Author Topic: NBA Record-Setting 8 Team, 19 Player Trade To Take Place?  (Read 1936 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

NBA Record-Setting 8 Team, 19 Player Trade To Take Place?
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »
8 Team, 19 Player Trade

Thursday, 13 July 2006

According to multiple sources, in a story broken by Sacramento's Grant Napier on Tuesday evening sports radio, owners and general managers are scrambling to put the finishing touches on a massive 8 team trade. Originally slated to include 6 teams and 16 players two other clubs jumped in on the action Wednesday night bringing the total players involved to as many as 19.

The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers may go down as the franchise who started it all with their heavy shopping of guard Allen Iverson. Golden State is rumored to be the new home of the electric guard who has NBA Finals experience, an All-Star game MVP trophy, and a league leader in scoring to his credit. Golden State is set to send out forward Troy Murphy in the deal.

The Denver Nuggets are looking to settle the fued between head coach George Karl and disgruntled and oft-injured power forward Kenyon Martin. The New York Knicks have coveted Martin seeking to place the rugged forward alongside Eddy Curry. The Knicks are set to send out Steve Francis to make room for KMart. Also outgoing from Denver would be guard Andre Miller.

The Sacramento Kings appear on the verge of losing guard Bonzi Wells but will seek to sign and trade him in this massive scenerio. Meanwhile the Indiana Pacers will be sending out forward/center Jeff Foster, guard Jamaal Tinsley, and forward Stephen Jackson.

The Atlanta Hawks are in the action looking to sign and trade forward Al Harrington. The Seattle Supersonics are rumored to be the 8th team as they are looking to sign and trade Chris Wilcox who's contract negotiations have come to an impasse.

Eight other players are involved in order to make the salaries match under the current CBA rules.

A huge press conference is scheduled for Friday afternoon as long as all parties can agree and the league approves this NBA record sized transaction.

Sounds too massive to go down...Allen Iverson for Troy Murphy? I dunno 'bout this one...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: NBA Record-Setting 8 Team, 19 Player Trade To Take Place?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 05:04:32 PM »
Fuck that! Indy giving away foster, sarunas and Jackson??

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:49 PM »
wtf ??? :eh:

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »
Davis and Iverson? Sounds coo

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 05:38:52 PM »
The Sixers are lucky to win a game next season if that goes down
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 05:49:07 PM »
If Philly gets rid of AI it will be more likely a salary dump rather than improving the team... they could prolly get 3 solid players with the dough they are paying for AI.....Toronto did the same thing with Jalen Rose.......he had a contract worth over 90 mil, so they traded him for not much, but its really paying off now....

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »
this is too large for me to comprehend without a list of:
a) what players played for what team before the trade
b) where the players will land up after the trade

im sure if i take a while to think about it though, id eventually get it loll

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 06:06:17 PM »
Fuck that! Indy giving away foster, sarunas and Jackson??

This trade replaces the last trade of Sarunas and Jeff Foster for Bonzi Wells with Stephen Jackson, Jeff Foster, and Jamaal Tinsley for Bonzi Wells (and possibly a few more players)...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 06:06:33 PM »
this is too large for me to comprehend without a list of:
a) what players played for what team before the trade
b) where the players will land up after the trade

im sure if i take a while to think about it though, id eventually get it loll

Yea, well, I'm sure a list will come out if it goes down...

rik

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 11:57:14 PM »
Wow it would be crazy if it goes down. I was hoping the Lakeshow would be involved...I think they need to make another move to get a point guard.

ecrazy

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 12:43:58 AM »
Kenyon Martin was at my work on monday, i dont know what his ass is doin in town, it was funny as fuck, some guy was shouting from the upper pavillion "how'd it feel to lose to the clippers K-mart?" and dude got heated, he told us to get him away, i laughed.

rik

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 12:46:14 AM »
Kenyon Martin was at my work on monday, i dont know what his ass is doin in town, it was funny as fuck, some guy was shouting from the upper pavillion "how'd it feel to lose to the clippers K-mart?" and dude got heated, he told us to get him away, i laughed.

where u work at?

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 12:49:23 AM »

where u work at?

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 12:53:34 AM »

where u work at?