Author Topic: Bonds Hits 715  (Read 1796 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Bonds Hits 715
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 08:35:48 PM »

With that all said. I will always stand by saying this, Hank Aaron is the greatest home run player ever, and Willie Mays is the greatest baseball player of all time.Ruth and Bonds are the best of their generations, and if Bonds didn't have his cream issues, he might be the greatest ever. (I will always believe because of the speed of his swing that he could have hit 73 home runs with or with out cream) But point blanks, Aaron is the greatest home run hitter, and Mays is the greatest player. (Ruth did not hit against the best pitchers of his era)
Babe Ruth still has the best HR/AB ratio.  IN my eyes hes still the greatest home run hitter ever.  But i do agree the greatest ball player to ever live is willie mays.

I think because Ruth did not play against the Negro Leaguers, he can't be the greatest because he was untested. That's like saying Kobe Bryant is the greatest basketball players, yeah he has titles, and he has the points, but he never won when the pressure is up. Ruth never faced the best players, he faced half of the best players. He is the greatest of his generation, like Bonds is of ours, but Ruth is not the greatest home run hitter of all time. Negro League players where hitting home runs like him, where other white players where not. Negro League pitchers were throwing 100 mph, white pitchers where not, and Negro players were dominating great white players on the field. Ruth never faced that, he was fully untested, and Bonds has every right to pass him. Bonds wanted to pass Ruth more than Aaron for these facts. It's time to kill the ghost of Ruth, the Red Sox won the World Series, Bonds passed Ruth, and baseball is international now, Ruth's era is dead. Lets face facts, Hank Aaron is the greatest home run hitter of all time, he faced racism, he faced great Latin, White and Black American pitchers, and he never suffered under pressure. Hank Aaron is truly the GOAT of Home Run hitting.

herpes

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 08:56:38 PM »

With that all said. I will always stand by saying this, Hank Aaron is the greatest home run player ever, and Willie Mays is the greatest baseball player of all time.Ruth and Bonds are the best of their generations, and if Bonds didn't have his cream issues, he might be the greatest ever. (I will always believe because of the speed of his swing that he could have hit 73 home runs with or with out cream) But point blanks, Aaron is the greatest home run hitter, and Mays is the greatest player. (Ruth did not hit against the best pitchers of his era)
Babe Ruth still has the best HR/AB ratio.  IN my eyes hes still the greatest home run hitter ever.  But i do agree the greatest ball player to ever live is willie mays.

I think because Ruth did not play against the Negro Leaguers, he can't be the greatest because he was untested. That's like saying Kobe Bryant is the greatest basketball players, yeah he has titles, and he has the points, but he never won when the pressure is up. Ruth never faced the best players, he faced half of the best players. He is the greatest of his generation, like Bonds is of ours, but Ruth is not the greatest home run hitter of all time. Negro League players where hitting home runs like him, where other white players where not. Negro League pitchers were throwing 100 mph, white pitchers where not, and Negro players were dominating great white players on the field. Ruth never faced that, he was fully untested, and Bonds has every right to pass him. Bonds wanted to pass Ruth more than Aaron for these facts. It's time to kill the ghost of Ruth, the Red Sox won the World Series, Bonds passed Ruth, and baseball is international now, Ruth's era is dead. Lets face facts, Hank Aaron is the greatest home run hitter of all time, he faced racism, he faced great Latin, White and Black American pitchers, and he never suffered under pressure. Hank Aaron is truly the GOAT of Home Run hitting.

Untested, that can be said for bonds also.  Did barry play in the dead ball era.  Did bonds play in the same conditions that Ruth played in.  Did Ruth play have the same medical advancements that Bonds have.  Did ruth play in bandbox stadiums like bonds.  Did Ruth has human growth hormones and steroids.  Also you can talk about how great the negro league players were and how much the white man sucks.  But you got guys pitching to bonds today white, black, asian, hispanic, whatever else there is that wouldnt of come close to making it in the great white league Ruth played in.  Or the Negro leagues for that matter.  Also common sense will tell you, you got great white ball players and crappy ones, same goes for the negro leagues.  You got the greats like Josh Gibson and Stachel Paige and then you have the bums.  And you can bring up exhibition games all you want.  But thats exactly what it was... exhibition games.  And about aaron, I have a lot of respect for him and for the hope of the game I hope bonds does not pass him b/c Hank is someone that should be looked up to.  But he didnt even have the best HR/AB ratio of his generation.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
greatest player of our generation, steroids or not. He has 7 MVPs, 6 before the alleged steroids, that's way more than the next person, a few players with 3. So to the haters, suck a dick. Ruth never played against a minority player, Ruth never played against real players, Bonds did, and was hitting home runs before ya' all thought he juiced. So suck a dick, Riverside Cali is on top of the mountain. I.E. muthaphukkaz.
Very well put. Although San Diego>Riverside.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 09:06:51 PM »
You say the Negro League players couldn't make it to the bigs, and that's because they were not given a chance, and if they were given the same chance as whites, they would have do well. In fact, the best pitchers of the 20s and 30s were considered to be in the Negro Leagues. Ruth never faced him. We have no question Bonds is playing the best that MLB has to offer, hell, they take the best from other countries too to see who is the best.

I never said they couldn't with the implication to most. I just said it wouldn't have been a half and half league. And if the best pitchers were black in the 20s and 30s then were these best pitchers in the 50s and 60s and since then? It doesn't make sense. Like I said, Ruth only would have had to face guys like Satchell a few times in his whole career. If you are under the impression tat the average black pitcher was better than the average white pitcher then you are wrong. At the very least they were as good and if they were as good Ruth still would have hit the homers. You don't have to hat on Ruth just because they are hating on Bonds. Bonds is a better HR hitter than Aaron but not Ruth. How many top black pitchers did Aaron face, and what makes you so sure Aaron and the players of his era weren't on the juice? Anabolic steroids were being used since the 50s.

Seriously. I want you to name me these magical black pitchers that Aaron hit HRs off that Ruth couldn't. Bob Gibson was amazing but how many times fid Aaron play against him? and how many others were at Gibson's level? In the Hall of Fame 8 of the 70 pitchers were from the negro leagues and only 4 were top level pitchers during the Ruth era, so it would have been likely that Ruth would only face 2 of 4 if they were sent to opposite leagues. That's not many homeruns he wouldn't have got assunming these guys were too good for Ruth to hit off of. Aaron played at the same time as Gibson and Fergie Jenkins. So Aaron plaayed against 2 Hall of Fame black pitchers, while Ruth would have played against 2. At the time Aaron reached 8400 he was still 100 HRs shy of Ruth, so unless you think that Ruth would have had to face top level black pitchers enough to make him lose 100 HRs then you don't have a case. Ruth is the best across the board player. Mays couldn't pitch like Ruth. I have no issues as to what whose skin colour is or was. I just look at the numbers and logic. My top two rated boxers ever are both black (Louis (Joe) and Foreman) and I don't put many whites near the top outside of Dempsey and Rock.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
i still say let Pete Rose in the Hall!!!!!!!!

Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

rik

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 10:59:36 PM »
i still say let Pete Rose in the Hall!!!!!!!!

I second that.

As for Bonds it's an incredible feat no doubt about that but it's also a tainted one. Like people above me said he already admitted to using steroids whether it was knowningly or not the fact of the matter is he used it. Now mufukas like him and Mark Mcgwire could go on for days saying that steroids doesn't improve your hand eye coordination and all that bs but it does make you stronger and if u already have the hand eye coordination but lack the power then you take steroids and there you go. You go from hitting 30-40 home runs in a season to hitting 50-60 and in Bonds case even 73 in one season. So that's my take on the whole situation I don't think it should be celebrated and obviously neither do many people cus it's no being talked about that much outside of probably San Francisco.

ps sorry if some of this has been written in this thread but I didn't read all of the posts I just wanted to add my two cents.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:19:21 PM by rik »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2006, 04:11:02 PM »
Man who cares, all I know is the games have been super crackin, drunk as fuck having a ball out there....

I used to go to the same gym as Barry for a while and I'll put it like this, my patnas that used to be over there before the scandal slanged any kind of drug possible. So go figure. 
baseball fans care, thank you for adding nothing useful to this post.

LMAO.

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2006, 03:34:05 PM »
bonds = legend!!!!