Author Topic: Bonds Hits 715  (Read 1795 times)

herpes

Re: Bonds Hits 715
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 08:23:19 PM »
greatest player of our generation, steroids or not. He has 7 MVPs, 6 before the alleged steroids, that's way more than the next person, a few players with 3. So to the haters, suck a dick. Ruth never played against a minority player, Ruth never played against real players, Bonds did, and was hitting home runs before ya' all thought he juiced. So suck a dick, Riverside Cali is on top of the mountain. I.E. muthaphukkaz.
if it wasnt for injuries... griffey >>> arod  >>> bonds

for all the dickriders... did bonds spend the first 9 seasons of his career as a pitcher, a great pitcher at that. Did Bonds play half his career in the dead ball era.  Did Ruth use steroids and human growth hormones.... mdogg you can go eat a dick

Back in 1995, most people would say Griffey, MOST BASEBALL EXPERTS WOULD SAY BONDS WAS THE BEST OF THE 90'S. Ruth played in the dead ball era, but Ruth played against a watered down league, in a generation where the half the best players are not even allowed to enter the stadium. Bonds is playing in an International league, where the best players from all around the world come to play. Some say the game is talent thin, that's in basketball and football, but in baseball all the international players make each team dangerous. Bonds' home run was hit off a Korean pitcher, which shows how much the game has changed.

actually most experts would of told you griffey as well.  And yes bonds is also playing against the best talent across the world. At the same time there are more teams then even and good pitching is more and more diluted then ever.  For christ sakes he hit his homerun off byung yung hung whatever his name is.  For christ sakes hes sucks.  He hasnt been the same ever since get rocked by the yankees back in the 2001 series.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 08:38:19 PM »
greatest player of our generation, steroids or not. He has 7 MVPs, 6 before the alleged steroids, that's way more than the next person, a few players with 3. So to the haters, suck a dick. Ruth never played against a minority player, Ruth never played against real players, Bonds did, and was hitting home runs before ya' all thought he juiced. So suck a dick, Riverside Cali is on top of the mountain. I.E. muthaphukkaz.
if it wasnt for injuries... griffey >>> arod  >>> bonds

for all the dickriders... did bonds spend the first 9 seasons of his career as a pitcher, a great pitcher at that. Did Bonds play half his career in the dead ball era.  Did Ruth use steroids and human growth hormones.... mdogg you can go eat a dick

Back in 1995, most people would say Griffey, MOST BASEBALL EXPERTS WOULD SAY BONDS WAS THE BEST OF THE 90'S. Ruth played in the dead ball era, but Ruth played against a watered down league, in a generation where the half the best players are not even allowed to enter the stadium. Bonds is playing in an International league, where the best players from all around the world come to play. Some say the game is talent thin, that's in basketball and football, but in baseball all the international players make each team dangerous. Bonds' home run was hit off a Korean pitcher, which shows how much the game has changed.

Bonds said he didn't know the cream was steroids, and in fact steroids are also used to help people heal faster from injuries. He said that he put the cream on his legs, and he didn't know it was steroids. But if something is making your legs feel better, than I'm sure you'd do it too as an athelet.

Fact remains Bonds is the best baseball player alive.
:nawty: Griffey was named the player of the decade for the 90's. His defense and offense in the 90's was better than Bonds. Griffey hit more than 40 HR 6 times in the 90's twice hitting 56. Bond's hit more than 40 HR 3 times in the 90's. Bonds has driven in more than 130 runs only once, never in the 90's. Griffey did it 4 times 3 of the times he drove in at least 140 runs. The only part Bonds was better than Griffey was at running the bases and drawing walks. Had Griffey not been plagued with injuries after he got traded to the Reds we'd be talking about Griffey as possibly the greatest player ever and he'd be chasing Aaron.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 09:08:45 PM »
Man who cares, all I know is the games have been super crackin, drunk as fuck having a ball out there....

I used to go to the same gym as Barry for a while and I'll put it like this, my patnas that used to be over there before the scandal slanged any kind of drug possible. So go figure. 

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

herpes

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 09:24:25 PM »
Man who cares, all I know is the games have been super crackin, drunk as fuck having a ball out there....

I used to go to the same gym as Barry for a while and I'll put it like this, my patnas that used to be over there before the scandal slanged any kind of drug possible. So go figure. 
baseball fans care, thank you for adding nothing useful to this post.

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »
I gotta go with what Tom said...

how anybody believes this guys shit is incredible, he's got no credibility, plain and simple

to believe him you're either an idiot or a bias fan, and it would just be smarter to say u're one of the two cuz it's the only way it makes sense

J Bananas

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 09:40:18 PM »

lol, really...and thats great that barry has 715 now but to put him on a pedestal when you all know god damn well he was juicing up isn't right. this guy has required so much special treatment over the years he'd be a fuck up if he wasnt a power horse, he's basically just existing to crank out homers, you think babe ruth was loading up on so many drugs that he didnt even know which ones were legal? you think babe ruth got to sit around and huff pure oxygen and kick it in a spa in between working out at top rate facilities? fuck that shit, barry, congrats, but you won't hold any record amongst baseball fans except your die hard dick riders.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 09:54:50 PM »

lol, really...and thats great that barry has 715 now but to put him on a pedestal when you all know god damn well he was juicing up isn't right. this guy has required so much special treatment over the years he'd be a fuck up if he wasnt a power horse, he's basically just existing to crank out homers, you think babe ruth was loading up on so many drugs that he didnt even know which ones were legal? you think babe ruth got to sit around and huff pure oxygen and kick it in a spa in between working out at top rate facilities? fuck that shit, barry, congrats, but you won't hold any record amongst baseball fans except your die hard dick riders.

you, tom, and west coast speak the truth and i couldn't agree more.

Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

for all the dickriders... did bonds spend the first 9 seasons of his career as a pitcher, a great pitcher at that. Did Bonds play half his career in the dead ball era.  Did Ruth use steroids and human growth hormones.... mdogg you can go eat a dick

Bonds said he didn't know the cream was steroids, and in fact steroids are also used to help people heal faster from injuries. He said that he put the cream on his legs, and he didn't know it was steroids. But if something is making your legs feel better, than I'm sure you'd do it too as an athelet.

You don't have to bring Ruth down just because these people hate Bonds. Barry is most likely the best player of the last 20 years, and certainly one of the best, but Ruth was the greatest ever. When Bonds wins a world series by getting the most homeruns in the series, and .320 plus avg. and pitches and wins two of the 4 games then he'll be better than Ruth. Ruth did not play in a dilluted league. The Negro Leagues were not all there we're cacked up to be in Ruth's time. They were very disorganized and more like a house league. A lot of the players stood no chance of making to the MLB. It took time for the Negro League to grow, and even then it took even more time for the leauge to split. Only a few black players made it to the top of the league when blacks first started coming in to the MLB, and I challenge you to name me ten anazing black pitchers in history. Ruth only would have had to face 1 or 2 black pitchers that were as good as the top white guys in the 20s. Ruth is the best Homerun hitter ever hands down and no one will ever argue that. The numbers speak for themselves. Like I said with the thinned down sport of today. The top athletes in the world don't play baseball. Even overseas they play soccer instead. When Ruth played America's top athletes all played baseball and with 8 teams in your league you played a top pitcher almost every night, and each team had top batters. I'm not saying the league was harder, but I can't say it was easier. Pitchers threw just as fast, the number of pitchers were relatively the same, and none of the athletes could slack off due to fame and fortune.

That being said, I've wanted Bonds to break Aaron's record years ago and I'm still sticking by it. I just realize that the total number may pass Ruth's but the HR avg will never come close.

acgrundy

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 08:59:29 AM »
I am in no way a fan of barry bonds.  not because he took steriods, not because he passed babe ruth in home runs, not because he is an asshole, but soley because he is a Giant.

that being said, I still respect bonds as a baseball player.  there is no doubt in my mind that he roided up.  but you cannot say who coulda been what if they hadn't gotten injured, or you can't predict the outcome of things that could have happened.  the fact of the matter is what did happen.  Barry Bonds did incredible things in the past 5 years, changed the way the opposing team played the giants.  Do I think he is the greatest player ever?  No.  Is he one of the best ever?  yes.

All the negative stuff that players such as babe ruth did back in the day, and you really think those players would not have jumped on steriods had they had the opportunity?

steroids or not, barry bonds knows how to play baseball very well, and he is very good at it.  Hating on him is fine, but saying that guy isn't a great ball player...well I would say you don't know baseball too well.

without steroids Bonds wouldn't have the same amounts of HRs that he has today.  he's a great hitter but the power that you get from steroids sure does help to hit homeruns.

i hate Bonds for the fact that he tries to make everyone feel sorry for him.  he makes himself the victim when in reality he fucked himself over, it wasn't the media or his trainer, it was him.

And i believe that if Bonds is allowed to be in the Hall of Fame and have his records in the book, then Pete Rose should also be allowed in the Hall of Fame.  Everyone talks about how great of a hitter bonds is and how great of a player he is but IMO Pete Rose is twice the player Bonds is, Rose is the greatest hitter of all time and played his heart out in every single game.  Everyone makes a big deal about how Gambling is worse than using Steroids but i never understood this because how does Gambling improve your performance on the field? 

gambling doesn't improve your performance at all.  what it could do tho is completely ruin the sport of baseball.  Imagine being on a team going all the way to the world series, and then losing it.  And imagine losing it because it was set up so that you would lose it, so that one person could make a shitload of money.

thats why pete rose was so harshly penolized.  he needed to be made an example out of because gambling could completely ruin baseball.

steroids won't ruin baseball.  a majority of players have taken steroids or some sort of growth hormone.  All thats done has made power hitting and pitching the biggest factors in baseball.

But how did Pete Rose's gambling affect his team??  i mean they were a good team and even won the World Series.  The whole Black Sox situation is completely different from Pete Rose's case of gambling, Joe Jackson and the rest of the Black Sox were bribed to throw the World Series i believe the banning of Joe and the rest of them was the right thing to do but to ban Pete Rose the hit king for life is fuckin stupid IMO.  so again how did Pete Rose's gambling affect the Reds?? 

so steroids won't ruin baseball but gambling will?  if you asked me steroids has already ruined the legacy of baseball itself and the legacy of the Babe and possibly Aaron.  How many records have fallen because of steroids?  Several.  How many have fallen because of gambling?  none.  Pete's gambling didn't make him a better hitter, it didn't help him break the all time hits record but in Barry's case steroids improved his power which made hitting homeruns easier.  I'm not saying Barry isn't a good hitter because he is, but when you add steriods into the mix it increases your performance a whole lot.  For example look at Jose Canseco when he was on steroids the man was hitting homers left and right, but as soon as he got off of steroids he was a fuckin joke Mark McGwire as well.

In my book...
gambling = wrong
steroids = cheating

Pete Rose's gambling did not affect the reds because he got caught.  Who knows what he would have done in the future had he not got caught.  Money can easily ruin anything.  In many ways I believe money is at this moment, ruining sports.  When I grew up as a kid I could follow teams, and they stayed as a team for years.  You had ballplayers who spent their entire career on one team.  Nowadays, nearly every team is a new team every year.  How do you go from going to the superbowl one year, and then tieing for the worst record in football the next year?  How do you go from winning the world series to not even makeing the playoffs the next year?  Its because, just like music, sports has turned into a business.  Owners main priority is not to be the best team, but to have the best profits.  Granted, winning is very important to some owners, but the bottom line is they are in this to make money.  Now you add illegal gambling to the sport...I see nothing but problems.

steroids is an ethical issue.  I wouldn't give a player an award for taking roids, but I definately don't think they have done harm to the game of baseball.  Do I think Bonds would have 715 hr's had he not taken steroids?  No.  I do think steroids have affected the game of baseball, but I don't think they have caused harm.  I think they have made the game more exciting, and they have changed the way the game is played, power has been made the focus of the game.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 09:26:51 AM »

You don't have to bring Ruth down just because these people hate Bonds. Barry is most likely the best player of the last 20 years, and certainly one of the best, but Ruth was the greatest ever. When Bonds wins a world series by getting the most homeruns in the series, and .320 plus avg. and pitches and wins two of the 4 games then he'll be better than Ruth. Ruth did not play in a dilluted league. The Negro Leagues were not all there we're cacked up to be in Ruth's time. They were very disorganized and more like a house league. A lot of the players stood no chance of making to the MLB. It took time for the Negro League to grow, and even then it took even more time for the leauge to split. Only a few black players made it to the top of the league when blacks first started coming in to the MLB, and I challenge you to name me ten anazing black pitchers in history. Ruth only would have had to face 1 or 2 black pitchers that were as good as the top white guys in the 20s. Ruth is the best Homerun hitter ever hands down and no one will ever argue that. The numbers speak for themselves. Like I said with the thinned down sport of today. The top athletes in the world don't play baseball. Even overseas they play soccer instead. When Ruth played America's top athletes all played baseball and with 8 teams in your league you played a top pitcher almost every night, and each team had top batters. I'm not saying the league was harder, but I can't say it was easier. Pitchers threw just as fast, the number of pitchers were relatively the same, and none of the athletes could slack off due to fame and fortune.

That being said, I've wanted Bonds to break Aaron's record years ago and I'm still sticking by it. I just realize that the total number may pass Ruth's but the HR avg will never come close.

The only record that deserves to stand is Hank Aaron's, because Hank played baseball in a league that was international, intergraded and scandle free. Bonds plays in the current era with juiced pitchers, juiced batters and juiced balls. Ruth played in a league that is most players then played against players today, they'd get crushed, and half the talent was not even allowed to play. You say the Negro League players couldn't make it to the bigs, and that's because they were not given a chance, and if they were given the same chance as whites, they would have do well. In fact, the best pitchers of the 20s and 30s were considered to be in the Negro Leagues. Ruth never faced him. We have no question Bonds is playing the best that MLB has to offer, hell, they take the best from other countries too to see who is the best.

With that all said. I will always stand by saying this, Hank Aaron is the greatest home run player ever, and Willie Mays is the greatest baseball player of all time.Ruth and Bonds are the best of their generations, and if Bonds didn't have his cream issues, he might be the greatest ever. (I will always believe because of the speed of his swing that he could have hit 73 home runs with or with out cream) But point blanks, Aaron is the greatest home run hitter, and Mays is the greatest player. (Ruth did not hit against the best pitchers of his era)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 09:40:43 AM »

On a sunny July day in 1887, Cap Anson of the Chicago White Stockings refused to play a team from Newark unless they removed their starting pitcher, an African American named George Stovey.  Thus began the 60 year reign of apartheid baseball in America.

The present day media fuss over steroid use in major league baseball is reaching pandemic proportions.  At a time in American history of pre-emptive wars, unchecked corporate looting, increasing poverty and homelessness, continuing assaults on the Bill of Rights...but STOP THE PRESSES!  A baseball player may be using performance enhancing drugs!

Based on Grand Jury leaks of player testimony (hmmm, this technique looks familiar), congressional blowhards from the major parties have been falling over themselves to get to a media outlet and express their outrage over this heinous situation.  Even George Bush, that paragon of honesty and hard work, has weighed in on the matter, stating on two separate occasions that steroid use “diminishes the integrity of sports” and “sends the wrong message that there are shortcuts to accomplishments.”

Sports fans – always eager to turn on their heroes at the first signs of fallibility – are clamoring for changing the records of suspected steroid users or adding asterisks on the player’s record, ala the asterisk placed on Roger Maris’ numbers when he broke Babe Ruth’s single season homerun record in 1961.   (The season was eight games shorter in Ruth’s time.)

Baseball is obsessed with statistics and records – and the “purity” of those records – even though controversies have risen over the ever-changing height of the pitcher’s mound, the introduction of the “juiced” ball, the short left fields of the old “bandbox” stadiums, etc.  Through it all, the stats remain the Holy Grail of Major League Baseball. Woe betide anyone who messes with the Sacred Records.

And yet, oddly enough, there was no hue and cry in 1998 when Mark McGuire,  blown up like the Pillsbury doughboy from ingesting tablespoons of something other than applesauce, broke Roger Maris’ homerun record.  McGuire admitted that he was taking androstenedione, a substance banned by the Olympic Committee, the National Football League and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.  He didn’t stop taking it until the following season.

No fuss.  No outrage.  No talk show blather.  No senators screaming into the television cameras about the morality of athletes and sanctity of records.  McGuire is white.

The current target of wrath over suspected substance abuse is Barry Bonds, a home run hitter who will probably break the immortal Babe Ruth’s record during the coming season.  Bonds is an African American. Is all this fuss another ugly eruption of baseball’s racist past?

In the 20th Century, baseball was America’s Favorite Past Time, second only to invading small countries.  Baseball players and their records were cultural icons; every kid knew the batting averages and rbi’s of their favorite players.  How many wins?  How many hits in a season?  How many homeruns?  What did DiMaggio do today?   When Ruth was asked why he was paid more than the Depression-plagued President, he responded “because I had a better year.”

How would these records have changed if African Americans (and Latinos of African ancestry) had been included during the 60 year period of color line baseball?  What impact would black players have had on the records of the all-white baseball players?  Would Ruth have still hit 714 homeruns if he had to face pitchers like Satchel Paige, Leon Day or Smokey Joe Williams? It seems unlikely.

Banned from Major League Baseball, black athletes played professional baseball in the Negro Leagues, which lasted until baseball integration in the late 1940’s.   However, for over thirty years during the off season, Negro League teams played exhibition games against teams of white major league all stars.  The pre eminent baseball historian, John Holway, has determined that Negro League teams won 268 of the 436 games played with their white counterparts.

That’s a .615 winning percentage!  Baseball is a game in which a .300 hitter is regarded as a huge success. In competition, the white players were blown away by the black players. For example, Smokey Joe Williams struck out 20 white New York Giants during a 1914 game.  Williams was 26-5 against the white major league teams.  Ty Cobb was major league baseball’s base-stealing champion, but he was thrown out trying to steal three times in one exhibition game by a Negro League catcher, Bruce Petway.  Negro League pitcher Webster McDonald was 14-2 against white major leaguers.

Phenomenal records were established in the caliber of play within the Negro League itself.  Pitcher Leon Day had a .708 winning percentage, Ray Brown was .747.  Josh Gibson hit a 580 foot homerun at Yankee Stadium during a Negro League game.

When Satchel Paige, perhaps the most famous of the Negro League pitchers, was finally allowed into Major League Baseball he was well over 40 years old.  However, in his first season his ERA was 2.48 and his fast ball was clocked at 103 mph!

White major league players knew how good the African American players were during that era and also knew that many of them would lose their jobs to superior players if the color barrier was lifted.  After all, they played against them off season on a regular basis for many years.  Some white players were quite candid in their assessment of the skills of the Negro League players.

Hall of Fame pitcher Walter “Big Train” Johnson testified that Josh Gibson “hits the ball a mile and he catches so easy he might as well be in a rocking chair.  Throws like a rifle.  Too bad this Gibson is a colored fellow.”

Batting champion and hitting maestro Ted Williams called Satchel Paige “the best pitcher in baseball.”  Baseball icon Joe DiMaggio concurred, stating that Paige was “the best pitcher I ever faced and the fastest.”

Paige was an old man when he faced down premiere hitters like Williams and DiMaggio in the 1940’s.  If he had been allowed into the white man’s league 20 years earlier, how would Ruth and Lou Gehrig and Al Simmons have fared against Paige and his 100mph plus fast ball?

Josh Gibson hit over 900 home runs in the Negro League, including majestic shots in major league parks like Yankee Stadium and Forbes Field.  The odds are that – facing the same pitching as Ruth (with all the white stiffs who pitched all 9 innings) – Gibson would have surpassed Ruth in home runs.  In 2005, Barry Bonds would be going after Josh Gibson’s record, not Ruth’s.

Simply stated, major league baseball records established during the 60 years of segregated baseball are tainted and therefore, meaningless.

These records were established during a period in which many of the best players of the game were excluded from the game.  The white players knew it.  The white owners knew it. A reasonable observer must conclude that these records should be followed by an asterisk stating “African Americans were not allowed to play.”

Back to that incident in 1887:  Was Cap Anson just a vile racist or was he worried about protecting his batting average?  Anson was a ham-fisted fielder who holds the all-time record for most errors committed by a first baseman.  His Hall of Fame credentials were built on his hitting. Did Anson really want to face a pitcher like George Stovey who in 1886 held opposing hitters to .167 and went 34-14 in 1887?

End of story: Anson and the white major leaguers who followed him knew that their records would be shredded by the black athletes, jeopardizing not only their jobs, but also their stature as American cultural icons in sports pages, baseball cards and movies.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 05:37:33 PM »
I think I just rested this case

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »
I think I just rested this case

Hank Aaron.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 05:59:57 PM »

With that all said. I will always stand by saying this, Hank Aaron is the greatest home run player ever, and Willie Mays is the greatest baseball player of all time.Ruth and Bonds are the best of their generations, and if Bonds didn't have his cream issues, he might be the greatest ever. (I will always believe because of the speed of his swing that he could have hit 73 home runs with or with out cream) But point blanks, Aaron is the greatest home run hitter, and Mays is the greatest player. (Ruth did not hit against the best pitchers of his era)

herpes

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 07:30:25 PM »

Babe Ruth still has the best HR/AB ratio.  IN my eyes hes still the greatest home run hitter ever.  But i do agree the greatest ball player to ever live is willie mays.