Author Topic: Whats everyone think of the new Ice Cube album so far.  (Read 997 times)

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Whats everyone think of the new Ice Cube album so far.
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 10:40:37 PM »
Production sounds fine to me...the only beat I wasn't feeling is the one on "Go To Church"...but that's probably only because I'm not a huge crunk fan. I'm not going to argue w/ anybody about that, because taste in beats/production is subjective; one man's trash is another's treasure--no two people are really going to agree on that aspect of music.

But yeah, lyrically, Cube came w/ it better than I thought he would...he has a helluva lot more to say than most of the rappers clogging up the mainstream rap world today w/ their wack-ass shit! Only tunes I can't get used to lyrically are "The Game Lord" (nice beat, but vocally, it sounds better on headphones--I wonder if Cube's mic could have been turned up a little louder) and "You Gotta Lotta That" (not a bad song by itself, but it seems a little repetitious coming after "Steal The Show", which is a far-superior take on getting pussy and whatnot.

I won't say it's in the same league w/ AMW or DEATH CERTIFICATE (how many CDs out there are?), but it's at least as good as THE PREDATOR and LETHAL INJECTION, and it's certainly better than WAR or PEACE!

LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER = Not a classic, but still excellent. THE SOURCE was on-point (for a change) when they gave it four mics...that's about right. Just my opinion, though.

PEACE!

Lethal INjection was pure classic...especially with that GHETTO BIRD song...

anyway...i wanted to comment on war and peace....yea.war wasn't too strong...but hell....peace was still good...actually..one of the great albums...

I respect your opinion but I don't see how you can call Peace vol 2 one of the great albums. Peace was a piece of shit IMO. Laugh Now, Cry later is much better. Dope beats: "Why We Thugs", "Smoke Some Weed", "Child support"....fuck it the only ones  didn't like was steal the show, Stop Snitchin and maybe Holla @ Boy(but it's starting to grow on me).....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 10:47:44 PM »
Plant hit it right on the head

This album is a banger to the fullest. There is no wack song on this album. A few ok ones, but easily over 2/3 of this album are dope as fuck

gotta lotta that- one of my fav beats on the album
why we thugs/child support
doing what it posed 2 do
smoke some weed

are prob my fav songs so far, but all the songs are growin on me nice

8-8.5/10

easily better than war and peace, and but not comin close to lethal injection or predator. the classics on those albums are untouchable
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »
Cube comes correct on this album but i would have like a few more guest appearances on it

thats one thing i like about the album.. that theres onyl a few apperances and the apperances were good 1s that fit Cube, rather than for example Warren Gs latest album that was filled with guests, i baught the album to hear Cube and thats wut i got

as for the production.. its pretty good for the most part. only beat i dont like is Stop Snitchn, the rest are listenable and they bump in a system

my fav tracks so far are "Child Support", "Doin What It Pose 2Do", "Go To Church", "Grown Up", "Spittin Pollaseeds" and pretty much every track i didnt mention

i didnt think there was too many skits.. the skits were actually listenable like "History of Violence" and "2 Decades Ago".. Dimes and Nicks was hilarious but it went on for too long i thought

so far id give it a 8/10 but iv found that i hafta give the album atleast a year to give it my final decision

btw the Peace Disc was tite as hell! i bumped that during the whole year of 2000

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 11:56:47 PM »
Cube maybe only 2nd to 2Pac is my favorite rapper and this album slaps!!! And the bonus cuts were a nice addition. It's like he knew the shit was going to leak and he rewarded the true fans. It is not is best album but what album is these days. I thought the production is very tight and it bumps in the ride. Cube kept it simple, which I expected, but hopefully on the next album he will get a little more political than this one.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 12:08:11 AM »
beats suck, the lil jon and scott Stortch beats are obvious trash leftovers

I can't believe Cube doesn't have an ear for this shit

so far 7/10

thats all u care about tthe beats? mr. dj quik-suckin groupie....

but yea i thought the album was dope....cube's lyrics were on point...the beats were good...not bad..."child support" is a banger....i c the track with kokane was a remix off mr. kane right?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 12:22:07 AM »
Production sounds fine to me...the only beat I wasn't feeling is the one on "Go To Church"...but that's probably only because I'm not a huge crunk fan. I'm not going to argue w/ anybody about that, because taste in beats/production is subjective; one man's trash is another's treasure--no two people are really going to agree on that aspect of music.

But yeah, lyrically, Cube came w/ it better than I thought he would...he has a helluva lot more to say than most of the rappers clogging up the mainstream rap world today w/ their wack-ass shit! Only tunes I can't get used to lyrically are "The Game Lord" (nice beat, but vocally, it sounds better on headphones--I wonder if Cube's mic could have been turned up a little louder) and "You Gotta Lotta That" (not a bad song by itself, but it seems a little repetitious coming after "Steal The Show", which is a far-superior take on getting pussy and whatnot.

I won't say it's in the same league w/ AMW or DEATH CERTIFICATE (how many CDs out there are?), but it's at least as good as THE PREDATOR and LETHAL INJECTION, and it's certainly better than WAR or PEACE!

LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER = Not a classic, but still excellent. THE SOURCE was on-point (for a change) when they gave it four mics...that's about right. Just my opinion, though.

PEACE!

Lethal INjection was pure classic...especially with that GHETTO BIRD song...

anyway...i wanted to comment on war and peace....yea.war wasn't too strong...but hell....peace was still good...actually..one of the great albums...

I respect your opinion but I don't see how you can call Peace vol 2 one of the great albums. Peace was a piece of shit IMO. Laugh Now, Cry later is much better. Dope beats: "Why We Thugs", "Smoke Some Weed", "Child support"....fuck it the only ones  didn't like was steal the show, Stop Snitchin and maybe Holla @ Boy(but it's starting to grow on me).....

yeah i hear ya...it's all good...

i mean from peace..."till we rich" and other tracks...those were dope though....anyway..whatever..it's all good.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 08:46:04 AM »
still aint copped it yet, imma cop busta and cube same day

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 02:06:08 PM »
this new Ice Cube cd is better than "The Big Bang" IMO, hands down.

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »
i was pleasently surprised. people are just going to have to get used to beats not sounding like they were made 1n 1997

Yeah i guess but still some beats are juts plain weak. His flow is pretty good rhymes are tight but most the beats are terrible.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 03:35:04 PM »
I think im the only one who dosent like smoke some weed i find it extremly annoying.

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 04:16:24 PM »
Good, not Great
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 04:21:50 PM »
Lyrically, this is the hardest Cube has come in a long time. I'm glad he's not makin' joint like "We Be Clubbin" anymore. The beats range from tight to mediocre, in my opinion. Smoke Some Weed, Nigga Trapp and Growin' Up are my joint. Click Clack is cool too. Spittin' Pollaseeds is a great joint as well. But the Lil Jon and Swizz Beats joints are just unlistenable to me, I'm sorry. And Scott Storch joints sound like watered down Dre tracks. 7/10.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 07:12:13 PM »
Lyrically, this is the hardest Cube has come in a long time. I'm glad he's not makin' joint like "We Be Clubbin" anymore. The beats range from tight to mediocre, in my opinion. Smoke Some Weed, Nigga Trapp and Growin' Up are my joint. Click Clack is cool too. Spittin' Pollaseeds is a great joint as well. But the Lil Jon and Swizz Beats joints are just unlistenable to me, I'm sorry. And Scott Storch joints sound like watered down Dre tracks. 7/10.

Coulnt of said it better, HE shoudl of called soopafly or Battlecat for some beats instead of lil jon but he did say in a interview he realy liked lil jons beats so if thats what he likes i guess thats cool i just wont be down.

Its not a bad record the hole idea behind child support is great.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »
Here is the real test....five years from now, will you still be listening to this album?

By the way, when does it come out in stores?

J Bananas

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 07:02:55 PM »
I think im the only one who dosent like smoke some weed i find it extremly annoying.

i can see myself hating it in a few months but im trying to enjoy the short time it sounds fresh