Author Topic: Cali Iz Active 2nd week sales= 13,163  (Read 909 times)

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Cali Iz Active 2nd week sales= 13,163
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 09:27:33 AM »

i don't know man....i know what ya saying...and i feel they don't got that creativity no more...
i know we gotta be on present time music..but damn...lot of music out there just don't make sense...not all..but a lot.

I see what you are saying but agree to disagree.

Creativity is not why people are failing to reach platnium status.  Back in the mid 90s they could put out harder hip hop and still sell.  Now you have to have a poppy single or 3 and you have to have a club joint and a love song for the ladies.  Requirements to go platnium in hip hop have changed.  If you have noticed the least creative albums/songs are making the most noise.  Laffy Taffy?  Lean Wit It?  Those songs are far from creative.

Ice Cube's album is much more creative and its not going to go platnium, would be lucky to hit 500k.  The Gnarles Barkley CD is honestly one of the more creative albums I've heard in the last 2-3 years and it is not going to hit gold either.  Yung Joc is going to go platnium tho lol

http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »
SMH, this is pathetic

and don't tell this shit that they don't care how it sells, this is a complete utter bomb

didn't 213 Hard Way push like 90,000 first week when the video came out like a week before it dropped? lol

you're a fuckin idiot.

the reason it didn't sell is cuz nobody whos who the fuck tha dogg pound is for most part. older cats know but high school kids across america  dont know who the fuck kurupt or daz are.  why are u comparing 213?  snoop, warren & nate. all of them are reconizable and people know who they are. daz hasn't been on tv for over 10 yrs so this is the first time alot of people who dont know there westcoast history  see who he is. same can be said for kurupt. kurupt hasn't been in much spotlight since 95. the new generation don't know these fools and all there music stays local because of songs like "cali iz active"..your only gonna get so far with that title.  even Power106 doesn't play "cali iz active"  and they sure dont play it in the bay area... it doesn't really help when radio isn't playing it at all & neither does tv so there poor numbers seem totally right. now stop crying about it u fuckin little hoe.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 10:14:32 AM »
LOL @ alot of people talking that E-40 flopped shit, compare him to alot of the other major label albums. He's still pushing steady units every week.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »
SMH, this is pathetic

and don't tell this shit that they don't care how it sells, this is a complete utter bomb

didn't 213 Hard Way push like 90,000 first week when the video came out like a week before it dropped? lol

you're a fuckin idiot.

the reason it didn't sell is cuz nobody whos who the fuck tha dogg pound is for most part. older cats know but high school kids across america  dont know who the fuck kurupt or daz are.  why are u comparing 213?  snoop, warren & nate. all of them are reconizable and people know who they are. daz hasn't been on tv for over 10 yrs so this is the first time alot of people who dont know there westcoast history  see who he is. same can be said for kurupt. kurupt hasn't been in much spotlight since 95. the new generation don't know these fools and all there music stays local because of songs like "cali iz active"..your only gonna get so far with that title.  even Power106 doesn't play "cali iz active"  and they sure dont play it in the bay area... it doesn't really help when radio isn't playing it at all & neither does tv so there poor numbers seem totally right. now stop crying about it u fuckin little hoe.

your right, people dont know... and its fucked up cuz they been makin dope cds for a long time, yeah they aint lyrical or nothin but the music is good.... i reccomend this cd to anyone. but ive been a fan for 15 years so ya know....

plus this album is gettin better to me everyday....

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 11:02:28 AM »
if u dont like the album why do you keep making threads about it?

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

westside159

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 11:05:21 AM »
Mobb deep 200,000 flopped big time

ll cool j - flopped

bubba sparxx - flopped

Camron - flopped big time  damn !!!!

d-nice

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 11:19:56 AM »
How are you guys saying that Gnarls Barkley is not going gold? All they need is 50k and they have it. And they have been selling 50k-60k a week. Yeah Tha Dogg Pound needs a new single and alot of other things because this album this floppin bad. Hardly any promotion. Cube has been promoting the hell out of LNCL and I think it will eventually go gold. Rap as a whole is not selling what is used to.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 11:25:12 AM »
I'm having issues understanding this sales thing. Ice cube didn't sell very well, his single isn't blowing up, e-40 did good.., Cali iz active flopped, Just add water flopped, Trauma/Warren G/Mack 10 all did poorly. I can't invision a west coast album (other then Game/Dre/Snoop) ever going gold, ever again. Sales are so messed up these days, if 'Go to Church' doesn't blow up I have a hard time imagining what would.

youre always having issues understanding things. its been that way for a couple of years. lol @ your post.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »
How are you guys saying that Gnarls Barkley is not going gold? All they need is 50k and they have it. And they have been selling 50k-60k a week. Yeah Tha Dogg Pound needs a new single and alot of other things because this album this floppin bad. Hardly any promotion. Cube has been promoting the hell out of LNCL and I think it will eventually go gold. Rap as a whole is not selling what is used to.

unless cube hits a wall, he will get gold which will be a tremendous accomplishment. same with gnarls barkley glad to see they doing their thang

if 40 water drops a solid 3rd single, he may have a chance at gold.....

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

youngmessnucca

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 11:34:52 AM »

unless cube hits a wall, he will get gold which will be a tremendous accomplishment. same with gnarls barkley glad to see they doing their thang

if 40 water drops a solid 3rd single, he may have a chance at gold.....

If they find a way to clean up "White Girl" it will 8)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 11:51:52 AM »

i don't know man....i know what ya saying...and i feel they don't got that creativity no more...
i know we gotta be on present time music..but damn...lot of music out there just don't make sense...not all..but a lot.

I see what you are saying but agree to disagree.

Creativity is not why people are failing to reach platnium status.  Back in the mid 90s they could put out harder hip hop and still sell.  Now you have to have a poppy single or 3 and you have to have a club joint and a love song for the ladies.  Requirements to go platnium in hip hop have changed.  If you have noticed the least creative albums/songs are making the most noise.  Laffy Taffy?  Lean Wit It?  Those songs are far from creative.

Ice Cube's album is much more creative and its not going to go platnium, would be lucky to hit 500k.  The Gnarles Barkley CD is honestly one of the more creative albums I've heard in the last 2-3 years and it is not going to hit gold either.  Yung Joc is going to go platnium tho lol

lol@young joc...

but yeah..ya got point..the requirement changed....ya know the song "all for the money..it's all for the money" from toyota commerical?
haha..that's what it is these days.

ice cube's album is debatable...but that's another story..another time.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »

Last I checked it was sitting at 350k sold with the single dropping out of rotation slowly .  It was doing 30k at that same time.  Didn't realize what it is at until right now, so I stand corrected.  As you can tell I don't pay much attention to record sales lol

Cube himself has been promoting LNCL.  That is one person.  He didn't have a national wide marketing campaign.  You don't see a bunch of posters for his album on telephone poles and certainly not a bunch of in-store displays.  He also hasn't really been on as many shows as he could to promote it.  Lucky for him he is a star and he can make moves himself.   Shit, the most advertisement I've seen for anything related to the album was a link on Myspace to watch the Go To Church video  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 11:59:36 AM by djkoast »
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »
truly these rappers need to just sell like 450,000 to get certified gold

smh, we need to be graspin straws for plaques but damn times are ruff

- Lewis Carroll

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 01:05:22 PM »
truly these rappers need to just sell like 450,000 to get certified gold

smh, we need to be graspin straws for plaques but damn times are ruff
u can say that again
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

TuSlic

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 04:30:29 PM »
Mobb deep 200,000 flopped big time

ll cool j - flopped

bubba sparxx - flopped

Camron - flopped big time  damn !!!!

cam'ron = indy

Cam'ron did better numbers then, mobb deep, ll cool j and bubba sparxx with no radio or video play.  Them other 3 was on the radio every few minutes.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 04:34:29 PM by TuSlic »