Author Topic: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?  (Read 4124 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Is Akon the new Eastcoast Nate Dogg?
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2006, 01:08:54 PM »
I thought it was "End Of Discussion"???

You obviously didn't prove shit cuz you're still at it. Talk about dumb. So someone can make 5 Street tracks for every 1 Pop track and still be considered Pop? So you're saying a dude like Jadakiss would be Pop? Yukmouth? Royce Da 5'9? They all make a majority of Street music, but still have their Pop tracks.

*expected NIK response*

Dude you're fuckin' dumb...you're too retarded...i can't prove my point so I'm just going to call you dumb and retarded cuz thats what I do best...i know that Akon makes a majority of street music...but i hate him so much that i want to consider him pop...leave me alone... PeACe  8)

Btw,

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=11:nw5e8qppbtb4

Genre R&B

Contemporary R&B
Urban
Pop-Rap (They also consider Biggie & BDK apart of this style)

So since Allmusic says Akon is apart of Pop-Rap, he's a Pop artist. You're saying BDK, a Hip Hop legend, is a Pop artist too? Let's hope not. Think twice about who the real moron is.

Nice try. I actually am making points, you're just way too dumb to understand them. Like I said and you chose to disregard, Ja Rule has 5 street tracks for every 1 pop track. He's still considered a pop act in hip-hop...You can't understand shit, you probably have no clue what I'm talking about when I say his sound is formulated and synthetic, you just get confused and start talking about how street he is again...LMAO. Sisqo is listed in the same exact category as Akon on Allmusic. Is Nate Dogg? And the discussion HAS ended a long time ago, now I'm just exposing your dumbness more and more with every post...PeACe

PS. You've done that "expected NIK response" shit WAYYYY too much. That shit is played out and not funny whatsoever. You lost.

SGV

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2006, 01:56:11 PM »
Ja Rule started out that way... But when he blew up, his main focus was chick songs and that's when he lost his fan base. Akon, on the other hand, hasn't went that route. Two different artists... idiot.

Sisqo is also listed in the same category as O.C., Keith Murray, Big Daddy Kane and Biggie. So are you saying they're Pop artists too? LOL. Serious dude... You can't be that dumb... can you?

Bootsy, Zapp, Erykah Badu, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, hell even 98 degrees are listed under Urban as well. Since when did Nick Lachey and his brother become Urban? Allmusic merely groups people together... doesn't mean they're always going to be right. But, I guess, once an idiot, always an idiot. You'll never understand that you can't prove your point with horrible "facts."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2006, 02:41:49 PM »
Ja Rule started out that way... But when he blew up, his main focus was chick songs and that's when he lost his fan base. Akon, on the other hand, hasn't went that route. Two different artists... idiot.

Ja Rule was still making street tracks left and right when he blew up...Of course they're two different artists, which brings me to my next point VVV

Sisqo is also listed in the same category as O.C., Keith Murray, Big Daddy Kane and Biggie. So are you saying they're Pop artists too?[/b] LOL. Serious dude... You can't be that dumb... can you?

Are you really this stupid? Akon is Pop/R&B...Biggie is Hip-Hop/Pop. How do you even come up with this dumb ass shit? We were talking about Nate Dogg in the first place, who isn't even categorized as any form of pop on Allmusic...Akon, however, is...You lose. Nice attempt at shifting the agument, but that shit don't get passed me, man...

Bootsy, Zapp, Erykah Badu, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, hell even 98 degrees are listed under Urban as well. Since when did Nick Lachey and his brother become Urban? Allmusic merely groups people together... doesn't mean they're always going to be right. But, I guess, once an idiot, always an idiot. You'll never understand that you can't prove your point with horrible "facts."

Akon is Pop/R&B. The End.

WestCoasta

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2006, 02:51:14 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »

Seriously. XXXL can't stand people having an opinion of their own.

SGV

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2006, 06:03:31 PM »
LOL@Still not knowing. You brought up allmusi.com at least know what the labels are. Biggie, BDK, Keith Murray, OC (Of all people) along with Akon are listed as Pop Rap, as opposed to the Pop you are speaking about. So if you want to say that he's  in the same category as them, that's not a bad thing. Those guys are/ were great emcees and allmusic says they're  pop rap so it must be true.

LOL @ NIK. Always trying to win, but keeps on losing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2006, 06:25:24 PM »
LOL@Still not knowing. You brought up allmusi.com at least know what the labels are. Biggie, BDK, Keith Murray, OC (Of all people) along with Akon are listed as Pop Rap, as opposed to the Pop you are speaking about. So if you want to say that he's  in the same category as them, that's not a bad thing. Those guys are/ were great emcees and allmusic says they're  pop rap so it must be true.

LOL @ NIK. Always trying to win, but keeps on losing.

They are labeled in that category because they ARE or HAVE BEEN pop rappers at one point in their career or another...But Nate Dogg, he has never EVER held a pop persona, which is why they don't list him in that category...Who's even talking about Biggie? We're talking about Nate Dogg and Akon...Loser, how does it feel to get sonned numerous times in one thread? 8)

SGV

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »
Wow your Hip Hip Pass has just been revoked. You said BDK, OC and Keith are or were Pop?.Were done here. You've proved your stupidity and ignorance more than enough.

Btw, who was bringing up Sisqo? You. So I brought up Biggie (whom happens to be the only name you'll  address since you know how dumb you are) as a counter point to you idiotic view. Always trying to play the innocent card.

Using to allmusic.com as a reliable source, after seeing their lists, is like using mtvs best emcees list or ohhla.com's lyrics as one of fact. Only morons follow those. That would be you little guy. What would all your "real heads" that you know say if you told them the man who made word life was pop? They'd probably laugh at you.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2006, 07:18:25 PM »
Wow your Hip Hip Pass has just been revoked. You said BDK, OC and Keith are or were Pop?.Were done here. You've proved your stupidity and ignorance more than enough.

Btw, who was bringing up Sisqo? You. So I brought up Biggie (whom happens to be the only name you'll  address since you know how dumb you are) as a counter point to you idiotic view. Always trying to play the innocent card.

Using to allmusic.com as a reliable source, after seeing their lists, is like using mtvs best emcees list or ohhla.com's lyrics as one of fact. Only morons follow those. That would be you little guy. What would all your "real heads" that you know say if you told them the man who made word life was pop? They'd probably laugh at you.

First and foremost, don't put words in my mouth. I never said that Big Daddy Kane or Biggie were pop, I just said they came out with stuff that was commercial/popular enough to place them in the rap/pop sub-genre at some point or another. I knew Big Daddy Kane's agent...There was a point in Big Daddy Kane's career where he was rapping on low-budget R&B albums for exposure...Sisqo, I brought up, because he is comparable to Akon...He's a Pop/R&B act, JUST LIKE AKON...The artists you mentioned had nothing to do with what we were discussing (Pop/R&B)...It's Nate Dogg vs. Akon. Quit veering from the subject...AKON = POP = < NATE DOGG. It's still the end... :-*

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2006, 07:32:18 PM »
well this thread lost its focus

like someone said earlier in the thread - give akon some time and see if he's still a "go-to-guy" for hooks. nate dogg has made hit records with people from every coast for years now. so you can't just compare him to akon who's been on 3-4 hit songs.

but besides that gayass "lonely" track, i dont see akon as a pop artist.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2006, 08:25:58 PM »
Not that it matters anymore cuz you just keep looking worse and worse.You labeled Biggie as Hip Hop/ Pop don't go back on something you just wrote. You're so moronic you don't even realize why those names were brought up. You tried to use allmusic as your source to prove Akon was Pop. Those artists were brought up as they were on the same Pop Rap list as A, making them comparable. Yes were talking Nate vs A but you brought up Sisqo so lets remember who veered off the discussion.

Lastly just because someone lays a verse on an R&B album that has nothing to do with them being Pop. BDK has always had the mack persona, rocking an 8 or 16 on an R&B record fits him. You have no knowledge of music whatsoever. Don't try to use allmusic as your defense cuz you obviously haven't looked at the site.

Akon today is much beter than Nate... its time to let it go. You've done nothing but look retarded as usual.   

Reply all you want but you will no longer be fortunate enough to get a reply from me in a music thread again. No sense in typing to a moron who has no knowledge of the business. Stick to basketball at least you know a little bit more.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2006, 11:57:56 PM »
Now I sell cell phones at Cingular, get free service, free phones and good money... So I can't complain. At Kaiser, I was supposed to be sending files to Doctors, running reports and such... But I would usually just sit at the computer and go online or listen to music. Got paid well there too.

Jake... Always wanting to see guys. LOL. Are you trying to prove that I'm fat or that I have man boobs? Don't jump around now.

Bushwick

Big Justin... Cube... Myself

My Entourage shirt.

Pretty sure you'll call this a "Fat Backstreet Boy" flick. So there ya go!

that shirt in the middle your reppin' looks like it's 3d with all them curves and shit

got milk?lol anyone ever hear the story of the three milk maids

man that last picture reminds me of big boi the dj from LA , lol he always walked around with a sweat rag cuz he was so fat,ha

well at least sgv didn't pussy out this time, i'll give him props, here's ur reward, a nice fresh sandwhich from subway, eat fresh
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 12:04:50 AM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
Akon is Pop

hey tom

i learned in rhetoric and argumention that "if you can get your opponent to agree with you on the main point of your argument, you have won"

:rock:

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2006, 12:26:26 AM »
Where's the proof of my man boobs? Pussy out... ha. You were realy feenin' for my pics. That's on some gay shit.

Btw, use the entire sentence now just a partial quote...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »
Not that it matters anymore cuz you just keep looking worse and worse.You labeled Biggie as Hip Hop/ Pop don't go back on something you just wrote. You're so moronic you don't even realize why those names were brought up. You tried to use allmusic as your source to prove Akon was Pop. Those artists were brought up as they were on the same Pop Rap list as A, making them comparable. Yes were talking Nate vs A but you brought up Sisqo so lets remember who veered off the discussion.

Lastly just because someone lays a verse on an R&B album that has nothing to do with them being Pop. BDK has always had the mack persona, rocking an 8 or 16 on an R&B record fits him. You have no knowledge of music whatsoever. Don't try to use allmusic as your defense cuz you obviously haven't looked at the site.

Akon today is much beter than Nate... its time to let it go. You've done nothing but look retarded as usual.   

Reply all you want but you will no longer be fortunate enough to get a reply from me in a music thread again. No sense in typing to a moron who has no knowledge of the business. Stick to basketball at least you know a little bit more.

You just don't wanna reply anymore cuz you keep sounding like a dumbass...I brought up Sisqo because I compared him to Akon, you moron. Then you felt the need to veer from the subject and start talking about other hip-hop artists labeled under Hip-Hop/Pop, when the subject was R&B/Pop. You lose. Honestly though man, you're just way too music retarded. You can't tell the difference between artists who make music the way they think people wanna hear it and artists who make real music...Akon's shit is formulated and synthetic. I can bet you anything that he went into the studio with the mindset of "I know people out there will eat this shit up"...It sounds fake. I don't like it, and you can't stand that it's my opinion, because you want to feel secure about the bullshit you listen to...Both Jake and I will school you on music. It's pretty self-evident, you've got the taste of a 12 year old girl...PeACe