Author Topic: KOBE = GREATEST OF ALL TIME  (Read 2712 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: KOBE = GREATEST OF ALL TIME
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 11:31:28 PM »
say he doesnt reach jordans status,will Kobe go down as the 2nd best player to ever play the game?

Usually they rank them as Guards and C/PF, but yes Kobe will be the 2nd best guard even if he doesnt win another title.  Let's not kid ourselves though, the reason Kobe has accomplished more at 27 than Jordan at 27 is because of some dude they had at Center a few years back.  Jordan was given the role of leader out of college, so he's never been a sidekick.  Imagine if Jordan had a dominant Center before 1991?  Anyhow, Jordan still got his title at 27 with him being the leader, Kobe hasn't done that and is barely in the process of that.  Also, Jordan's year at 27 is still better than Kobe's 2006, Jordan was much more efficient. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 07:49:42 AM »
Keep hating on Kobe , it's not a pb... he gonna prove you all wrong(still remind me the Suns"We know it's gonna be all about Kobe in this series   well fools next time they better shut up their mouth) that's why he lives for... the B-Ball court IS the only truth ... See you soon in 10 years ...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 07:56:26 AM »
Damn, if you don't call him the best you're automatically a hater?  The stats, awards, and history speak for themselves. 

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 08:00:44 AM »
say he doesnt reach jordans status,will Kobe go down as the 2nd best player to ever play the game?

Usually they rank them as Guards and C/PF, but yes Kobe will be the 2nd best guard even if he doesnt win another title.  Let's not kid ourselves though, the reason Kobe has accomplished more at 27 than Jordan at 27 is because of some dude they had at Center a few years back.  Jordan was given the role of leader out of college, so he's never been a sidekick.  Imagine if Jordan had a dominant Center before 1991?  Anyhow, Jordan still got his title at 27 with him being the leader, Kobe hasn't done that and is barely in the process of that.  Also, Jordan's year at 27 is still better than Kobe's 2006, Jordan was much more efficient. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 08:16:14 AM »
Damn, if you don't call him the best you're automatically a hater?  The stats, awards, and history speak for themselves. 
I don't say Kobe is better than Jordan coz he's not (at least yet)... but I talk about the whole hate around him like...

1) Kobe doesn't make his teammates better ... wrong
2) He's not the MVP .... wrong
3) and so on....

If you people  just tried to stay objective about him, there wouldl be no pb about it... Jordan>>> Kobe no pb about that coz it's true.  I admit I'm a huge LA and Kobe fan but he ain't neither god or perfect , he did mistakes BUT he's still an INCREDIBLE player , just admit it... You can't deny there is a lot of  hate, and a huge part of it without reasons,  on Kobe, especially coming from media.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:22 AM »
lol @ people that try to take away from kobe's greatness b/c he played with shaq. I guess Magic is not great b/c he played with Kareem or Stockton is not great b/c he played with Malone.

And enough with this Jordan shit, Every Great Player did something different that made them great.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 09:21:49 AM »
I hope the Lakers reach the finals this playoffs, although it's not likely... then Kobe's greatness would be proved, since he's surrounded by such a poor roster
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 09:28:15 AM »

I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Jordan never took a team with starters that would be in the NBDL if it wasn't for him and made them a dangerous team, as Kobe has this year. Jordan always had Pippen, even without Jordan, the Bulls were strong in the playoffs...As for Jordan being more efficient...You could look at Jordan the wrong way and get called for a foul. Kobe doesn't get that respect from the refs, he gets pounded when he takes it in without calls, and with the new zone-defense rule, that has him settling for a lot more jump-shots...And like I've pointed out numerous times, Jordan only has a higher FG% because he didn't take NEARLY as many three's as Kobe, which obviously drops your percentage...Like I said, we'll see when it's all said and done. ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 09:30:27 AM »
lol @ people that try to take away from kobe's greatness b/c he played with shaq. I guess Magic is not great b/c he played with Kareem or Stockton is not great b/c he played with Malone.

And enough with this Jordan shit, Every Great Player did something different that made them great.

It's also hilarious when you take into account that he played alongside Pippen his whole career, one of the best defenders ever, and at the time EASILY a top 5 player. The contradictions are incredible...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 09:32:44 AM »
I hope the Lakers reach the finals this playoffs, although it's not likely... then Kobe's greatness would be proved, since he's surrounded by such a poor roster

We proved our roster isn't poor...Maybe it would be had Kobe not been on the team, but he pushes those guys like no other...His greatness just shines right through him from every angle...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »
I don't say Kobe is better than Jordan coz he's not (at least yet)... but I talk about the whole hate around him like...

3) and so on....

If you people  just tried to stay objective about him, there wouldl be no pb about it... Jordan>>> Kobe no pb about that coz it's true.  I admit I'm a huge LA and Kobe fan but he ain't neither god or perfect , he did mistakes BUT he's still an INCREDIBLE player , just admit it... You can't deny there is a lot of  hate, and a huge part of it without reasons,  on Kobe, especially coming from media.

You want to know why people hate Kobe?  It's because of fans that dismiss Jordan like if he was just another really good player but praise Kobe for being a legend. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 10:06:31 AM »

3) and so on....

You want to know why people hate Kobe?  It's because of fans that dismiss Jordan like if he was just another really good player but praise Kobe for being a legend. 

1.That's an EXTREMELY dumb reason to hate on Kobe. Because of idiots who don't know basketball, you hate on a a living legend in his prime?
2.Anyone who says Jordan is just another really good player IS an idiot who doesn't know basketball.
3.I don't think the majority of us have been saying anything like that. In fact, most of us have acknowledged that he's the greatest as of now.

:-*

rik

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 10:06:56 AM »
Who gives a fuck who's better? This is going to be a never ending discussion because it is peoples opinion. Alls I know is that the Lakers are going to the second round like I knew they would than after they get passed the Clippers they will be playing in the Conference Finals just like Greg Anthony Boldly Predicted.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 10:07:40 AM »

I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Jordan never took a team with starters that would be in the NBDL if it wasn't for him and made them a dangerous team, as Kobe has this year. Jordan always had Pippen, even without Jordan, the Bulls were strong in the playoffs...As for Jordan being more efficient...You could look at Jordan the wrong way and get called for a foul. Kobe doesn't get that respect from the refs, he gets pounded when he takes it in without calls, and with the new zone-defense rule, that has him settling for a lot more jump-shots...And like I've pointed out numerous times, Jordan only has a higher FG% because he didn't take NEARLY as many three's as Kobe, which obviously drops your percentage...Like I said, we'll see when it's all said and done. ;)

-Jordan was still #1, Pippen was still #2...Jordan was still the most important piece. 
-So is it Jordan's fault that he's just smarter than Kobe then?  If Kobe knows that him shooting 3s hurt him more than help, then why doesn't he change his approach? By the time he changes his approach, he won't be able to drive to the basket as often and thanks to that his efficiency when it comes to FGs will still be lower. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 10:08:07 AM »
they will be playing in the Conference Finals just like Greg Anthony Sccit Boldly Predicted.