Author Topic: Looking back at Knoc-tunral's album: How the FUKKK could this nigga flop?  (Read 846 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
This nigga had production from: Dr. Dre, Warren G, DJ Quik, Mel Man, Timbaland, Scott Stortch

Disgusting he had SO much production talent like I've never seen before and some how found a way to fuck it up

I remeber when I first heard the track "The Way I Am" I almost crashed my car because the track was so fuckin bumpin, and when he said this was Chronic 3, I thought it was a fuckin Detox track

Yet he still found a way to fuck it up

Scott Stortch: My FAV beat from him
Warren G: Westcoast banger
Quiksta: Dope beat
Mel Man: Kind a nice
Dre's beat: one of the weakest I've ever heard from Dre
TImbo beat: boring

overall album score: 7.0/10, maybe 7.5 on a good day

still, Knoc>>>Game, Bishop, Lil E
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yea the album was pretty goood it was just missing a lil something.

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Good point man, I love this album n still dont understand how it flopped. Great production & guests, it's a mystery.... ???
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

liked the album..the way i am was a perfect single,...but shit flip flopped, damn, waitin for dude to release new stuff, cuz i still think he got it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Eihtball

I would've thought that "Bad Intentions" would have raised anticipation for his album.

But yeah, Knoc is one of the few artists who had Dre's blessing, not to mention a lot of other A-listers behind him, and yet still didn't get over.  I can count the number of rappers produced by Dre who didn't go Plat on one hand, and he's one of them.

almostgrounded

the way i am is still in my rotation, but the initial tracks' attempt to portray political views, and his claim to have created the chronic three struck a chord with me.  it amazed me that he never blew up, it seemed as though his album had all of the required elements.

truth hurts also had an all star line up, and she managed to do the same thing; it amazes me everytime i run through that album.

d-nice

If I remember he was on Elektra and they dropped the ball with hardly any promotion. The Way I Am got pushed back alot then before that he had that EP that was supposed to be a album that leaked and he had to redo his whole album. That EP had that banging cut with Missy Elliott that Dre did. He has had alot of bad breaks and never really had proper promotion for his albums.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Since when does Good album = Good sales ?

Tha Crip

i wonder if he had a fallout with Dre why dre didnt even bother to appear in Way i Am video or mix the track he produced on the album (you think wit knoc, who seemed pretty tight with him at first would at least wanna mix the only song he cleared for the album)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

SGV

How could Knoc flop? By being wack. Dude was somewhat decent at best.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I totally agree wit yall..that album is dope as fuck!!so many bangers, dope production, entertaining lyrics one of the best albums from the west in many years,,i dont get it,,probably had to do with promoting it n bulshit like that..

mauzip

Probably just label politics, but he was (maybe still is) also an alcoholic, so that could have something to do with it also.

dexter

good cd. :-\

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I love Knoc's album, but I think that it was a little too dated. Think about it, it was released in 2004, right?

"I Like", "Watch Out" and "Have Fun" were recorded in the summer of 2001, basically for the "Knoc's Landing" album. "What We Do" is from 2002.

Don't get me wrong, I thought this album top to bottom was real solid. Production from Dre, Scott Storch, Timbaland, Quik, Warren G,
Mel-Man, Fredwreck, etc...one of the most STACKED line ups as far as production goes. Plus guest shots from Snoop, Xzibit, Nate Dogg,
Warren G, Hittman, etc....shit that's like a fucking dream team of collaborators...I wish this blew up, but I can't say I'm surprised it didn't. The freshest, tightest joint on the album ( the title track feat. Snoop ) was custom built to blow...prolly the best Storch beat I've ever heard, and Snoop's verse was real on point.

Eihtball

How could Knoc flop? By being wack. Dude was somewhat decent at best.

Wasn't a particularly good lyricist, I'll give you that, but he did extremely catchy hooks, he had some of the industry's best producers behind him, and he'd already made a name for himself on a hit single with Dre ("Bad Intentions").  More often than not, those criteria add up to success.

I really just think it was because his album got shortened to EP length and because Elektra didn't promote him well.  I don't think nobody can dispute that Knoc had everything he needed to blow up.