Author Topic: Waiting for Shaq to say "He's the best Player i ever played with"  (Read 1014 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Waiting for Shaq to say "He's the best Player i ever played with"
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 04:04:42 PM »
haha. I know he had the Kidney Transplant. That alone defaults him from being compared to Shaq as he was healthy. We can only estimate from his performance in the finals. But, since we saw what Shaq and Wade did together throughout the season, for me and I'm sure others, it's safe to say who the better duo was/is.

I don't know, we have a different opinion. I'll add more controversy here, and i'm sure a lot of Laker fans will strongly disagree.

Penny+Shaq > Kobe+Shaq > Wade+Shaq.

And Penny is probably the only one who won't make the HOF between the 4 of them. So it's not about being the best player, it's about fitting with Shaq. I just think Penny was the perfect one to couple with Shaq. Kobe was too much limitated from him, and Wade doesn't even take advantage of him, so..

Sorry man, but you either entirely missed the 3peat days or are smoking some bomb ass crack. Kobe and Shaq (in his prime) were one of the, if not the best center-guard combo EVER...When Kobe and Shaq got it going together, they were UNSTOPPABLE...PeACe

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uwJA4ANq1Lg&search=kobe%20shaq

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 04:09:36 PM »
As for Zo, he already proved he could hold up for a whole season...When Shaq was "injured" in the beginning of the season, Zo was starting and led the league in blocks. When Shaq returned, the Heat started playing worse...They only broke their slump later in the season. Zo finished 3rd in the league in blocks, playing limited minutes off the bench. If it wasn't for Mourning, Heat wouldn't be champions right now...That's what it really comes down to.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 04:11:47 PM »
As for Zo, he already proved he could hold up for a whole season...When Shaq was "injured" in the beginning of the season, Zo was starting and led the league in blocks. When Shaq returned, the Heat started playing worse...They only broke their slump later in the season. Zo finished 3rd in the league in blocks, playing limited minutes off the bench. If it wasn't for Mourning, Heat wouldn't be champions right now...That's what it really comes down to.

so you think the heat would've won the championship without shaq?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 04:22:51 PM »
Penny was amazing back in the days.
I'm not saying he was/is better than Kobe, don't get me wrong.
And obviously Kobe & Shaq will be remembered as the most deadly combo of the recent past.
But i was saying that Penny & Shaq just looked like a perfect combo on the floor.
No beefs, no problems.. Shaq did the work inside, and Penny did the work outside.
Just perfect. Too bad Penny fell off.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »

so you think the heat would've won the championship without shaq?

Probably not...But they wouldn't have won it without Zo or Antoine Walker either...Or even Gary Payton, who hit those big shots...That's exactly the point I've been making, Shaq is no longer in a class of his own. You can't tell someone they're nuts anymore for even saying one of the role players were a bigger factor.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 08:35:31 PM »
Stats show that Alonzo Mourning was more helpful to the Heat in the Finals than Shaq. 

stats dont show that SHaq got double-teamed the whole series.

and lol @ "wade+zo >wade+shaq". just cuz he had a great game 6 hes better than shaq now? look at zo's season stats, even playoffs stats compared to shaq, youre gonna tell me zo better than shaq? hahahha..

you laker fans are clowns.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 09:13:56 PM »
Stats show that Alonzo Mourning was more helpful to the Heat in the Finals than Shaq. 

stats dont show that SHaq got double-teamed the whole series.

and lol @ "wade+zo >wade+shaq". just cuz he had a great game 6 hes better than shaq now? look at zo's season stats, even playoffs stats compared to shaq, youre gonna tell me zo better than shaq? hahahha..

You're an idiot who didn't even watch one game. Shaq got double-teamed the whole series? LMFAO!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 10:02:42 PM »
And obviously Kobe & Shaq will be remembered as the most deadly combo of the recent past.
But i was saying that Penny & Shaq just looked like a perfect combo on the floor.
No beefs, no problems.. Shaq did the work inside, and Penny did the work outside.

Sorry man, Penny wasn't nearly as effective at feeding Shaq as Kobe was, and his outside game wasn't near Kobe's level as well...3Peat Lakers would have DESTROYED the 1995 Magic, mostly due to Kobe and Shaq's unstoppable 1-2 punch. Not saying Penny and Shaq weren't a nice combo as well, but they're simply not touching vintage Kobe & Shaq...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2006, 04:49:49 AM »
stats dont show that Shaq got double-teamed the whole series.

Are you joking? ::)

That wasn't even my point. But yes, i've seen the stats and i've also reported that if you fix them to Shaq's minutage they're better. So? ::)

Next post, please! With this one if just wasted 2 minutes of my life.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 05:01:45 AM »

Sorry man, Penny wasn't nearly as effective at feeding Shaq as Kobe was, and his outside game wasn't near Kobe's level as well...3Peat Lakers would have DESTROYED the 1995 Magic, mostly due to Kobe and Shaq's unstoppable 1-2 punch. Not saying Penny and Shaq weren't a nice combo as well, but they're simply not touching vintage Kobe & Shaq...PeACe

Obviously, man.

Them Lakers were unstoppable. I simply wanted to say i loved watching Penny & Shaq more. Not that they were better than Kobe & Shaq, cause nobody in the last decade is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 11:00:28 AM »

Obviously, man.

Them Lakers were unstoppable. I simply wanted to say i loved watching Penny & Shaq more. Not that they were better than Kobe & Shaq, cause nobody in the last decade is.

Well, as a Laker fan, I just can't understand how you can love watching another teams duo more...Maybe it just takes you back in the days or something, but nothing, to me at least, comes close to watching the Kobe-Shaq duo performing at their highest levels...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 03:50:01 PM »
Well, as a Laker fan, I just can't understand how you can love watching another teams duo more...Maybe it just takes you back in the days or something, but nothing, to me at least, comes close to watching the Kobe-Shaq duo performing at their highest levels...PeACe

That's it. I still remember when I used to play NBA Live '95 using the Magic. The old times. :)
Anyway Kobe & Shaq looked more like a combo of giants between small men. Nothing romantic, they simply DESTROYED everybody. Scaring.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:51:51 PM by ANTONIO »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2006, 04:13:29 PM »

That's it. I still remember when I used to play NBA Live '95 using the Magic. The old times. :)
Anyway Kobe & Shaq looked more like a combo of giants between small men. Nothing romantic, they simply DESTROYED everybody. Scaring.

yea, normally I enjoy great basketball, but I didnt like the 3peat lakers AT ALL. they were just too dominant. it wasn't even fun(ny).
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2006, 04:15:38 PM »

yea, normally I enjoy great basketball, but I didnt like the 3peat lakers AT ALL. they were just too dominant. it wasn't even fun(ny).

Well, of course it's not gunna be enjoyable when you're with an opposing team...But as a Laker fan, that shit was a privalege to watch.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2006, 04:35:57 PM »
It was like a perfect machine, man. Probably too perfect. I think 7 knows what i mean..