Author Topic: If you've heard one _____ verse, you've heard them all.  (Read 525 times)

J Bananas

Re: If you've heard one _____ verse, you've heard them all.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 11:28:22 AM »
Erick Sermon.

I bought his Music album from 2001 last week for £4. I've listened to it about five times since and a little part of my dies each time. He's a TERRIBLE emcee.

With the exception of 'Music' and 'The Sermon', you could take his verses from any song on that album, put them on another track, and it wouldn't make the slightest difference.

Each verse = a couple of references to how many years he has in the game, some shit about he makes the party jump, and the most fucking atrocious, simplistic similes I've ever heard in hip-hop, period. Shit makes me angry >:(

-1 cock sucker

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 11:32:05 AM »
Paul Wall - start it off with a "what it do". mention being posted up somewhere. gotta mention the diamonds in his mouth. and of course the princess cut diamons on his chain
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 11:43:15 AM »
The Game - Throw in some shoe references, some G-Unit shoutouts/disses, some famous names, a Dre and a Eazy shoutout, and you got your Game verse.
Young Jeezy - Yyyyyeeeaaaahhh, Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy, crack metaphor, money, That's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhtt, nuff said.
Daz - DPGC, DPG, repping <insert set>, Kurupt/Snoop shoutout, something about being a legend, verse done.
Kurupt - Something about bitches, repeat x 10 with some shoutouts in the mix.
50 Cent - Sumthin about guns, getting money, spending money and hustling crack, every verse sounds the same after GRODT..
Paul Wall - Diamonds, woodgrain, grills, candy paint, paper, patnas and drank, done.
Benzino - Something about Eminem, being a real nigga, being mad connected, something about Eminem, something about 50, being gangsta and Eminem isn't, done.

Lol...kinda sad when you actually think about it, but it's true though. Mainstream Hip-Hop needs some creativity again. The fans know it, now if only those corporate assholes/execs got the message.

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 01:31:10 PM »
Kanye West - "yeah.... uh.... yeah..... uh...."

Eihtball

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2006, 05:27:54 AM »
Spice-1 and RBX - I stopped listening to both of them after I realized how much they recycle the same rhymes and even entire bars throughout their careers.  For Spice-1, it's stuff like "got a TEC in the bushes, got more mail than the rest of the pushas".  RBX, on the other end, will often repeat large parts of the same verses - check out Wikipedia for examples.

anto

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 06:56:51 AM »
Killa cam (even if hes one of my favorite) and dipset: chinchilla fur, dipset, it's dipset bitch
Young Jeezy: Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Mobb Deep
50 Cent

Eihtball

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 07:12:32 AM »

Diabolical

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 07:52:12 AM »
Dipset
Snoop

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 01:13:06 PM »
Jeezy....lets get it....daaaaaaamn.......GHEA...........
Kurupt....bitch bitch bitch bitch.....
Paul wall....its paul wall baby the peoples champ

and Games verses are not repetitve these days. they're str8 up fire. dael with it
You forgot the constant crack refrences for Jeezy.

And Game is still repetitive. His flow and lyrics are improving, but he still name drops, talks about how gangtsa he is, etc.

the underlined part...Good one  ;) Game's the only rapper that talks about how gangsta he is huh?  ::) Sure man!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 01:33:51 PM »
Busta rhymes - hough - ha

Just blaze - Just blaaaaaze

Dmx - grrrrrrrr -common - wouf wouf ..lol where my dogs at.

I like all of em by the way not dissing lool

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 01:41:56 PM »
eminem - spit something about his daughter, his momma, his poppa, a joke, a stupid sound.....

one of the most predictable artists since he made it big

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »
Jeezy....lets get it....daaaaaaamn.......GHEA...........
Kurupt....bitch bitch bitch bitch.....
Paul wall....its paul wall baby the peoples champ

and Games verses are not repetitve these days. they're str8 up fire. dael with it
You forgot the constant crack refrences for Jeezy.

And Game is still repetitive. His flow and lyrics are improving, but he still name drops, talks about how gangtsa he is, etc.

the underlined part...Good one  ;) Game's the only rapper that talks about how gangsta he is huh?  ::) Sure man!
I never said Game was the only one who talked about how gangsta he is. But he does repeatitily talk about it. How does that translate into "Game's the only rapper that talks about how gangsta he is "?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 04:11:13 PM »
Spice-1 and RBX - I stopped listening to both of them after I realized how much they recycle the same rhymes and even entire bars throughout their careers.  For Spice-1, it's stuff like "got a TEC in the bushes, got more mail than the rest of the pushas".  RBX, on the other end, will often repeat large parts of the same verses - check out Wikipedia for examples.

Lol I wrote most of that article on RBX for wikipedia! ;D And those recyclings I mentioned were just the ones I could think of so soon. There's another thing he's been saying on quite a few tracks lately 'it's bad on the block'.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Eihtball

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 08:14:35 PM »

Lol I wrote most of that article on RBX for wikipedia! ;D And those recyclings I mentioned were just the ones I could think of so soon. There's another thing he's been saying on quite a few tracks lately 'it's bad on the block'.

Ah, shit, seriously?  I started realizing how much shit he repeated by the time I started listening to "No Mercy, No Remorse", but the list on Wikipedia is pretty extensive, certainly more than I ever noticed.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 08:24:48 PM »
Yeah I will admit Spice has been known to be a little repetitive.