftermath/interscope release was Encore. I know what you mean by aftermath taking so long 2 release an album, if you compare it 2 g-unit (they have released more in 3 years than aftermath has in 10), but if you compare the quality there is no question who wins.

AFTERMATH IN YA ASS BITCH

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 05:20:12 PM »
can u really say there has been a bad aftermath release every single album has been worth the wait.

shady records hasnt released much either, that reminds me where is stat quo shouldnt they at least b makin a lil buzz for him,everyone has forgotten bout him lately
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 05:41:16 PM »
Was it Eminem?  And before that I believe it was Truth Hurts.....I know this has been a topic of discussion several times, but why the fuck does it seem so difficult for an artist signed to Aftermath to drop an album?  But yet Shady or G-Unit Records drops albums consistent.  You can't blame Interscope because that's where Shady and Interscope is going through.  I guarantee if Busta Rhymes was Aftermath/GUnit his album would have dropped last year.  That's the reason Game's album will never come out now.  Because he is signed to just Aftermath....what's up with that?

Because Dre's already made all his money, and had all the success he could want.  He has no motivation.  It's just kind of a hobby for him now cause he enjoys the music.  This is nothing, I remember when he first left the Row for Aftermath he went three years and all he dropped was just the Aftermath Presents album and the Firm album.  This is normal for Dre.  And really when you think about it even when he was on Death Row they didn't drop albums that often.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 05:46:44 PM »

Because Dre's already made all his money, and had all the success he could want.  He has no motivation.  It's just kind of a hobby for him now cause he enjoys the music.  This is nothing, I remember when he first left the Row for Aftermath he went three years and all he dropped was just the Aftermath Presents album and the Firm album.  This is normal for Dre.  And really when you think about it even when he was on Death Row they didn't drop albums that often.

I missed the Allah comment. :(

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 05:47:41 PM »
aftermath was formed in 96 dude that year dre released Dr. Dre presents the aftermath, the next year he released the firm, 98 nothin came out and 99 he released eminem and 2001, that was three years
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

westkoastanostra

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 11:52:04 PM »
and with those 2 releases (slim shady/2001) he made tons of money...especially marshall mathers lp 6 months later...that was all he needed....he dont have to make music anymore....

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 12:02:56 AM »
Well in the XXL interview that had 50, Eminem and Dre on the cover (back when 50 was the new guy and the hype was huge) Dre said "I haven't spent all my NWA money yet." That right there gives you a small idea on just how rich the man is.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 01:52:29 AM »
1996: Dr. Dre presents... The Aftermath (misc. compilation) = Aftermath

1997: The Firm: The Album (misc. group project) = Aftermath

1999: The Slim Shady LP (Eminem) = Aftermath

1999: Chronic 2001 (Dr. Dre) = Aftermath

2000: The Marshall Mathers LP (Eminem) = Aftermath

2001: The Wash Soundtrack (misc. soundtrack) = Aftermath/Doggystyle

2002: Truthfully Speaking (Truth Hurts) = Aftermath

2002: The Eminem Show (Eminem) = Aftermath

2003: Get Rich or Die Tryin' (50 Cent) = Aftermath/Shady

2004: ENCORE (Eminem) = Aftermath

2005: The Documentary (The Game) = Aftermath/G-Unit

2005: The Massacre (50 Cent) = Aftermath/Shady

2005: Curtain Call: The Hits (mics. hits/Eminem) = Aftermath

COMING 2006:

2006: The Big Bang (Busta Rhymes) = Aftermath

2006: STATLANTA (Stat Quo) = Aftermath/Shady

..... the rest is "tba".

wardy

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 04:30:25 AM »
so in fairness aftermath had its busiest yr last yr

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 10:22:40 AM »
so in fairness aftermath had its busiest yr last yr

I'd say so. The Documentary, The Massacre & Curtain Call did a hell of a good job in record sales.

Diabolical

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 12:49:21 PM »
Truth Hurts is the worst album Aftermath has released.