Author Topic: LAUGH NOW CRY LATER LEAKED!!!  (Read 4028 times)

guncoke

• Lil Geezy
Re: LAUGH NOW CRY LATER LEAKED!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »
this album is worth buying....trust me
if you like westcoast you'll like this

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:22 PM »
After Listening about ten times loaded:

I think people will look back and feel this is def. one of Cubes better albums. Great album........IMO Damn near classic if it weren't for two songs("Steal the Show" and "Holla @ yo Boy"). 9 out of 10.

BUY THE ALBUM.......HE DESERVE HIS LOOT FOR THIS ONE.

Itchy Balls

• Lil Geezy
  • None.
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2006, 12:04:23 AM »
2 1/2 out of 5.  This album is sub-par.  Although it IS better than his last 2 records, I am not impressed with this record.  The 2 tracks with Snoop are GARBAGE.  Cube used to rap about "the system" and "the man" yet, his livelyhood comes straight from those 2 things.  And finally, I don't want to hear a song about him smoking weed because I know he doesn't.  That is a fact.  And, cube ain't no gangster either.  Stick to movies Oshay!  You played yourself.

sav-man

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2006, 12:34:52 AM »
this album is worth buying....trust me
if you like westcoast you'll like this

Yes sir! I listened to the whole album just a little bit ago, and Cube came w/ it!!!  

Only song I'm not feeling is "You Gotta Lotta That"...it seems out of place to me for some reason. I wonder if it would sound better on a Snoop solo CD. Also, Lil Jon's repetition of "you scared, you scared" on "Go To Church" could have been left off. Otherwise, I can't find anything truly bad to say about the lyrics/production...The title tune, "Why We Thugs," "Child Support," "Growing Up," "Click-Clack--Get Back!", "Steal The Show" "Stop Snitchin'," and "Spittin' Pollaseeds" are my favorites right now.  

When I think about my memories of both WAR and PEACE, and then think about what I just heard on LNCL, I can tell in retrospect that on WAR and PEACE, Cube was...well, he was there, but not there there, in a sense. On LNCL, he's clearly in command of what he's doing, and he sounds like he's really into the songs.

I know there are folks who will say: "it doesn't sound enough like AMW, DEATH CERTIFICATE, or (fill-in-your-own)..." But as Cube has said before, he "makes all of [his] albums different," and don't kid yourself: how many CDs out there can stand up to AMW or DC? Not too many.  

Think about this: if the whole CD were issues-oriented ("Why We Thugs", "The Nigga Trap", the title song, etc.), then the fans of his "step-to-me-I'll-fuck-you-up" side won't want to hear it. And, in turn, if Cube were to make a CD w/ every song a "step-to-to-me-I'll-fuck-you-up" type of song ("Click-Clack--Get Back!"), a certain % of fans will whine, "where's the 'conscious' lyrics, etc?" IMHO, Cube's been around so long that, in a way, he's damned if he does, but he's also damned if he doesn't in terms of making this-or-that kind of song(s). Then, of course, you have those who use his movies as an excuse (and a feeble excuse, IMHO) to criticize. You're just not going to please everybody.   

Anyway, I'd give LNCL a 4 out of 5...I'll definitely buy it. If Cube plans to keep making new solo CDs, hopefully LNCL can serve as a good "new beginning" for Cube CD-wise...of course, that'll depend on what happens w/ the movie thing. Let's hope that Cube's figured out that his CDs sound better when he's not trying to record them and make movies at the same time. Just my opinion, though, and everyone's entitled to their's as well. PEACE!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 05:26:45 AM by sav-man »

Okka

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2006, 01:41:54 AM »
D12world has a link if anybody needs it  8) I'm downloadin it right now and them i'ma bump it the whole day  8)

Intriago33

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2006, 02:08:06 AM »
tight effort, i think he should of shortened it, and cut 2/3 tracks from the final print, but on first listen a solid effort.

XaNdEr

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2006, 02:32:19 AM »
this album is def bangin, its westcoast classic material, im gonna cop it on 6 june 8)

k1000

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2006, 03:57:12 AM »
i want to hear the Fredwreck leftover

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2006, 07:45:53 AM »
Won't download it, but it's cool to see all these positive opinions about the album. Was gonna cop it before, but now I want it even more...

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2006, 07:50:25 AM »
LOL...this thread brought out all the newbies. ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2006, 07:54:11 AM »
sounds like i wont be wasting my money when i get this.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

'EclipZe

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2006, 07:58:41 AM »
fuck it, imma download it AND cop it, i wanna hear it NOW  8) imma buy it anyways, the singles he already has out are  :o

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2006, 10:32:06 AM »
LOL...this thread brought out all the newbies. ;D

LOL!!! This thread brought everybody out!!!!

sounds like i wont be wasting my money when i get this.

It's definately worth £14 or however much it'll b wen it comes out, bin bumpin it 4 a day an half now!!!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2006, 10:34:39 AM »
West Coast Album of the year. 8)

Funkstradamus

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »
West Coast Album of the year. 8)
i wouldnt go that far just yet...but it is nice....