Author Topic: STEVE NASH, THE BIGGEST LOSER IN SPORTS  (Read 3085 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: STEVE NASH, THE BIGGEST LOSER IN SPORTS
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »
Hes not as much of a loser as Kobe is....Kobe LOST the MVP, and the playoff series to Steve Nash.....LOL

That definitely a legit angle to see it from! Dayumn!

How is that legit? Kobe is EASILY the better player, All NBA 1st Team, All-Defense 1st team, 35 ppg, 81 historic, 62 historic in 3 quarters, scoring champ, top 10 steals, etc...So saying Kobe lost to the Lakers is legit? Even though it was the LAKERS who lost? Kobe's NBDL team was one rebound away from advancing over the 2nd seeded team in the NBA...What's more legit when talking about MVP's? Your team lost! ....or.... He doesn't play defense and is pretty much a second or third option on a team like the Mavs. You choose. :-*

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »
it's not about who's the better player, it's about winning and losing, and the fact is this, that Nash WON 'mvp' and the first 2 rounds, while Kobe LOST 'mvp' and the first round. All circumstances put aside, what counts is the result.  it's a response to the thread starter and nothing to start over a debate about who's the better player.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 03:11:57 PM »
it's not about who's the better player, it's about winning and losing, and the fact is this, that Nash WON 'mvp' and the first 2 rounds, while Kobe LOST 'mvp' and the first round. All circumstances put aside, what counts is the result.  it's a response to the thread starter and nothing to start over a debate about who's the better player.

This isn't a debate about who GOT the MVP...we already know he got it. The debate is on whether he deserved it or not, and clearly, he doesn't...The MVP is a joke. It has become a popularity contest...How can you support it? Even your Dirk deserved the MVP way more than Nash, and even your theory of "Nash advanced" disproves Nash deserving it, because Dirk advanced...Think about it homie, Nash plays 50% of basketball...is that what it takes to be the MVP in this great basketball country?...Honestly... :-\

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 03:20:27 PM »
Im not even holding the opinion that nash deserved it. My whole point is that he WON IT. Yes, my point is really THAT simple and shallow. At the end of the day, winners WIN and losers LOSE. Im not debating who's better, who deserved it or whatever. It's nothing to analyze. Nash won the MVP, Kobe didn't, Nash's team beat Kobe's in the playoffs. He won, Kobe lost. THE END. Winner, Loser. I know that Nash had much better players on his side of the court and all. It's not about who's really better, it's about who won, and obviously, Nash did. It's that simple.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 03:24:45 PM »
Im not even holding the opinion that nash deserved it. My whole point is that he WON IT. Yes, my point is really THAT simple and shallow. At the end of the day, winners WIN and losers LOSE. Im not debating who's better, who deserved it or whatever. It's nothing to analyze. Nash won the MVP, Kobe didn't, Nash's team beat Kobe's in the playoffs. He won, Kobe lost. THE END. Winner, Loser. I know that Nash had much better players on his side of the court and all. It's not about who's really better, it's about who won, and obviously, Nash did. It's that simple.

Okay...Nice point. This thread is about who DESERVED it. :D

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 04:11:13 PM »
your just mad cuz your boyfriends (i mean the lakers) lost in the first found to them.... :P
Yea thats cuz everyone here loooooooove the Lakers no matter what, i use to like em before Kobe broke up the team, Kobe is talented but isint a difference make like Shaq sorry.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 04:27:25 PM »
Nash is dope but i still think Kobe deserved it more this year

:D

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »
i use to like em before Kobe broke up the team

You dumb piece of shit...do you enjoy beeing a Sheep!?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 04:35:44 PM »
Right get at me at the nd of Kobes career and tell me how many rings he has.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 05:02:57 PM »
Reasons why you should consider Nash MVP a joke:

- If you could steal one player from the Suns, you know you'd rather get Amare than him.
- If you could steal a player from the NBA, you know you'd rather get 10-15 other players over him.
- In 10 years you'll argue with your homies about Kobe's 81 points game rather than one of Nash's games.
- You've seen the Mavs are in the Finals, didn't you? Their PG is Jason Terry. Get it: Jason Terry. Finals.
- You know Kobe is better than him: this shouldn't even be questioned.
- You know Nash can't defend. I know it the Suns system, but damn.. this guy really can't defend!
- You know he has never led a team to the Finals. Shit man, he has only seen them on TV! And i know you're thinking about Kobe without Shaq, but to fail when your team is the #2 in the NBA and you have home court advantage is different than doing it with todays Lakers, isn't it?
- You know Kobe sonned him in Game 4. You've never seen a fresh MVP being humiliated the way Nash was that day, admit it. It was sad.
- You know they gave it to him just cause he's white.

Now please, let's talk about basketball. Amare is the real deal. Nash is the #2 better player of the Suns.

MVP?

LMAO.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 05:56:04 PM »
Reasons why you should consider Nash MVP a joke:

- If you could steal one player from the Suns, you know you'd rather get Amare than him.
- If you could steal a player from the NBA, you know you'd rather get 10-15 other players over him.
- In 10 years you'll argue with your homies about Kobe's 81 points game rather than one of Nash's games.
- You've seen the Mavs are in the Finals, didn't you? Their PG is Jason Terry. Get it: Jason Terry. Finals.
- You know Kobe is better than him: this shouldn't even be questioned.
- You know Nash can't defend. I know it the Suns system, but damn.. this guy really can't defend!
- You know he has never led a team to the Finals. Shit man, he has only seen them on TV! And i know you're thinking about Kobe without Shaq, but to fail when your team is the #2 in the NBA and you have home court advantage is different than doing it with todays Lakers, isn't it?
- You know Kobe sonned him in Game 4. You've never seen a fresh MVP being humiliated the way Nash was that day, admit it. It was sad.
- You know they gave it to him just cause he's white.

Now please, let's talk about basketball. Amare is the real deal. Nash is the #2 better player of the Suns.

MVP?

LMAO.

can't argue with that

lmao @ homie who said kobe broke up the lakers. everyone keeps sayin that but has no proof of that. read phil jackson's book, he explained exactly why him and shaq left. as for derek fisher and robert horry - they got their 3 rings with the lakers but decided to go other places to get more money.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »
Im the one who said that and since you read the book i guess youre right but still the Lakers should of kept Shaq istead of Kobe.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »
By the sound of it, Shaquille O'Neal is one focused individual at the Los Angeles Lakers' training camp in Hawaii.
Focused on money, that is.
O'Neal is seeking a lucrative contract extension and is using the exhibition games as a forum to meet that end.
O'Neal talked about his desired extension in interviews before the exhibition opener Tuesday against Golden State. Then, in the third quarter of the game, after he made six straight shots, scored 14 points and emphatically rejected a shot by Golden State's Mike Dunleavy, O'Neal turned to the Lakers bench and yelled, "Now you gonna pay me?"
Owner Jerry Buss was seated on the other side of the court
:nawty: however. A short time later, as O'Neal was on the bench during a timeout, he turned to reporters seated courtside and mouthed the words, "Pay me."
Before the game the next night, O'Neal saw reporters in the hallway outside the locker room, rubbed his fingers together in a money-counting gesture and shouted out, "Show me the money! Show me the money!"
Under National Basketball Association rules, O'Neal is eligible to receive a three-year extension worth upward of $108 million. O'Neal signed a maximum extension in 2000.
The extension for which O'Neal is eligible is so incredibly large because he is one of the rare players whose salary was grandfathered in before the latest collective bargaining agreement put a maximum on salaries.
The extension, which would start in 2006-'07, could make him the NBA's highest-paid player in that season by $12 million to $14 million over Minnesota's Kevin Garnett, who is also grandfathered in. Garnett, however, did not demand the maximum in his recent deal and "settled" for $100 million over five seasons, even though he was eligible for more than $180 million.
The way O'Neal looks at it, he is worth the maximum.
"Last time they took care of me, we won three (championships) in a row," O'Neal said. "So, if you believe in history and how history repeats itself, then. . . . I always give my maximum. On a good toe or a (hurt) toe, I always give my maximum. And that's all I want in return.
"I want honesty and I want the truth. If they're not going to do it, I'd rather they tell me that right now, so we can move on. But I always give my maximum. So, hopefully I can get it. Do I deserve it? Yeah, I deserve it."
O'Neal said he didn't even know how much he is making now. His salary is $24.75 million.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/oct03/176576.asp

Shaq didn't want to take a pay-cut.....THE END

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 07:40:24 PM »
OK! lol can i still like him and think Kobe may have more talent but Shaq is more dominant&?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 09:50:29 PM »
Im the one who said that and since you read the book i guess youre right but still the Lakers should of kept Shaq istead of Kobe.

You would've kept a 32 year old who was falling off over a 26 year old who was playing amazing basketball AND hadn't even reached his prime yet? Wow you would make a great general manager!

If they would've given Shaq that extension he DEMANDED, he would've been making $100 million at the age of 38.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"